Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 07:17 PM

102 posts, read 296,996 times

Advertisements

I went to place that had wifi and there was a guy that sat really close to me even though there was tons of other places to sit and no one around. I thought he was cute but I didn't have the courage to talk to him because he had head phones on. When I have earphones in or on the computer I don't want anyone to bother me. So how would I approach someone in this situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 07:21 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltaway View Post
I went to place that had wifi and there was a guy that sat really close to me even though there was tons of other places to sit and no one around. I thought he was cute but I didn't have the courage to talk to him because he had head phones on. When I have earphones in or on the computer I don't want anyone to bother me. So how would I approach someone in this situation?
Convential wisdom: you don't (nothing personal, I hate people sneaking up on me period). If you decide to approach, walk in front of target and be subtle.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Well, I have unplugged coworkers, but I'm yet to try it on strangers.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:06 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,677 times
I'd love it if a cute girl pulled my headphone out and said hi. That's never happened but that would be very cute. Most guys won't be grumpy unless they think you're ugly or are gay. I wouldn't do that to a girl though, girls get scared when random guys touch them even if they're good looking.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:37 PM

733 posts, read 1,664,381 times
I usually don't bother people wearing headphones, unless it's a real emergency, then I tap on their shoulder to get their attention.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:42 PM

77 posts, read 149,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I'd love it if a cute girl pulled my headphone out and said hi. That's never happened but that would be very cute. Most guys won't be grumpy unless they think you're ugly or are gay. I wouldn't do that to a girl though, girls get scared when random guys touch them even if they're good looking.
This seems pretty spot on to me.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:57 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
People at my school wear headphones all the time cause we use sign language to communicate (deaf and hearing alike). Even off-campus, if someone is listening to music, I will just sign instead of voicing to them. If someone is on the computer, I'll only interrupt them if it's something important.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:59 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
That would feel like an invasion of personal space from someone I didn't know well. I don't know about other people, though, but I can usually still hear other people even with music in my ears. All you would have to do is just start talking and I'd pop out my earphones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships