Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 01:18 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times

Advertisements

I am always afraid of these types of statements..
Being nice is never a reason for a woman to want you.
Being average is never a reason for a woman to want you
Being uber hot is never a reason for a woman to want you
A man who states he has no issues? Is scary.
A man that states he treats women like queens usually does not really know what this means.

We categorize, compartmentalize ourselves in one group in order to classify and separate ourselves from the rest and then turn around and generalize the opposite sex?
wth?
What we are may fit loosely into a category but surely we are individuals, I mean do we not always say this when we state "Don't judge me, you do not know me"
And go on and on and try and make another understand that we are different and we do not have baggage for this and that reason? lol.
Truth is, we all are different and to generalize a whole based on ourselves is futile. Stating that we have realized that we are mediocre and a bonafide nice person yet turn around and state that the opposite sex does not realize how special "we are" is a farce, we do not represent a statistic, we are all individual, we may share certain characteristics yet we still remain INDIVIDUALS DUE TO PERSONAL EXPERIENCES.
Why cannot we accept that it wil always be different strokes for different folks and if WE are failing in the relationship dept, it is our doing and noone else's fault ( An entire gender.)
When something goes wrong in a relationship, most people will state all the wrong of their SO, I feel as many other MFT'S "Whats your part" even if it was just tolerating the maltreatment of your being.
We are in control of ourselves and ourselves alone...their is noone to blame, it is the choices we make, even though at the time we may not see it at some point it became evdent. The same goes with the laws of attraction. If you feel you are not getting what you want? It is up to you to stop blaming the other party and work on you, period.
You are the only one holding you back. I know for a fact everyone of us have seen couples that are not attractive yet they are together and happy without a thought of anything else.
My mother always stated "There is someone for everyone , the hard part is finding that person."
In the meanwhile? There is a thing that is called life that is going on and be a part of it and focus on you and what you do have to work with...geez

Old 07-06-2012, 08:59 AM

120 posts, read 211,777 times
This is not meant to offend but today it is clearly not enough to be a nice guy in order to be successful with women because you also need to have good looks (like a strong and beautiful body), a good career, a nice car and be popular or socially famous.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:14 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
This is not meant to offend but today it is clearly not enough to be a nice guy in order to be successful with women because you also need to have good looks (like a strong and beautiful body), a good career, a nice car and be popular or socially famous.
Oh for the love of...

As long as you're not a troll, have reasonable expectations with regard to your partner's looks, are gainfully employed or working at it, have your own transportation and are socially functional, you've got a chance with any of a number of great women.

However, if you cradle your "niceness" to yourself as your main selling point, you're SOL. As I've posted previously, being "nice" is the bare minimum of what is expected. It's not a virtue - it's common decency 101. If you can't push yourself beyond that, then no, you won't have any meaningful success.

I require a sense of common decency (being "nice," in other words), but also a secure and intelligent individual who has interests outside of things like video games and watching television. Someone who wants to be moving forward in life rather than caught in a rut - and that doesn't mean rising up the corporate ladder but personal growth.

If you're selling yourself as a nice guy and you don't make any effort to improve your life beyond that, I'm going to be bored.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:20 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,160 times
I'm not defending the nice guy statements and self-proclaimations....but I think they're not saying "you should want me because I'm a nice guy"

I think they're confused/upset/disappointed that women complain about guys that treat them poorly and claim they want a nice guy. The guy they complain to may be a friend or an acquaintance who is interested in them and then goes in to make their move only to be rejected. They see themselves as a nice person and instead of just accepting the rejection, they use the excuse "women lie, they don't want a nice guy, they'll complain about the bad boys and still date them, but not me, even though they said they're looking for a guy like me".

There's a million factors that go into determining what makes you romatically interested in someone, and nice is just one of them, not a free pass to get a date because you're a genuinely good person.

But the frustration of men comes from the fact that men and women are just plain different species that don't understand each other very well. Men take what people say at face value, and I've learned over time just not to take certain things women say to be meant literally. It can also change on a daily basis.

For men in this situation, it's similar to applying for a job, listening to the HR person say they're having a hard time filling the position because people are turning it down or they just don't work out after a couple months. She says the reason is, let's say, experience. The guy hears this and thinks "oh, they want a guy who has experience, I have 10 years experience, I must be what they're looking for. However, when they apply for the job they are turned down without even getting an interview.

No matter if you're a man or a woman, this repeated scenario would frustrate anyone.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:30 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Oh for the love of...

As long as you're not a troll, have reasonable expectations with regard to your partner's looks, are gainfully employed or working at it, have your own transportation and are socially functional, you've got a chance with any of a number of great women.

However, if you cradle your "niceness" to yourself as your main selling point, you're SOL. As I've posted previously, being "nice" is the bare minimum of what is expected. It's not a virtue - it's common decency 101. If you can't push yourself beyond that, then no, you won't have any meaningful success.

I require a sense of common decency (being "nice," in other words), but also a secure and intelligent individual who has interests outside of things like video games and watching television. Someone who wants to be moving forward in life rather than caught in a rut - and that doesn't mean rising up the corporate ladder but personal growth.

If you're selling yourself as a nice guy and you don't make any effort to improve your life beyond that, I'm going to be bored.
Sorry, don't buy it. Just yet another lie that is being propagated here.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:36 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

When I look around, I see people of all sizes, shapes, and socioeconomic situations with wives, partners, and such. The fittest, best looking, richest, and most famous of society do not own a monopoly on having relationships.

I would agree that those who are in better shape, better off, etc, will find it easier to attract those of the opposite sex, but lets not get too carried away.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:39 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
It's mostly a sense of entitlement, alot of men believe they deserve a certain type of woman. And it's not just because they're "nice" it's in some cases because they have a good Job, make a certain amount of money or graduated from college.

This is probably a stupid example(I think I got it from a cracked article)but there's a lot of truth to this.

In the media, movies, tv, and even video games when the guy does something no matter how insignificant it is they get the pretty girl in the end. A lot of guys see themselves in this same light.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:55 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
That's right. It has been said in different ocassions. A man needs those characteristics to do ok when it comes to women: money, own a nice transportation, look presentable, etc. And for women, as long as they look nice to the guy and she's nice to hang out with, she's good to go.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:56 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,199,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post

When I look around, I see people of all sizes, shapes, and socioeconomic situations with wives, partners, and such. The fittest, best looking, richest, and most famous of society do not own a monopoly on having relationships.
I would say this is a result of people mostly settling for something below what they would want or is a good match for them.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:24 PM

120 posts, read 211,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
The fittest, best looking, richest, and most famous of society do not own a monopoly on having relationships.
But contrary to what you may want to believe, they indeed do and I also have evidence to prove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships