Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 02:15 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,023,785 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine has been "dating" this chick for several months. She told him last week that she would like to be celibate until she gets married. She wants to wait until she is married to have sex again. Now they have been sleeping with each other for months now. He told her that was cool and if she could respect his wishing of them going dutch in the future because he wanted to save his money for his future wife. She got mad….why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 02:17 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
A friend of mine has been "dating" this chick for several months. She told him last week that she would like to be celibate until she gets married. She wants to wait until she is married to have sex again. Now they have been sleeping with each other for months now. He told her that was cool and if she could respect his wishing of them going dutch in the future because he wanted to save his money for his future wife. She got mad….why is that?

Why do you care and how the hell should we know? That's between them. I suggest you mind your own business.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:18 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,484,101 times
Quote:
Probably because she thought he was being a smart ass--and I hope he was! Anyone who suddenly drops a celibate-until-marriage bomb after months of sleeping with someone is nuts. I hope he walked away, laughing.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
So, he only spends money on her in exchange for sex.
Interesting.

Regardless, it's none of your business and I think this is a made-up scenario based on the last thread you started re: engagement rings.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:22 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think this is a made-up scenario based on the last thread you started re: engagement rings.
I suspect the same.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Doesn't make sense. Now I am celibate and yes will abstain from sex until marriage but I tell men upfront when this comes up. Then they either lose interest or they are looking for marriage too.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:52 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,023,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Doesn't make sense. Now I am celibate and yes will abstain from sex until marriage but I tell men upfront when this comes up. Then they either lose interest or they are looking for marriage too.
Are you ok with him being celibate with his money until his married?

Old 12-22-2012, 04:44 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Regardless, it's none of your business and I think this is a made-up scenario based on the last thread you started re: engagement rings.
Ya think?

Old 12-22-2012, 04:45 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Are you ok with him being celibate with his money until his married?

You're going to get a lot of flack for comparing it to sex, but it's an interesting question

Old 12-22-2012, 04:52 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,385,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Probably because she thought he was being a smart ass--and I hope he was! Anyone who suddenly drops a celibate-until-marriage bomb after months of sleeping with someone is nuts. I hope he walked away, laughing.
It's understandable if she had a religious conversion. I have a friend who was living with someone when she became a born again Christian. She moved out shortly afterwards. They continued to date and got engaged and married within a year or so.

If she's doing it to tease him or force him to marry her, that's another story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships