Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 07:24 AM

144 posts, read 201,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
You weren't attracted to him.You can backward rationalize it, but you dumped him because he was a wuss. A guy who won't kiss a woman for 4 months is undesirable to women. Funny thing is if he kept forcing himself on you, he would have had a better success rate.
Yes I wasn't. Im a face person and he is not my type. He is not hideously looking either but generally not the guy that will get my attention. But my point is even after the fact and us not having to shag, i fell in love with him. maybe i'm the 1 % that does not need to test if we're compatible in bed before i develop romantic interest in some one. Just saying he manage to make me fall for him just coz he is a genuinely decent respectful guy.. we call it quits though ugh.

I think it also helps that the sexual aspect in a relationship is not my priority obviously.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:32 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,619,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrox View Post
Yes I wasn't. Im a face person and he is not my type. He is not hideously looking either but generally not the guy that will get my attention. But my point is even after the fact and us not having to shag, i fell in love with him. maybe i'm the 1 % that does not need to test if we're compatible in bed before i develop romantic interest in some one. Just saying he manage to make me fall for him just coz he is a genuinely decent respectful guy.. we call it quits though ugh.

I think it also helps that the sexual aspect in a relationship is not my priority obviously.
If you fell in love with him, you wouldnt dump him because of some random reason. admit it, deny it, say whatever you want - women are dissapointed if a guy doesnt make advances. Ive brought dates to my place before on a first date, who were visibly dissapointed we didnt have sex on the first date. But i quickly learned from that. The last thing a man wants, is his date going home dissapointed, that he didnt push for more physical interraction during the date.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:45 AM

144 posts, read 201,449 times
Not random. It's deeper because if ever it will be OUR future together. I am really debating myself if I should contact him solely coz I fell for him what a bad timing. Or not because we dont have same standard in cleanliness in all aspects. He is content with what he has while I want to continually improve myself and my lifestyle. We just don't have compatible standards. I am looking beyond the sex part obviously because no normal couple will just be content with shagging each other 24/7 LOL. Because after the shagging has been dealt with. Reality sets in which we call L.I.F.E. AND all the boring everything that goes with it. It's more deeper concern on my part way past the sex/attraction part of relationship.

Last edited by heartbrox; 08-03-2012 at 10:23 AM..

Old 08-03-2012, 09:57 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,752,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey;25450176[B
Because we spend the first part of our 20s in this fairy land where men are decent and women are treated as equals based on intelligence and personality. After we learn this isn't the case, the cynicism takes over and we begin to distrust.
[/b]
That could just be me, though. I see it in younger women as well...they're young and naive and FAR to trusting. After they get taken advantage of and lied to a few times they get a little more defensive. If I knew back in my late teens/early 20s what I know now, I can all but guarantee I'd be a single virgin.
Thank You! And there it is: almost every woman I ever met started out exact same thoughts.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:38 AM

31,175 posts, read 22,209,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Thank You! And there it is: almost every woman I ever met started out exact same thoughts.
So, most all women are callaused and jaded by the time they hit 30? From what you and JJ have described I can see it, but I see enough men here complaining that I think it may be more related to people who post to forums.

How about trying women for a relationship, it might be a breath of fresh air?

Old 08-03-2012, 10:41 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,033,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I've always wondered why some women have that fairy tale in their head. It was never that way in mine.

Too many Disney movies or something.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:45 AM

64 posts, read 243,798 times
Arbitrarily deciding "I won't do this or that for 90 days" is silly. Sex is not a prize.

Of course, it takes two mature and self-aware people who are NOT interested in playing games to make a relationship work. All of this "wait three days to call" "withhold sex until XX date" "drop hints that you might be interested, but don't act too interested" betrays the need to have the upper hand, and not really the need to get to know the other person. If one (or both) of the parties involved insist on these sorts of ridculous tests, you better believe that the relationship is going nowhere.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:23 PM

36,794 posts, read 31,037,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I've always wondered why some women have that fairy tale in their head. It was never that way in mine.

The same reasons we believe most people are decent and honest, the government is for the people, you can always trust a police officer, priests are without sin, etc. Did you grow up believing the people that profess to love you and be your friend are going to use and abuse you so you cant trust or believe anyone.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,127,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So, most all women are callaused and jaded by the time they hit 30? From what you and JJ have described I can see it, but I see enough men here complaining that I think it may be more related to people who post to forums.

How about trying women for a relationship, it might be a breath of fresh air?
Some women are jaded sure, but I think some of them (myself included) are just more realistic.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:34 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,752,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post

I don't think it's disney movies...I think most girls are taught if you are decent person and do the right things, showed your intellect etc. men will take notice and you'll get one. That's not saying 'happily ever after' or anything but at least if you did certain things you would be 'in the running.' Well now we know it's a bunch of B.S. yet most women start off thinking this way. As they say, hindsight's 20/20
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships