Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 07:10 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Don't kiss them either, you don't want to get pregnant.
? I don't understand

Old 07-07-2012, 07:10 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
the black don't crack idea doesn't apply to every black person. I've seen some who look like they lived a hard life and they certainly could have afforded to take better are of themselves

i happen to think the darker skinned black people age better than the lighter tones. they have less melanin
Hence the reason I pointed out those who don't take good care of themselves. I can't think of any middle class Black women (of any complection) who look old for their age; only poor Black women.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:11 AM

810 posts, read 1,808,511 times
Quote:
Men don't care about a woman's intelligence. all they care about is looks.
Incorrect. Are there some men out there that don't care about intelligence or personality? Yes, but they tend to be in the minority. I, for one, am very turned on by intelligence.

Your presumptions about men are limiting you.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Hence the reason I pointed out those who don't take good care of themselves. I can't think of any middle class Black women who look old for their age; only poor Black women.

hence I said "I've seen some who look like they lived a hard life and they certainly could have afforded to take better are of themselves"

meaning they were not poor. you have to be lying if you think every single black person looks young for their age. true having melanin does cause you to age slower but it doesn't apply to every single black person.

besides most poor women regardless of race are not going to look as good as middle to upper class women because they can't afford all the skin treatments and other miscelleanous things to keep their appearance up

Old 07-07-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
Incorrect. Are there some men out there that don't care about intelligence or personality? Yes, but they tend to be in the minority. I, for one, am very turned on by intelligence.

Your presumptions about men are limiting you.
You are just one man

However, most men do not care about a woman's intelligence, all they care about is if she is pretty and if she makes him feel good. That's it. There are way too many men out there throwing their money away to strippers, and slutty women for me to believe otherwise

Old 07-07-2012, 07:22 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Well, I am certainly am jealous. It's not just the male attention but the social power and influence that comes along with being lightskinned. People on FB say she looks like Barbie, they are always defending her and telling her because she's pretty she is owed the moon and the stars. It just seems that lightskin women are giving so much more affirmation and encouragement. I never got told any of those things by my family yet they are telling her all this. I don't see what makes her so much more deserving of it than me
I know what you mean, life isn't always fair, but being bitter about it and jealous of your cousin won't help.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:27 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
Quote:
what happens when they age? do they become more humble and down to earth?

I ask this because i have a cousin who is what many guys in our social circle consider "hot" she's very light complected, wears tons of makeup and blonde weaves and dresses in skimpy outfits everywhere she goes. People affirm her beauty by telling her she looks like Barbie on FB. Very conceited. She is trying to use her looks to marry up like a doctor/lawyer. She brags about the attention she gets from men all the time.

I will admit I am jealous of her and I cannot stand her. I don't think she's really that pretty but she has a very light complexion and has a big butt which equals super hot to black guys. She enjoys clubbing cause she knows guys are going to hit on her. I really would like to see her get old and watch her looks fade. Maybe it will make her more tolerable

Lena Horne was a great beauty well into her old age. From all accounts she also had a great personality.

Personality either IS or ISN'T, regardless of looks. I've known some physical beauties to whom I wanted to say "Why don't you eat some makeup? That way you can be pretty on the inside, too." I've known some real physical KNOCKOUTS who were just as sweet as the day is long. I've known some women who were less attractive physically but real gems whose beauty shone thru, and a few unattractive women who became even more unattractive when they spoke.

Sorry, there is NO hard and fast rule, although --

In GENERAL women chill out some as they age, becoming more accepting of certain realities. They've been around long enough to catch on... at least most of them.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I know what you mean, life isn't always fair, but being bitter about it and jealous of your cousin won't help.
She aggravates me to no end. Maybe she'll develop diabetes and lose a leg in the future..ya never know.

The only way I can deal with this is to focus on my self and start bleaching my skin again. I know if I can get lightskin I'll have men falling all over themselves to be with me too

Quote:
Lena Horne was a great beauty well into her old age. From all accounts she also had a great personality.

Personality either IS or ISN'T, regardless of looks. I've known some physical beauties to whom I wanted to say "Why don't you eat some makeup? That way you can be pretty on the inside, too." I've known some real physical KNOCKOUTS who were just as sweet as the day is long. I've known some women who were less attractive physically but real gems whose beauty shone thru, and a few unattractive women who became even more unattractive when they spoke.

Sorry, there is NO hard and fast rule, although --

In GENERAL women chill out some as they age, becoming more accepting of certain realities. They've been around long enough to catch on... at least most of them.
I don't think Lena Horne is pretty at all. In old age, she just looked like an old white lady.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:30 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,231 times
Some really pretty women just age gracefully and become MILFs or age poorly and kind of deal with it. There is a big number that just can't handle aging. My aunt in her day looked like Raquel Welch and was used to men constantly throwing themselves at her. She landed a rich husband but they divorced a few years ago. She got that horrible collagen that gives women duck lips and hasn't aged too gracefully yet constantly flirts with younger guys and tries to be a cougar but it's not working. I think those types of women who never come to terms with being older are very immature.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:38 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
Quote:
I don't think Lena Horne is pretty at all. In old age, she just looked like an old white lady.

LOL -- millions of men disagree with you. Literally, millions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships