Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:22 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,348,506 times

Advertisements

When you start a new relationship and eventually get to know that person well enough to move in together. How long after you've reached the "comfort zone". And by that I mean when you feel comfortable to let out a fart without embarrassment.
It took me almost 3 years after my ex and I moved in together to let it rip in front of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,367,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
When you start a new relationship and eventually get to know that person well enough to move in together. How long after you've reached the "comfort zone". And by that I mean when you feel comfortable to let out a fart without embarrassment.
It took me almost 3 years after my ex and I moved in together to let it rip in front of her.
Disbarring the fact that I don't believe in living together, I am 3 months in to a new relationship and not yet super comfy. We are likely to marry by the end of the year, but the things that are comfortable for us are the little things like walking around naked, seeing each other pee. Those things are ok because I am not shy or reserved in that manner. It's the bigger issues that take longer to have an open dialogue about.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:34 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,310,164 times
I'm usually like that from the onset. It's just a by product off not really giving that much of a ....

I don't allow chicks to move in or nest at my spot, and that makes things more than comfortable for me.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:35 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,414,970 times
ha, I was with my ex for 3 and a half years on and off and I never got comfortable enough to fart or pee in front of him. Some things should just remain a mystery. Maybe the farting thing would be comfortable after like 5 years, lol. and I would never move in with a guy before he puts a ring on it.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:39 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,787,345 times
I think its problematic if you dont feel comfortable enough around your partner to do simple things like burping or farting..Seriously?! How can you expect to live with someone and not have these incidents occur?

My husband and I moved in together after a year of dating and basically burping/farting were of no consequence. I dont know why anyone would feel so self concious about such natural body functions - its like women who get out of bed every day at 6 am to put in makeup and do their hair so their partner wakes up and finds them looking "perfect" in bed...Come on!!! I can understand not doing those type of ugly activities on a first date or maybe after a few dates or weeks of meeting someone (because of that whole "first impressions count" mantra) - but if you're dating someone and expect to marry them or live with them at some point, you should get used to the fact that burping and farting are just facts of life!!!

Old 04-24-2012, 11:46 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,414,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
I think its problematic if you dont feel comfortable enough around your partner to do simple things like burping or farting..Seriously?! How can you expect to live with someone and not have these incidents occur?

My husband and I moved in together after a year of dating and basically burping/farting were of no consequence. I dont know why anyone would feel so self concious about such natural body functions - its like women who get out of bed every day at 6 am to put in makeup and do their hair so their partner wakes up and finds them looking "perfect" in bed...Come on!!! I can understand not doing those type of ugly activities on a first date or maybe after a few dates or weeks of meeting someone (because of that whole "first impressions count" mantra) - but if you're dating someone and expect to marry them or live with them at some point, you should get used to the fact that burping and farting are just facts of life!!!
haha! I see what you're saying. I don't care what I look like the morning after spending the night with a guy. I most likely look like I had hot sex anyways . the farting thing..eh...like I said, I won't be living with a guy before marriage so that'll never happen in a relationship. and my bathroom business shall remain a mystery for all of time!

Old 04-24-2012, 11:56 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,467,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Ya know...

I think you gotta let it rip immediately, don't pretend not to have gas. Just get it out of the way early on.

All organic things pass gas.

Don't be silly.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:00 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,031,325 times
I think my wife let one out around the second or third date.

News flash, everyone passes gas. It's not a big deal.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:30 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,858,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I think my wife let one out around the second or third date.

News flash, everyone passes gas. It's not a big deal.
I've never made a big deal about farting in a committed relationship.

When I was 16, my now-husband (who I dated in high school, then broke up with, then back together years later) and I were just dating. We had only kissed and made out a few times, nothing involving removal of clothing.

We were wrestling around and playing around on his living room floor, and, he squeezed me a certain way and *pppffffffffffffffffffffft* the loudest, nastiest fart you could imagine slipped out of me.

I didn't say a word, then all of a sudden he laughed said "well, I guess that means I can fart now too!"

He outdid me and proceeded to cut one.

It was gross, but, we were 16, so we found it funny. And, it "broke the ice" (or should I say, "broke the wind") and although we didn't sit around having farting contests, we at least knew that if it happened it wasn't a big deal. I was so relieved that he not only wasn't grossed out, but found it funny, that ever since then, I had the attitude with guys that if they can't handle the fact that I fart, belch, and poop, they're too uptight for me.

Its not a lack of class thing - obviously I don't do it in public or in mixed company, but if its just the two of us, well, it happens!

Old 04-24-2012, 01:32 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,858,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post

That never made sense to me. In fact, some of the best sex I've had was with a makeupless, tired, bleary-eyed, dark-circled face, morning breath, messed up hair, etc.

If he wants me so badly that he HAS to have me even at that time, then I know he's a keeper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships