Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 08:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
My dad has done that too. Dads are the best aren't they!

He still brings my mother flowers ...it will be 50 years for them in September
My Dad's pretty awesome

He brings my Mom flowers here and there, but they like getting each other weird gifts instead. My Mom surprised my Dad last week by buying him an 'easy bake oven' for the camping trips he takes Its' just a propane powered camping oven/stove, but he was so happy and offered to bake us cinnamon rolls while we're fishing.

It will be 30 years for my parents next April
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 08:30 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
It's all about the relationship, the intention in giving the flowers, and the level of taste and thoughtfulness involved. When someone truly loves you and offers a single beautiful flower, it's meaningful . . .a special bouquet that is not mass produced can be nice . . .just something purchased without seeing it - not great - sending it to work - impersonal unless it is a real treat and surprise and would make you happy - bottom line: they have to know and love you and the feeling has to be mutual - otherwise, it is futile or manipulation or just showmanship and meaningless.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:01 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,876,807 times
Yes.....from my ex husband. I threw them out, then proceeded to throw up.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:15 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
Yes.....from my ex husband. I threw them out, then proceeded to throw up.
lol. I cant remember getting flowers from my ex husband.....

Old 08-03-2012, 08:23 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Aww. If I knew you back then I could have given you mine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Here's some - what are friends for.
Awww thank you.... <3

Old 08-03-2012, 08:31 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,876,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
lol. I cant remember getting flowers from my ex husband.....
It was between my first and second marriage. The ex was trying to win my affections back, I'm guessing. It was a little too much, a little too late. I was less than enthused, and he should have guessed that by the look on my face. What I thought was so hysterical was when we were married, he never bought me flowers for ANYTHING. He used to go into our neighbors yard and pick their roses, and give them to me!!! Can we say CHEAP SKATE????

Old 08-03-2012, 02:17 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Some women get them right and left and some not at all. I think its luck of the draw. Ive only gone out with a couple of woman in my life who had never gotten any from a man; Nothings better than being the first man to give a woman flowers! Hasn't happened in quite a while.
I gave a 24ish year old gf flowers for no particular reason one time. I didn't know it at the time, but she had never received flowers from a bf before. She didn't seem to pleased with the thought. Pretty much no reaction at all. I blew it off as it was just supposed to be a nice gesture. I brought it up sometime later, and she admitted to not knowing how to respond, since she had never received before. I did buy flowers for her again, and she was much more appreciative.
Actually, many years later, the same gf bought ME flowers. Some people may think it is weird for a guy to have flowers, but I thought it was a nice gesture. Don't get me wrong, I'm a guys guy, Im into cars, gadgets, sports, and women. I honestly didn't really care about the flowers, but it was a nice gesture, and I appreciated them because the gf at the time put the thought and took the time and energy into getting them and giving them to me.

Funny thing about flowers is though, someone already mentioned this: some women never get flowers, and some women get A Lot of flowers.
My most recent ex commented that I never bought her flowers. And she went on to compare me to a previous guy she dated. "One guy bought me flowers every week. (for a good 3-6 months) Why havent I received flowers from you?"

Why do some guys do this? Really? Flowers EVERY week? Guys that abuse the flower giving policies (haha, just made that up) really make it difficult for the next guy that comes along.

If I care for a woman, and she treats me well, I will get flowers on VERY select special occasions, and either one or two times totally randomly a year.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:20 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
I would rather get flowers out of nowhere, for no reason all. just because....

Old 08-03-2012, 03:16 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
They can be really special.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:20 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Now that's a strange movie. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships