Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 01:48 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,475,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
They closetly wish they had a penis to eff with. My best guess anyway
I'm a butch lesbian and I...don't wish I had a penis to eff with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 01:48 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,744,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I know. I was just adding onto what she said--not disagreeing.

Oh okay, got it.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:51 PM

31,101 posts, read 22,143,475 times
Quote:
Okay, seriously, people need to make up their minds.

And it’s pretty laughable that “stuff like” your opinion that all gay people are ubiquitously annoying people are “proof” that we choose to be gay.
Quote:
I'm a butch lesbian and I...don't wish I had a penis to eff with.
Why would that be a stretch? I believe you have stated you have been with Men, Women, Transgenders and you have settled on being a Butch Lesbian. When asked why many of us don't get it, its not a far stretch as to why?

Old 07-03-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Why would that be a stretch? I believe you have stated you have been with Men, Women, Transgenders and you have settled on being a Butch Lesbian. When asked why many of us don't get it, its not a far stretch as to why?
What I don't get is how the same people who make SUCH a big deal about the men's vs. women's restroom and trans people not being "real" men or women, etc., because they don't have "the right genitalia", can dismiss something like why a lesbian might want to date a butch woman (someone who has a vagina) and not just date a man (someone who has a penis). Is whether someone has a penis or a vagina important to you or not?

I've never been with men (can't recall when I ever said that), and I tried dating one trans person and expressed in this thread that it didn't work for me. I think it's pretty clear that I am attracted to...biological women.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well now I am confused, LOL. I am bisexual Julia and I think you're right it is a common misconception. It's also something I think a lot of people ask.

Also, I agree with you that some of people don't fit into the 'standard' relationship roles. Just like that one poster said "if they want masculinity why don't they just get a man?" It seem like some people are misunderstanding b/c they're trying to put others into the heterosexual categories.

You can't put us into heterosexual categories because we're...not heterosexual!

(I am agreeing with you and just adding on.)

Old 07-03-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
What I don't get is how the same people who make SUCH a big deal about the men's vs. women's restroom and trans people not being "real" men or women, etc., because they don't have "the right genitalia", can dismiss something like why a lesbian might want to date a butch woman (someone who has a vagina) and not just date a man (someone who has a penis). Is whether someone has a penis or a vagina important to you or not?

I've never been with men (can't recall when I ever said that), and I tried dating one trans person and expressed in this thread that it didn't work for me. I think it's pretty clear that I am attracted to...biological women.
Touche' drew a wrong conclusion from just a few things you said in this and other posts. That combined with women I know flipping back and forth: Married one year, self declared Lesbian the next, then showing up with a man at a wedding a couple of years later. Admit your Bi or Tri already

Old 07-03-2012, 09:06 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,125,990 times
Quote:

I have a friend who is trans who used to co-post a slot on a LGBT radio program who talked about this issue one time. The other host, a fTm trans, was in Dubai, and landed in a bit of hot water when she tried to use the female restroom and apparently some of the women in their objected, and she was taken in for questioning.etc. Awkward but also scary in a country like the UAE. Yes, there are a lot of people out there who are still hung about this.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:08 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,125,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Touche' drew a wrong conclusion from just a few things you said in this and other posts. That combined with women I know flipping back and forth: Married one year, self declared Lesbian the next, then showing up with a man at a wedding a couple of years later. Admit your Bi or Tri already
I generally believe that homosexuality is not a choice, but I also believe that for some people it most definitely is, or damn well seems to be a choice.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I generally believe that homosexuality is not a choice, but I also believe that for some people it most definitely is, or damn well seems to be a choice.
I believe the same thing if you are truly Homosexual.

What I see more oftern these days is mostly women who were in love with a man in a good relationship with a normal sex life, then at the end of the relationship or soon after declaring that she fell in love with a woman and is now a Lesbian. The woman is obviously Bi in my opinion. Ann Heche is probably the best celebrity example of a Flipper that I can think of. Do the Flippers really believe they are Gay at that time they are seeing someone of the same sex and think they are Hetero when they are engaged with the opposite sex? Are they just confused or in Love and blinded? Are they just dead even between Gay and Straight on the Kinsey scale and change their sexual identification depending on their mood at the time? I don't think there is anything wrong with this other then the confusion it causes.

I did think this was a mostly women issue but I do remember a guy a few years ago that fit the same description, waffling back and forth not being comfortable identiying himself as Straight, Gay or Bisexual. In reality it really doesn't matter as it was his own life. To the rest of us it is rather confusing.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 07-03-2012 at 12:40 PM..

Old 07-03-2012, 03:45 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,180,130 times
I think basically women, straight bi and gay, aren't nearly as fixated on genitalia as men are. They're turned on by personality factors like confidence and success if they fall for a male, or for a bull dyke (or they are attracted to sweetness if they want a femme partner). So penises and nude appearance aren't very important (although clothing style seems to impress women). A straight woman can be seduced by a woman who has male behaviors and a confident personality.

On the other hand, men really do focus on genitals and the amount of skin showing, and so maybe have a little less vulnerability to being seduced by gay men (unless of course no women are present, as in prisons). Also I notice there's just something about the smell and hairiness of a man that's sexually a turnoff to me. I think if I were ever to experiment with homosexuality (thank god less likely with every passing year), it would have to be with a smaller, fully shaved man with nice legs who smells like a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships