Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 04:14 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
I work a lot and play baseball almost all day on Sundays. I need my downtime or I'll fall apart. Everyone has some time out of their day where they're left to their thoughts. I just need to keep working to condition myself NOT to think about dating again.
CDubs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 04:34 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
I met my sweetie online. OMG I wonder if he had to lower his standards to be with me, one of the wretched women involved with online dating.

I'll ask him tonight..

Old 05-12-2012, 05:04 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,507 times
Hmmm, I wonder if the man my friend is engaged to thinks he had to lower his standards wonder if he thinks she's nothing but a gold-digging beyotch.

Well, she makes more money than he does, he IS marrying her, she is slender and attractive, and thankfully he didn't have such a pessimistic view of online dating or he never would have met her.

If you're having problems with online dating, maybe you should take a look in the mirror and figure out why. I know at least a dozen married couples who met online. Each of those couples contain one man who had great success with online dating.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:15 PM

109 posts, read 160,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Hmmm, beyotch.
onliest trouble bein, the women, due to some unknown phenomenon, oftentimes appear several orders larger in real-life, as they do in their pictures on their online-dating ads

Old 05-12-2012, 05:21 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_1974 View Post
onliest trouble bein, the women, due to some unknown phenomenon, oftentimes appear several orders larger in real-life, as they do in their pictures on their online-dating ads
quoted for truth, though I've never personally tried online dating.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:23 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am right there....I succumbed to Chemistry free weekend...did not meet anyone..looked at the e mails. Debated joining. Decided to spend my money on some personal training for the summer instead. I am going to the gym 6 days a week, riding my bike to work. I don't have the time. I might go to the bar Friday....maybe join a church...
All of these sound way better than making yourself available online. Meeting real people in real life instead of resorting to the desperation of searching online for the "one".

Old 05-12-2012, 05:37 PM

109 posts, read 160,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
All of these sound way better than making yourself available online. Meeting real people in real life instead of resorting to the desperation of searching online for the "one".
i guess it depends on how you approach it - i really just use it as a playground, it can be fun, so long as not taken too seriously.

but yeah, the ones thatre there desperately seeking 'the one' are a bit sad

Old 05-12-2012, 05:46 PM

943 posts, read 1,845,367 times
most of the ads have out dated photos, and most of what they CLAIM about themselves is false..its a tease you see this great photo read this great profile and when you meet up they dont look like or act like they represented ......... waste of time and membership

Old 05-13-2012, 01:43 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
Yes but online dating is bad. The women are poor quality and disrespectful, I hate the games people play on it, and as a man it causes me to lower my standards just to get a response or a date.

I should have pointed out I'm a man. Online dating works very very well for women....not me.

P.S. I almost never take pictures and I don't have good pictures at all which makes my online dating value very low.
“Poor Quality” and “Disrespectful” ? I have stated this over and over again, generalizing is always a bad idea and makes one sound petty and ignorant.
Truth states that there are SOME women who my seem to be of poor quality to “You” But I refuse to believe that ALL women on these sites are of poor quality. This goes for both sexes, one cannot guarantee that they are going to be contacted by 100% good looking men or women, that have it together, do not have some real big issues and so forth.
I was on a dating site for a while myself and I do not consider myself of poor quality whatsoever.
Regarding disrespectful women? Again, some not all. I have male friends on a dating site and they tell me horror stories about being approached by “bbw’s” women whom state that they have average bodies when “a few extra pounds apply” Women whom have no jobs, have kids and no job but are full time students, they seem to think that they want a man of caliber to take care of them. They have stated to me that they send lewd messages to them and so forth. I believe them, they are good friends, on another note they have met one or two good women and stated while they were not long term material they were really nice, put together and beautiful women.
On the other hand, I have been on dating sites as I stated and I have had to block men and report men all the time. Some men are respectful and then there are the “others”
The ones that send messages like..”Whats your fave position” “You look like a good kind of trouble, let me guess C cups” to really nasty one liners “Want to fucc” “I want to fucc you” “I am a married man looking for some discreet NSA fun, you look like someone I wasn’t to know”
So really? Save it.
As far as “lowering your standards?” “What are those?” General knowledge states that you get what compliments you. By this I mean I my friends whom are online do not pay for this service (POF) THEY STATED that within 24 hours they had messages from women ranging from big girls to hotties but the hotties looked like they had a ton of makeup on and tons of plastic surgery and they have been there and done that.
They are very good looking and I am not stating this because they are good frieds, I am stating a truth.
Bad pics? Umm no, no one person takes all bad pics. I think there is something else to your story.
You seem convicted in the reasons of why you abhor online dating sites yet choose to use the guise of being bored and not wanting to waste a lazy afternoon creating a profile, lol.Lazy afternoons are made for dvd’s,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint It Pink View Post
Why do you need us to convince you when your last post did all of the talking itself?

If you're against it, then don't do it. But if you like it and want to, do it.

Jesus.
Agreed 100% I did not need to read further, since you were the voice of reason..

Old 05-13-2012, 01:54 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times
Weren't you so proud of yourself just recently because you managed to not hit on a girl??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships