Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 01:59 PM

62 posts, read 65,930 times

Advertisements

I'm in my early 20s, average looks, average height and weight.

I love going out at night with friends. We went out yesterday and a female friend of mine brought one of her friends with her. She wouldn't stop looking at me and paying me attention throughout dinner and later in the club. Whenever I went to the bar to pick up a drink, she would go too to have a chat.

This is very uncomfortable to me because I don't know what to say or to do. First of all, because I don't know if they're paying me special attention or just being nice. Secondly, I don't want to be rude.

What's a good way to ignore the (presumed) attention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 02:04 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
If you are not interested in her you need to express that to her.

"Listen, it's nice to meet you and all but I really have no interest in anything more than a friendship."

Old 11-17-2013, 02:09 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
O.O

And I thought I was bad at this sort of thing. Dude, if she's giving you attention consistently she probably does like you. The question is do you like her? Are you ignoring it purely because it makes you uncomfortable or is it because of another reason?

Old 11-17-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
If you are not interested in her you need to express that to her.

"Listen, it's nice to meet you and all but I really have no interest in anything more than a friendship."
The trouble with that is you can never know for sure if she's just being nice or very extroverted person. There's a huge risk of coming across as a laughing stock.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
O.O

And I thought I was bad at this sort of thing. Dude, if she's giving you attention consistently she probably does like you. The question is do you like her? Are you ignoring it purely because it makes you uncomfortable or is it because of another reason?
Because it makes me very, very uncomfortable. No, I don't like her (if you mean that particular girl because this has happened in other occasions...I think).

Old 11-17-2013, 02:48 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JammBoy View Post
Because it makes me very, very uncomfortable. No, I don't like her (if you mean that particular girl because this has happened in other occasions...I think).
Welcome to something called real life. You obviously aren't use to having women show interest in you. Otherwise you wouldn't feel uncomfortable. Guys that get regular attention from women don't worry like you do.

If you are not interested in the particular female....then just ignore her. It is not up to you to figure out why a particular female wants to talk to you. If she likes you so what. Go about your business. If it gets to the point of stalkerish behavior...then just let her know that you are not interested and would like some space.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:53 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
The trouble with that is you can never know for sure if she's just being nice or very extroverted person. There's a huge risk of coming across as a laughing stock.
You talk to her politely, but reservedly, so as not to send the wrong signals. After the event you can ask your friend, the one who brought her along, what gives. If you're not interested in her, tell your friend so.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:03 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,737,640 times
I'm sure there are many a male poster on this forum who would love to have your problem. Speaking of which, whatever happened to midget dude? (aka the short doctor)

Old 11-17-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
I'm sure there are many a male poster on this forum who would love to have your problem.
I know but I'm not available.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:23 PM

99 posts, read 215,942 times
Quote:
I know but I'm not available.
Mention your girlfriend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships