Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you not care about looks if the other person rocks?
Yes, I don't care about looks at all if they are awesome 20 42.55%
Go f@ck off you weirdo freak 27 57.45%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 09:49 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,138,537 times

Advertisements

I care about attraction. I dated a guy who was average at best in the looks department, but oh boy...the chemistry was out of this world and the more I got to know him and the more I was around him the most attractive to me he became.

In general I think women care less about looks than men. I actually prefer an average looking guy. I stay away from those Abercrombie types. Too arrogant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 09:51 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,299,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Women are less concerned about looks. I've lurked on mostly male dominated forums and the amount of discussion about what chick is the most hot is talked about more often than anything else; the men are so sexist and offensive it's sickening. IRL it's the same thing with men. If I brought up an acquaintance from work or school the first thing a guy ask is "does she look good? is her azz big?" Men even treat women based on how attractive they think they are.

I happen to think that I am 'cute/average' and once I did lower my standards last year and gave an ugly guy a chance, a fat one at that, and he acted as if he was too good for me.
Perhaps her picked up on YOUR attitude?

OP, I don't think that it's wrong to not date someone who we find unattractive. I do think the problems begin when looks are the ONLY thing that we look for.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,764,379 times
I don't like the choices for the poll so I didn't pick either one, too limited....anyways, I have never met a woman nor a man that didn't care at all about someone else's looks. The only women I can imagine would feel this way are very desperate for a man in their lives, would do anything to have one, etc. Personally, I don't find it flattering when all the male care about is the woman looks and also don't find it flattering when they say "Oh, I don't care how the woman looks, I'll take anything." Neither is a compliment to her.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:19 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,132,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

OP, I don't think that it's wrong to not date someone who we find unattractive. I do think the problems begin when looks are the ONLY thing that we look for.
No, he was the one who had the attitude. He looked like Biggie Smalls. he laid some ground rules and told me not to ever ask him for anything, not for a ride or some money. I never implied that I needed anything from him. He just told me that out of nowhere. After that I never answered his phone calls and when I saw him, he said 'what's up?" and I acted as if he didn't even exist. I can't stand men who treat women like shyt

Old 05-24-2012, 10:53 AM

16,391 posts, read 31,019,770 times
Quote:
Women are less concerned about looks. I've lurked on mostly male dominated forums and the amount of discussion about what chick is the most hot is talked about more often than anything else; the men are so sexist and offensive it's sickening. IRL it's the same thing with men. If I brought up an acquaintance from work or school the first thing a guy ask is "does she look good? is her azz big?" Men even treat women based on how attractive they think they are.

I happen to think that I am 'cute/average' and once I did lower my standards last year and gave an ugly guy a chance, a fat one at that, and he acted as if he was too good for me.

1. Didn't lower your standards as much as you thought.
2. Maybe guys put a little more into other things than you think. -- Maybe it's your personality that guys are completely turned off by.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Well you either:

2. Maybe guys put a little more into other things than you think. -- Maybe it's your personality that guys are completely turned off by.
Maybe he was just an *******. I'm sick of people blaming women for men's ****ty behavior.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Maybe he was just an *******. I'm sick of people blaming women for men's ****ty behavior.

He probably was a jerk.

The thing is, you're sitting around here complaining about how men are so terrible, doing exactly what you hate. You are blaming men for women's sh*tty behavior. No one wants to date a debbie downer, I wouldn't care if you were a 10, the way you talk I wouldn't touch you (or any woman with that thought process) with a 10 foot pole.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
He probably was a jerk.

The thing is, you're sitting around here complaining about how men are so terrible, doing exactly what you hate. You are blaming men for women's sh*tty behavior. No one wants to date a debbie downer, I wouldn't care if you were a 10, the way you talk I wouldn't touch you (or any woman with that thought process) with a 10 foot pole.
I'm sorry if you can't accept how shallow your gender is.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry if you can't accept how shallow your gender is.
If it helps you sleep at night thinking that way, so be it.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:08 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,645,710 times
Quote:
He probably was a jerk.

Where did the poster blaming guys for gal's sh*tty behavior?

From my recollection she stated gals care less about looks and talked about how she did something she thinks most guys wouldn't, date someone she saw as less attractive, the result being he treated her like sh*t.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
For somebody who complains constantly about men not wanted you for looks, you are the biggest hypocrite.
Quote:
How does that make me a hypocrite? I was willing to go out with someone that I don't find physically attractive and see if my feelings would grow. I was willing to look deeper than the physical. Something most men don't always do. But he was such an ahole that I wasn't able to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

Quote:
No, he was the one who had the attitude. He looked like Biggie Smalls. he laid some ground rules and told me not to ever ask him for anything, not for a ride or some money. I never implied that I needed anything from him. He just told me that out of nowhere. After that I never answered his phone calls and when I saw him, he said 'what's up?" and I acted as if he didn't even exist. I can't stand men who treat women like shyt
Quote:
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships