Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 08:56 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Super annoying. So unattractive. Way to let the girl know you're crazy.

Unbelievably this has happened to me several times. The last time was at a pub style place a couple of blocks from my home, out with my roommate. These dudes were sending us over rounds of drinks. As I got up to go the bathroom, I thanked them, whatever. Came back and one of the dudes was actually really interesting, cute and non-creepy so when they stopped me I started talking to them. Eventually one of them grabbed my roommate too to join us. We're having a good time, getting tipsy. One of them starts dominating the conversation with me, which I found annoying but whatever he seemed ok. Muscular, guido-ish, attitude. I notice he is slowly getting more obnoxious and he's kind of giving me some attitude as I'm getting a little colder. Meanwhile I'm texting several people as usual.

Then he tries to grab my phone, basically demands to know who I'm speaking to, and accuses me of being a b****. How can you just meet someone and try to grab their phone??? How ridiculous. Crazy alert. So I basically continue ignoring him. Eventually he leaves, but not without throwing rolled up napkins on me on his way out.

I wish I could say this is the first time I just met someone out and they demand to know who I'm speaking to or why I'm on the phone. None of your business! I really cannot understand male behavior.
In my opinion it's pretty easy to understand male behavior at least heterosexual ones- they demand and feel entitled to female attention and praise and when they don't get it they react violently.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:03 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
In my opinion it's pretty easy to understand male behavior at least heterosexual ones- they demand and feel entitled to female attention and praise and when they don't get it they react violently.
Some males would react this way. Some would just politely excuse themselves from the conversation.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:16 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Well I thought this topic was interesting enough that I showed it to my dd's, ages 17 and 20 and asked them about generational differences. The 17 yo thinks the OP is totally immature and my text queen 20 yo says that she would not be texting when she's in a one-on-one convo and trying to get to know someone. So much for the rudeness of the young. Oh and they had a good laugh over the duck-lips.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:49 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
It is so rude, to do do what op did, i almost dont blame the guy for being an ahole about it. If youre going to join someone who just bought you a drink, its just compl;ete lack of manners to get glued to your phone texting nonstop about BS. If your ebored with their company, then excuse yourself and go back to sit at your own table. It has nothing to do with age, attractivness or even whre youre at. Its just plain rude and immature. There is nothing wrong with having your phone out, in case a friend asks you where youre at or needs a quick reply to something important, but this isnt what we're talking about here. OP simply wants to look cooler than those around her, so on e word texts back and forth are the way to go, becasue then you can prove your popularity and importence by getting blown up every 15 seconds. It is so high school it hurts. Its happened to me before, we were in a park and she just kept texting nonstop. I took it out of her hand and threw it about 30 feet behind me. SHe ran to get it, brought it back pissed, i took it from her hand and threw it another 30 feet in another direction. If she kept texting, i would have pulled down her pants and spanked her in public and it would have been well deserved. Total duck face behavior.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:01 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Why am I not surprised by this comment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
It is so rude, to do do what op did, i almost dont blame the guy for being an ahole about it. If youre going to join someone who just bought you a drink, its just compl;ete lack of manners to get glued to your phone texting nonstop about BS. If your ebored with their company, then excuse yourself and go back to sit at your own table. It has nothing to do with age, attractivness or even whre youre at. Its just plain rude and immature. There is nothing wrong with having your phone out, in case a friend asks you where youre at or needs a quick reply to something important, but this isnt what we're talking about here. OP simply wants to look cooler than those around her, so on e word texts back and forth are the way to go, becasue then you can prove your popularity and importence by getting blown up every 15 seconds. It is so high school it hurts. Its happened to me before, we were in a park and she just kept texting nonstop. I took it out of her hand and threw it about 30 feet behind me. SHe ran to get it, brought it back pissed, i took it from her hand and threw it another 30 feet in another direction. If she kept texting, i would have pulled down her pants and spanked her in public and it would have been well deserved. Total duck face behavior.
Damn son!! Tell'wm how you really feel.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:21 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
If she kept texting, i would have pulled down her pants and spanked her in public and it would have been well deserved.
You're gonna confuse women here into thinking it's a turn-on, stoppit

Old 08-21-2012, 07:33 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
You're gonna confuse women here into thinking it's a turn-on, stoppit
yeah , youre right. bad example

Old 08-21-2012, 09:23 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times
This thread is HILARIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I can't believe this thread is still going on..
Me either, to an extent, but when I'm gone for a bit and return I die laughing. I love the visceral reactions I elicit from the CD crowd, it's even better than trolling white nationalist forums. I wish I could spend more time here.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

By all accounts you are attractive with a nice face and figure.

This would make you, ordinarily, popular with men.

Yet you are NOT...
Haha what the heck would give you that impression?

Old 08-21-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Its happened to me before, we were in a park and she just kept texting nonstop. I took it out of her hand and threw it about 30 feet behind me. SHe ran to get it, brought it back pissed, i took it from her hand and threw it another 30 feet in another direction. If she kept texting, i would have pulled down her pants and spanked her in public and it would have been well deserved. Total duck face behavior.
In CD land, taking someone's property and throwing it twice is so much more normal and acceptable than being in a bar where half the crowd has their smartphones out and the other half is staring at the televisions. Less internet time and more real world time required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships