Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 07:45 AM

63 posts, read 74,004 times

Advertisements

It's just not easy trying to determine which women actually like you or just like your money.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can casually find out if a person is genuine or a gold digger without raising any red flags?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:47 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,309,561 times
Let's be real here.

Most men concerned about "gold diggers" don't have any "gold" to speak of...

Old 07-21-2012, 07:56 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,020,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Let's be real here.

So true.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:58 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,557,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eartmoth View Post
It's just not easy trying to determine which women actually like you or just like your money.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can casually find out if a person is genuine or a gold digger without raising any red flags?
It's very hard, I would think.

My initial thoughts would be to try to make them believe you're don't have the money they think you do. Everything is on loan payments you struggle to afford.... and see if that doesn't ward them off.

Next, find out more about them. My best male friend is a gold digger and if women knew he's had 80 internet dates in the last 2 years it should tell them that aside from quick sex, he's probably looking for sugar mama. So find out as much as you can about them and see if they seem to be shopping themselves around for that guy with money.

What is their financial appetite? Do they look for the most expensive clothes or shoes. Are they only interested in the top notch restaurants and resorts... It shouldn't take long to see if they pine for a champagne lifestyle. Are their friends seeking, or landed, guys with money?

Lastly, acts are hard to maintain. Be diligent and see if it's really you or you & $$.

And if all else fails, think about them lovely pre nups.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:03 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,742,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Let's be real here.

For once I agree with you. They act like they have tons and tons of money on here like Donald Trump, doubt that. All of the wealthy men I've ever known don't obsess over gold diggers like this.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:19 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,436,997 times
You can just tell with being with them. Their words, actions, body language. Or they get defensive about it, like some women have already done in this thread.
Also they are typically high maintenance in many ways.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:21 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,742,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
You can just tell with being with them. Their words, actions, body language. Or they get defensive about it, like some women have already done in this thread.

LMAO, I don't beleive XXBabeechick nor myself have ever depended on a man's money to make it in life. If so we'd be broke and homeless. So wrong, again. What we both said is the truth: IRL men with money do not carry on about gold diggers in the first place.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,758,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eartmoth View Post

Yes, tell them you have no money at all and a low paying job when you first meet them, or if they somehow know you have money, tell them you lost it all and are now penniless and see if they maintain their interest in you.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:33 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,020,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, tell them you have no money at all and a low paying job when you first meet them, or if they somehow know you have money, tell them you lost it all and are now penniless and see if they maintain their interest in you.
Or you could just be honest with your employment and income, but firm when it comes to material things.

I don't think that gold diggers necessarily chase down rich guys exclusively, it's that when they seem to want material things more so than a genuine healthy relationship. I've never been rich in my life, but I once dated a girl who preferred I put $1000s on my credit card buying her jewelry or purses than making sound financial decisions. She respected what I could give her more than who I was. Part of it is my fault. I saw the signs with some smaller things but let it build up over time. It peaked with a horrific argument when I refused to buy her a new car.

Also as one person mentioned, guys can be just as bad. I don't think that it is the level of wealth that people seek that makes them a gold digger. It is that they place material stuff in higher priority than non-material.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,758,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Or you could just be honest with your employment and income, but firm when it comes to material things.

I don't think that gold diggers necessarily chase down rich guys exclusively, it's that when they seem to want material things more so than a genuine healthy relationship. I've never been rich in my life, but I once dated a girl who preferred I put $1000s on my credit card buying her jewelry or purses than making sound financial decisions. She respected what I could give her more than who I was. Part of it is my fault. I saw the signs with some smaller things but let it build up over time. It peaked with a horrific argument when I refused to buy her a new car.

Also as one person mentioned, guys can be just as bad. I don't think that it is the level of wealth that people seek that makes them a gold digger. It is that they place material stuff in higher priority than non-material.
Part of the problem with guys that attract gold diggers is that they seek out trophy women and try to impress them with dates to expensive restaurants and trendy resorts and everything else their money can buy -- so they shouldn't be too surprised when they find out the trophy woman was actually only impressed with their money.

You can easily lose the trophy kind of women by not going after the expensively dressed woman and instead find a more self-made woman and don't pay for expensive meals, maybe a date to McDonalds instead and see if she sticks around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships