Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:04 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Haha. I guess I confused your post and john13. Sorry!
yes that would be nuts for the first date

usually i require that they've picked a safe word before playing games like that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 11:08 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
yes that would be nuts for the first date

usually i require that they've picked a safe word before playing games like that
Banana

Old 07-25-2012, 11:17 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
I remember the first date I organized with my current GF. We went shooting at the gun range. Great times and I need to do it again.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:28 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Your truth doesn't apply to everyone. While I like a dominant guy (if that's the right term), I also like someone who has some give. Note that I didn't say I want to make ALL the decisions.

You say common knowledge, but it's actually common belief....simply because it's not fact.
So, you would like a guy who comes up to you and says "uhhh ummm...i wanted to see fireworks tonight, but im not sure you would like that, Is there something else you would like to do, because ill definitely go for that". From my experience, almost no woman would and certainly wouldnt respect him as a man. we are tlaking first date here, not somehwere down the line when the two of you have been dating for awhile or are in a relationship. I think its perfectly healthy and reasonable, to let the woman change the plans or make plans all together if you have been seeing each other for some time.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
So, you would like a guy who comes up to you and says "uhhh ummm...i wanted to see fireworks tonight, but im not sure you would like that, Is there something else you would like to do, because ill definitely go for that". From my experience, almost no woman would and certainly wouldnt respect him as a man. we are tlaking first date here, not somehwere down the line when the two of you have been dating for awhile or are in a relationship. I think its perfectly healthy and reasonable, to let the woman change the plans or make plans all together if you have been seeing each other for some time.
Of course not, but if he asked, "there are fireworks down at the pier tonight; would you like to go?" I would absolutely say yes. How is that not respectable?

You act as though the guy has to sound like a bumbling idiot.

You're going to extremes to make your point, but there is middle ground between telling a woman what your date will entail and the scenario you proposed above. Confidence vs cockiness, my friend.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:39 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Of course not, but if he asked, "there are fireworks down at the pier tonight; would you like to go?" I would absolutely say yes. How is that not respectable?

You act as though the guy has to sound like a bumbling idiot.

You're going to extremes to make your point, but there is middle ground between telling a woman what your date will entail and the scenario you proposed above. Confidence vs cockiness, my friend.
So, you are agreeing with me then? You made it seem like you want input into making the plans and what i got out of that, is that a man should ask you what you want to do on your date. If he asks you to go to see fireworks and you go along with it, wouldnt that back my stance?

Old 07-25-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
So, you are agreeing with me then? You made it seem like you want input into making the plans and what i got out of that, is that a man should ask you what you want to do on your date. If he asks you to go to see fireworks and you go along with it, wouldnt that back my stance?
Well, he is asking me if I want to go to see fireworks. I guess I should have included an option to do something else as well.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you. To me, it sounds like you are not open to a woman making an alternate suggestion. In my scenario, there's an option for me to say, "I'd love to go with you, but can we __________ instead/too?" (I love fireworks, so I wouldn't say that, but if he were suggesting a movie or something, I might ask if we can see something different. You get my drift.)

Basically, if she didn't want to do what you suggested, but wanted to see you, would you be opem to her suggesting something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships