Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:02 AM

100 posts, read 408,110 times

Advertisements

I am interested in women of all backgrounds (I think). Yet one thing that strikes me from observation, and that is white women tend to look a lot older then women from other ethnic backgrounds; mainly the races who skin are darker. The sista's I work with who are in their late 20's or maybe early 30's, could easily pass as 18 year olds if they wanted too without any problem. Most of the white women I work with either look there age I guess or look much older then what they really are.

I know there are many factors that play into it, like genetics, lack of melanin, etc;. I also know that there are many white women who age well too. All of you have to admit that those white girls might look great by the time they go to college and in their early twenties but once they get past 30, lets just say now I know why the divorce rate is high among caucasions in this country.

Other trends I notice too, is that young white women when they party tend to smoke and consume a lot of alcohol compared to most women of other ethnicities. Those types of activities I guess speeds up the aging process...but I guess when you are at that age most of us do not think about those consequences

Nonetheless, my question is when looking for a mate do you take into consideration how old will she/he look 10 years from now?

Old 06-22-2008, 05:40 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
i dont know if you are just trying to be offensive, or are just an ignoramous?
if looks are the main focus or your search for a wife, and you feel that darker skin is the advantage, then just date women other than caucausian. what they hell is that reference to caucasian have a high divorce rate??
is that like an actually statistic, or what? is it only white people getting divorced?

Old 06-22-2008, 06:10 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times
True beauty comes from the light in the eyes, a natural smile on the face, and the glow of good health that shines through the skin, regardless of age.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:34 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
I've noticed this
I'd attribute a lot of it to the sun.
IN GENERAL the fairer the skin, the more susceptible to damage

Old 06-22-2008, 07:00 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post
I am interested in women of all backgrounds (I think). Yet one thing that strikes me from observation, and that is white women tend to look a lot older then women from other ethnic backgrounds; mainly the races who skin are darker. The sista's I work with who are in their late 20's or maybe early 30's, could easily pass as 18 year olds if they wanted too without any problem. Most of the white women I work with either look there age I guess or look much older then what they really are.

I know there are many factors that play into it, like genetics, lack of melanin, etc;. I also know that there are many white women who age well too. All of you have to admit that those white girls might look great by the time they go to college and in their early twenties but once they get past 30, lets just say now I know why the divorce rate is high among caucasions in this country.

Other trends I notice too, is that young white women when they party tend to smoke and consume a lot of alcohol compared to most women of other ethnicities. Those types of activities I guess speeds up the aging process...but I guess when you are at that age most of us do not think about those consequences

Nonetheless, my question is when looking for a mate do you take into consideration how old will she/he look 10 years from now?
So, let me see if I have this straight. The reason that the divorce rate is high amoung whites is that white women get wrinkles faster.

Do you really think men are that shallow?

Old 06-22-2008, 07:07 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,679,007 times
Quote:
All of you have to admit that those white girls might look great by the time they go to college and in their early twenties but once they get past 30, lets just say now I know why the divorce rate is high among caucasions in this country.

Are you kidding me with this!? What a shallow & ignorant statement. I am a white female & will be 35 next week. (yea, apparently ready for the glue factory in your opinion...) I have yet to be guessed any older than my late 20's. I exercise, use sunscreen daily & have never smoked in my life. I know I look better now than in my 20's. My husband says so too & we've been together 12 years. Amazingly he's managed to stay with me past 10

Yes, the darker the skin the more resistance to sun damage. However, it's only a small part genetics & a big part lifestyle. Have you seen Chinese/Japanese women's skin? Some of the most ageless, unwrinkled milky white skin I've ever seen.

Stop generalizing- PS. Everyone grows old. You want to base your future wife on what she will look in 10 years? You will live a very unhappy, unsatisfied life. And I feel sorry for anyone who will be subject to your scrutiny.

And frankly, you're probably too shallow to realize this but there is a certain beauty that comes from women being confident in their own skin. It's a confidence that ONLY comes from age & that is sexy- even if it brings *gasp!* a laugh line or two.

Last edited by PixiStix; 06-22-2008 at 07:22 AM..

Old 06-22-2008, 07:10 AM

681 posts, read 2,878,243 times
Quote:

Not really, since I don't know exactly what she'll look like. On top of that, I don't know what I will look like... let's face it, I'm getting gray and white hairs in many different places on my body now and I'm only 28. I've been noticing the "gray onslaught" since age 22. My mom grayed early... I probably will too. Ten years from now, I'm not going to look like I'm in my 20s anymore and I'm sure my wife won't either. All I really care about is that I can still OPERATE like a 20-something and keep up with all the young 'uns.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:37 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times
I think credit does need to be given to the OP's post in that his/her observations are ones I've made as well. I wouldn't say white women age early as they age differently. My observations seem to tell me that most white women keep the same "look" between the following periods: 11-16, 17-35, 36-60, 61--? . What this means is that most Cacasians look within their same "group" from 11-16 (young preteen child), from 17-35 (adult...I've seen some very old-look 17 year olds and young-looking 30 year olds), 36-60 (older woman), 61- on (grandma).

This is very different from what I've observed of us Asian woman. Even at 23, I still consistently get carded for R-rated movies. I suppose it is from our body shape and type and the look of our face that Asians are usually considered "young-looking". However, once we become of age, it seems Asians have a tendency to age "overnight". I've seen this sort of thing happen to not only my mother but my aunts as well. My mom could have easily passed for a 20-year old girl at 35 but it seems since she turned 45, she's definitely showing her age and perhaps looks even older.

I'm not sure how it is with black women...but just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Edit: Why are women flipping out over the OP? Its not like the OP attacked you personally. There's no need to be so insecure and tear at him like a bunch of beasts.

Last edited by SmerkyGrl; 06-22-2008 at 07:49 AM..

Old 06-22-2008, 07:47 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,520 posts, read 6,327,828 times
WOW.

I think the shows about to start. Runs and gets popcorn and opera glasses.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:23 AM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post

Edit: Why are women flipping out over the OP? Its not like the OP attacked you personally. There's no need to be so insecure and tear at him like a bunch of beasts.

This is very easy to say when you're 23 and still getting carded for R-rated movies. You may feel very differently in 30 years. No, the OP was not a personal attack, but women who are not 23 anymore are reminded constantly that they're not the perceived ideal in beauty anymore. We don't need yet another reminder, this time from ignorant people who have no clue how it feels to age. And yes, everybody does get older. You too WILL lose your youthful appeal if you're lucky.

Last edited by cmacf1; 06-22-2008 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: added a modifier to the word 'ideal'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships