Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 09:21 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,962,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doss1 View Post
Jackie,
Oh, where is the thread with the pic?

To be honest, I would not care if an attractive woman stayed home alone all day or whatever. As a matter of fact, I can only imagine what people think of me living alone in a house in the middle of a neighborhood full of nothing but families and children. I'm so far from a college or place where people my age hang out. By the time I get home from work I don't feel like being social because: 1.) I dont' want to be stuck in traffic again 2.) I'm too hungry 3.) I like to run on the treadmill and watch PBS 4.) And it's too damn hot in the summertime to go out 5.) Did I mention I am starving when I get home? 6.) I go to bed super early

Hey actually, we may have some things in common. Send the pic.
Why does the pic matter? I'm not interested in meeting someone; I want to be left alone... Why would I send a pic; this is not a dating service. What would you need to see it for? It's not relevant; I'm not interested in whether you think I am attractive or not...

It doesn't matter if we have something in common; I am not interested in getting to know anyone.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
I can't really be bothered either-I talked to a few neighbors when the kids were little- now I wouldn't be able to pick any of them out of a police lineup. Do you have family in town- they don't come over either? I think the TV show "Hoarders" has put a bad light on loners-they always say people haven't been in their houses for years. I'm assuming that isn't your situation.......
I'm not a hoarder. I'm not close to my family... I am not into family social gatherings or functions. I don't talk to much of my family and no; they don't come over nor do I visit them.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,495,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post

I guess I don't care as much as to what my neighbors think; more about the attitude of those people on the forums...
I recommend that you not worry about what anonymous people on the internet think about you and their corresponding attitude towards you. It's the internet!

[it's like paying chess with your computer - win, lose, it's all the same]

Old 04-23-2012, 09:28 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,397,853 times
Quote:
Is it really that unusual for someone to be a hermit and have no guests/family come over that neighbors will think you are up to no good?
No, there's nothing wrong with this. My husband and I prefer our own company and almost never have people over to our house. And do you really care what your neighbors think? I haven't exchanged more than 100 words with my neighbors in 10 years and haven't missed anything. Really-- for your own emotional well being, forget what your neighbors think, do or say. I'll guarantee you it's nothing much.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:31 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,397,853 times
Quote:
I think that my neighbors should be happy to have a neighbor who is quiet like a mouse like me. Is it that shocking to not have any friends that people think you are doing something illegal? I find that insulting and a reflection of how society judges people who are loners..
Jackie, +10 for you! *********r neighbors. I'm a physical fitness fanatic (like you) and also a loner (like you) and my neighbors are all fat and uneducated busybodies. To hell with them!

Old 04-23-2012, 09:37 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,130,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I recommend that you not worry about what anonymous people on the internet think about you and their corresponding attitude towards you. It's the internet!
Yes. But it's too bad the internet is like this. Approach with caution.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:39 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,203,390 times
Jackie, for someone that wants to be a loner.....you sure do spend a lot of time on the forums. Why?

A real "loner" doesn't want the contact with others that you seem to thrive on. It's really amazing!!!

Old 04-23-2012, 09:42 PM

688 posts, read 898,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I guess I don't care as much as to what my neighbors think; more about the attitude of those people on the forums...
That's the internet for you. People say some stupid s**t on internet forums.

But being so anti-social, why do you care about it anyway? lol

Old 04-23-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Jackie, for someone that wants to be a loner.....you sure do spend a lot of time on the forums. Why?

A real "loner" doesn't want the contact with others that you seem to thrive on. It's really amazing!!!
Because I love to argue and debate on the internet. True hermits spend all their time on the internet because it's not "real people"..... There is a huge difference between interacting with people in real life versus online. I'm not here to make friends.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:47 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,243,016 times
You're still interacting with people. The internet is just another medium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships