Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 11:51 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,350 times

Advertisements

I've heard that phrase on different sites. What exactly is it that they're looking for. Do I possess some qualities or not?

Things I do/don't do and qualities I might have or don't have
1) I don't really have too many characteristics of a house-wife (I'm useless when it comes to recipes or decorating/organizing the house but might hire a maid in the future, plus I can't use detergent nor do any heavy cleaning due to my allergies)
2) Have no interest in ever having kids and will be turning 25 next month.. it's ok for me as I'm slowly waiting for all the eggs to die
3) I'm focusing on finishing Turism & Travel management major (I'm paying for my courses)
4) I have plans on traveling to historical places, not staying home all day
5) But even though I'm different and like stated will never bear a child, I want to get married one day (I just want a husband, not add someone else in the picture)
6) I hardly ever dye my nails nor put make-up on (sometimes I wear the same clothes)
7) I'm sort of a bookish person and sometimes lack a sense of humor
8) Regarding my past: only an ex and that's about it but I think it's because I need to go out often

Or will many men still look for the woman with some household characteristics as well as one with nurturing urges towards kids?

Thing is I'm very different and it's probably gonna take me a while to find him. It's like they still want a woman that's kinda traditional in some roles. I don't fit them. I think that's why my ex bf never saw me as potential wife and so strung me along.

People in my family are getting married one by one and sometimes it makes me kinda upset that I still haven't found him.... the one that will accept me like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 11:55 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I've heard that phrase on different sites. What exactly is it that they're looking for. Do I possess some qualities or not?

Things I do/don't do
1) I don't really have too many characteristics of a house-wife (I'm useless when it comes to recipes or decorating/organizing the house but might hire a maid in the future, plus I can't use detergent nor do any heavy cleaning due to my allergies)
2) Have no interest in ever having kids and will be turning 25 next month.. it's ok for me as I'm slowly waiting for all the eggs to die
3) I'm focusing on finishing Turism & Travel management major (I'm paying for my courses)
5) But even though I'm different and like stated will never bear a child, I want to get married one day (I just want a husband, not add someone else in the picture)

Or will many men still look for the woman with some household characteristics as well as one with nurturing urges towards kids?

Thing is I'm very different and it's probably gonna take me a while to find him. It's like they still want a woman that's kinda traditional in some roles. I don't fit them. I think that's why my ex bf never saw me as potential wife and so strung me along.
no. they don't want these women that are housewives types they are too old fashioned and boring for them. that's why they chase the hot party girls. more sleazier more attention they get. the women sitting around baking or knitting get passed over for almost every other kind.

they probably want the kids though just 'carry on their name' or whatever.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:56 PM

406 posts, read 771,051 times
I thought one became 'wife material' when a man finds that he cannot live without you .... I didn't know there was a checklist.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:58 PM

Thing is I'm not much of a party woman either. Well yes I admit to once in a while being invited to parties and that's when I drink a lot to the point I'm totally hammered but I would get bored going to parties every day.

Sometimes I need time to actually read an interesting article or breath some fresh air (ex: going to the park or take a walk).

Old 03-12-2012, 12:00 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
you would probably make a fine wife.
most men do not make rational decisions about marriage. its an emotional decision having to do with influence. the church, the family, the GF. he wants to do the right thing.
u may be a perfect mate. that is not what makes him get married. i would like to think love is a factor but for sure, stupid is what makes him get married w/o a prenup.
67% real divorce rate, 42 million since 1975 (no fault) 70% filed by women. wake up son.
carmen jovet says it like no other, "mothers coach your son to get a prenup, dont let him get taken to the cleaners".
divorce is the biggest law suit he will ever face, avoid it by marriage/divorce planning.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterclinger View Post
I thought one became 'wife material' when a man finds that he cannot live without you .... I didn't know there was a checklist.
My ex bf would tell me the same thing: how I'm the love of his life and he can't live without me, that he wants to marry me, etc but in the end he still refer me to his friends as only gf. Why???

I have an idea of how some men with double standards regarding a woman's past differentiates the easy girls from the relationship-material women (even though they are hypocrites because they did a lot in their youth, yuck) but how does a woman gets past from gf to wife status???

I don't want to spend dating too long for years.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:06 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,230 times
Quote:

Things I do/don't do and qualities I might have or don't have
6) I hardly ever dye my nails nor put make-up on (sometimes I wear the same clothes)
7) I'm sort of a bookish person and sometimes lack a sense of humor
8) Regarding my past: only an ex and that's about it but I think it's because I need to go out often

People in my family are getting married one by one and sometimes it makes me kinda upset that I still haven't found him.... the one that will accept me like this.
When they look like Giada De Laurentiis and can cook like her...that's when we tie her up with duct tape and take her back to the cave.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
most men do not make rational decisions about marriage. its an emotional decision having to do with influence. the church, the family, the GF.
u may be a perfect mate. that is not what makes him get married. i would like to think love is a factor but for sure, stupid is what makes him get married w/o a prenup.
I'm really an atheist so if I ever get married it would be through the government.
I don't plan on stealing his money when I'm currently working (that's how I'm paying for my major) and by the time I obtain my degree I'll earn as much as him. It's terrible we're distrusted and some think we're after the money. I don't need his money when I can make it on my own. I just want a life-time partner I can travel with, be there everyday for him and help him with the bills, etc... but not just a bf...

Old 03-12-2012, 12:07 AM

406 posts, read 771,051 times
Quote:
My ex bf would tell me the same thing: how I'm the love of his life and he can't live without me, that he wants to marry me, etc but in the end he still refer me to his friends as only gf. Why???

I have an idea of how some men with double standards regarding a woman's past differentiates the easy girls from the relationship-material women (even though they are hypocrites because they did a lot in their youth, yuck) but how does a woman gets past from gf to wife status???

I don't want to spend dating too long for years.
one is a girlfriend when one is dating and/or in a serious relationship; one becomes a wife when one is married.
I suppose one becomes 'wife status' when a man proposes.

pretty much any woman can become wife material once she meets the right man. not all men are looking for the same thing in a wife.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:14 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,230 times
Quote:
I'm really an atheist so if I ever get married it would be through the government.
I don't plan on stealing his money when I'm currently working (that's how I'm paying for my major) and by the time I obtain my degree I'll earn as much as him. It's terrible we're distrusted and some think we're after the money. I don't need his money when I can make it on my own. I just want a life-time partner I can travel with, be there everyday for him and help him with the bills, etc... but not just a bf...
Honestly, when we're SURE of that^^^...it sure does speed up the process. Don't run around on us and don't USE us. Your foot is getting further into the door!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships