Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 01:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
You keep mentioning the word "coward" since you came in here to see what I posted. That didn't just come out all of a sudden until you came here to stir sh*t up. Redvelvet and I were not fighting like you are. I am flattered that you follow me around but relax.
Again with the drama! No need for the drama - just say you don't agree with me and move on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 01:27 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Again with the drama! No need for the drama - just say you don't agree with me and move on!
If you are following me around threads and stirring stuff up, who's the one bringing the drama? Velvet and I were fine until you came here. So take your drama somewhere. You're the one quoting me and all. I am flattered for your interest in me but you can do it a bit more peacefully.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:11 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,427,612 times
Quote:
Professor Steare told the Daily Mail: “Women prefer to make their decisions based on how it impacts others – which tends to produce better decisions – while men have a more individual approach and are more self-interested.
‘What this shows is that when it comes to work men have to grow up, put their ego to one side and show some humility and compassion – qualities they all too often have in their personal lives but put to one side when they walk into the office.”
What this says to me is not that women are more moral. They just have different standards of morality. They don't have the same approach to morality as men. Maybe they are more considerate of others in decision making but it goes both ways. They are smarter at using emotional manipulation and trickery because of their knowledge of others feelings. I don't think either sex is necessarily more moral because they have drastically different approaches to life and problem solving, it isn't that easy to compare the two.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:27 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Two reasonable explanations:

1) Men are just more honest. Women tend to be delusional when it comes to such things. They all like to talk sugar and spice but the fact is, are ruthless at getting what they want from men, family, employers and other people who they know. A man would quickly be arrested or ostracized by society for doing things that are merely considered normal for women.

2) Women's experiences (and after all, what is the MSM's constant blather about such things and the women's studies types research concoctions about the slightest indication that men are at fault for something) are with a thin slice of men who are ruthless - because women crave them and therefore they can be. Such men must have a lower morality because to do otherwise would result in them being constantly accosted by eager women who don't interest them in the slightest.

Most other men I would trust much more than women, since women are, for the most part, are only out for themselves. This is not some moral failing. It's hard wired into their psyche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The study, which measured responses to questions about honesty and competency, showed females are more likely to make decisions based on how they impact on others.

It also suggest the moral compass of both men and women alters with age, become less obedient but more able to use reason, until they reach a "peak of our intellectual and moral powers" in early 60s, according to a leading philosopher.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:45 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Two reasonable explanations:

1) Men are just more honest. Women tend to be delusional when it comes to such things. They all like to talk sugar and spice but the fact is, are ruthless at getting what they want from men, family, employers and other people who they know. A man would quickly be arrested or ostracized by society for doing things that are merely considered normal for women.

Au contraire mon ami,

The law applies to men and women. Society doesn't accept... and no one gets away with ruthlessness for long, unless they're an adept sociopath, and eventually they get caught too.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:58 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
In other news women are more spiritual and religious than men!

Old 04-19-2012, 03:06 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
In other news women are more spiritual and religious than men!
I wonder about this too. Small example: horoscopes, hand reading, tarot cards, etc. I am pretty sure the vast majority of clients are women. Go to the last pages of any women magazine (Cosmopolitan, Vogue, Glamour, etc.) and you’ll see what I am talking about. Go to the last pages of men’s magazines (GQ, ESPN, Maxim, etc.) and I don’t think you’ll see any. Seems to be something that interests women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships