Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would a girl being funny be a large factor in you liking her?
Yes 38 79.17%
No 10 20.83%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2012, 11:04 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times

Advertisements

Yes. Definitely a factor.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 11:06 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by useasdirected View Post
You know, that can be interpreted in many ways.
Exactly.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:02 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
a good sense of humor but not 'pretty enough' is going to earn you a lot of guy friends and nothing else. They'll call you about the problems with their gfs.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:08 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
a good sense of humor but not 'pretty enough' is going to earn you a lot of guy friends and nothing else. They'll call you about the problems with their gfs.
'Not pretty enough' varies from person to person.

I don't think hideous looking funny men have it all that much better, to tell the truth. Maybe plain, somewhat ugly ones.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:27 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
'Not pretty enough' varies from person to person.

I don't think hideous looking funny men have it all that much better, to tell the truth. Maybe plain, somewhat ugly ones.

that might be true about hideous funny guys. I don't know what you mean by 'plain, somewhat ugly ones' -- who? guys?...I didn't say hideous girls, but ones that aren't pretty enough. I don't think hideous either sex is going to get any attention. That's just how the world works. But I'm telling you a girl (or guy) that doesn't fall within the boundaries of pretty enough to date, will be good for a laugh from the opposite sex and nothing (unless they want to use them for a FWB or whatever situation).

Old 05-10-2012, 01:03 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
A girl that is average can be very applealing if she can tickle my Funnybone

Old 05-10-2012, 01:15 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
Has to be physically attractive. And I am not even shallow about it because to me attractive doesn't have to mean Megan Fox or bust, but really just not chubby. Yet, if she's tall I would let chubby pass.

Point is, there has to be some above average physical attraction too. Sense of humor is great but everyone has it. Even pretty "dullard" girls laugh.
I disagree with the bolded part. Many people think they have a sense of humor, but I've noticed over the years, that many people DO NOT!! Yes, a dullard can still laugh but that doesn't equate to much in my book.

I think HUMOR is very important in my life...my husband and I find humor in so many things. We laugh frequently...observations, ironies, play on words, situations that aren't funny but need air...I find I can't wait to talk to him each night when I get home b/c so many people don't "get" me or my humor, but he does and I enjoy that so much.

There's a very pretty woman I work with and she seems very sweet and capable. However, when I make a comment about something she may have brought up (work situation), she's like a door knob. So no, not all people have a sense of humor (or my kind of humor but I'm pretty lenient in that regard).

Anyway, not like my opinion matters too much, but I think when you're looking for someone to spend your time with (long term or otherwise), being able to laugh about life and all that it brings is one of the most important things you can look for.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:17 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not talking about someone who was physically very unappealing...but someone you might not otherwise notice too much, maybe average, a bit chubby, plain...who had a great sense of humour: i.e. could both joke AND appreciate GOOD jokes (not just laugh at your unfunny ones).

I could see myself liking a fairly plain gal who was really funny/fun to be around. If her bod was decent, that could turn me on, but in terms of the emotional component it could definitely make me like her a lot.
yes, definitely.

if she's downright ugly, her sense of humor won't matter.. but it can make an average girl more appealing than a "hot" one.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:09 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,528 times
an average or attractive girl that has a sense of humor and laughs at my jokes and is also somewhat funny is a winner... cant stand a girl that has no sense of humor

Old 05-10-2012, 02:30 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
More often, a woman's lack of (shared) sense of humor (with me) or in rare cases complete lack of humor is a turnoff for me.

I can't recall too many women that I have found bowl-over hilarious. Women aren't programmed the same as men to be a rolling ball of never ending one-liners. I also have a pretty idiotic anti-social sense of humor that most women don't share.

Plus, I find that people who are 'always on' and 'hilariously funny' often have to resort to making fun of others to pull it off and that's not too appealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships