Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 05:30 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times

Advertisements

A FEW(my sister dated a white guy once for ex). For the most part, black women just don't find white men attractive. And even when they do they've told me "we have nothing in common"

Old 07-30-2012, 05:39 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,304 times
I've seen it in virtually every state I've been in. I live in the south now and I've seen at least 3 bw/wm IR relationships in my small little town. When I lived in Chicago, I remember going downtown to the Northside and seeing several BW/WM couples. It's not uncommon at all.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:14 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
A FEW(my sister dated a white guy once for ex). For the most part, black women just don't find white men attractive. And even when they do they've told me "we have nothing in common"
BradPiff, false. Some black women are afraid to date white, because of backlash from our community. That said, black women do find nonblack men attractive. Nothing in common can refer to same race couples as well.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:14 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,545,485 times
Quote:
For the most part, black women just don't find white men attractive. And even when they do they've told me "we have nothing in common"
Oh please...

What a generalization! That may be true for some of the women that you know, but it's not true "for the most part."

People are individuals, have different experiences, backgrounds, and preferences. You can't put a whole category of human beings into one box. There are lots of black women who find white men attractive, date them, have lots in common, marry them, and live very happily together.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:15 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
The question is so so silly. Unless you're trolling for some racial comments.

looks like!

Old 07-30-2012, 06:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:

that's not true.

the truth of the matter is most white men do not date black women, so why should we bother over men that aren't likely to be interested in the first place. that's how most see it.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:22 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
BradPiff, false. Some black women are afraid to date white, because of backlash from our community. That said, black women do find nonblack men attractive. Nothing in common can refer to same race couples as well.
What backlash? And if anything it's nowhere near the BM/WW backlash

Are there outliers? Absolutely but for the most part, They don't find them attractive and almost EXCLUSIVELY date inside Their race. Black women are more loyal to their race then any other type of people on this planet

Chris rock said something to the effect of

Dont get me wrong Black women like the pretty white boys, like George Clooney, brad pitt, David beckham etc. but the average everyday white men? No

And it's true

Old 07-30-2012, 06:22 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
the truth of the matter is most white men do not date black women, so why should we bother over men that aren't likely to be interested in the first place. that's how most see it.
I understand that, but that's not how I see it. Even though most white men may not date black women, I've gone out with many more white men than black men- not to mention that there are more white men in the US than black men, so I am ok with those odds.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:23 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,713,456 times
Black female/White male relationships are among the least common interracial relationships in America. Seeing Black women paired with anything else but Black men is rare in America. It is even somewhat rare to see a Black woman with a non Black Latino man in many cities across America. Especially in Chocolate cities where Latino men are pretty much statistically insignificant (i.e. DC, Baltimore, Detroit etc.). But you are more likely to see a Black woman with a White man than see a Black woman with an Asian man. However, these types of interracial relationships are more common in some cities than others. I have seen Black female/White male couples in Philly, DC, Baltimore, NYC and San Francisco. In Center City in Philadelphia, seeing a Black woman with a White man is actually very common. In DC, Black females with White men seem to be on a slight rise in the nicer side of Northwest DC.

Interracial relationships, period, are becoming more socially acceptable with every passing day in America. Many large metro areas are becoming more integrated every year as Whites gentrify big cities and Blacks from the city suburbanize. Whether you admit it or not, Barack Obama is the product of an interracial relationship. I, myself, am also the product of an interracial relationship. Tens of thousands of single Black women, and probably much more, in America are open to the possibility of interracial relationships. Just browse any local dating site for proof.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:23 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,605,540 times
i have noticed that while working in the US. i will point out an attractive black girl and most white guys will say something along the lines of "i am not attracted to black women" usually they'll add "but im not racist i have black frinds" or something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.