Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 08:08 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
if you're a woman and you're: white, asian, mixed (mulatto), spanish/latin I don't see why they would even think twice about walking up to men and assuming they don't like those races when those are the primary races they DO like and date. Since when have any of those races of women had a problem getting men? They don't far as I can tell. Only way I can see that being an issue is if the woman is ugly. If so then don't even bother.
To be fair, this entire thread applies much moreso to men than it does to women. Guys tend not to discriminate on the basis of race as long as the chick is attractive. However, women tend to discriminate on the basis of race; probably because most women view things in the long term instead of the short term and disqualify anyone they believe they wouldn't or couldn't have a long term relationship. On the other hand, guys just go after any chick they find attractive and hope they can get some sex out of them.

However, as I said previously, no one really discriminates (male or female) against truly good looking people.

Last edited by bicoastal10; 08-29-2012 at 08:17 PM..

Old 08-29-2012, 08:14 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
To be fair, this entire thread applies much moreso to men than it does to women. Guys tend not to discriminate on the basis of race as long as the chick is attractive. However, women tend to discriminate on the basis of race; probably because most women view things in the long term instead of the short term and disqualify anyone they believe they wouldn't or couldn't have a long term relationship. On the other hand, guys just go after any chick they find attractive and hope they can get some sex out of them.

However, as I said previously, no one really discriminates (male or female) against truly good looking people.
This is what I'm been trying to say all along. Women are LESS open to IR dating, ALTHOUGH there are exceptions.

I know Asian women who exclusively date white men largely because of their 'status'. The media makes them the 'alpha males'. To those who say 'it's just a harmless preference', they need to read up on cultural psychology.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:17 PM

13 posts, read 24,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
This is what I'm been trying to say all along. Women are LESS open to IR dating, ALTHOUGH there are exceptions.

I know Asian women who exclusively date white men largely because of their 'status'. The media makes them the 'alpha males'. To those who say 'it's just a harmless preference', they need to read up on cultural psychology.
Totally agree, also it's been observed that while a 5/10 of a certain race(not that I believe in those stupid ratings) gets a nod purely based on his race, a 10/10 of another less desirable race(as made out by the media or influenced by societal stereotypes) has to compete much harder to have the same rate of success. If that's not discrimination nothing is, not that I am complaining as there's no truly non-discriminating society anywhere in this world.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:17 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,360 times
Quote:
I noticed you're in Memphis. I still remember asking this black girl for directions to Sun Studios, she seemed really friendly.
Lol, could have been me! Lol.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Lol, could have been me! Lol.
Lol, you recall someone with an Aussie accent asking you where Sun Studios was just outside the main baseball stadium? haha

Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,360 times
Quote:
Lol, you recall someone with an Aussie accent asking you where Sun Studios was just outside the main baseball stadium? haha
Lol no but I did live downtown so I answered a lot of visitors questions! So maybe just maybe... Lol

Old 08-29-2012, 08:28 PM

13 posts, read 24,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
I get plenty of dates with white women...but they give me a pass because I'm from UK. A lot of these same white women have said to my face that they would not date a guy who was born and raised in India. The Indian accent is a big turn off...it even turns me off!

As for Indian women...not many good looking ones in LA, because most of them are from South India, and South Indians do nothing for me.
Lol. So Southern Indian women are the undesirable ones now, surprising since a lot of women in Bollywood now are from Southern India(not South India as it's not a separate nationality like South Korea/North Korea).

Also, I don't think a lot of Southern Indian women really care about going out with a pretentious wannabe just because he happens to have a British accent, unlike the White women that gave you a "pass"

Old 08-29-2012, 08:39 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,152,329 times
Quote:
Actually there are a lot of Asians in NZ, like Oz, and the majority of them still marry Asians.
Really? My family always said NZ is smaller and they don't have many Asians. My dad's friend who lives there has a daughter who married a white guy, and I was surprised all of her friends are white. Their neighbors and coworkers all did the same thing, and online whenever they mention an Asian over there it's always some white in a relationship with them.

Yeah, Australia's largest cities are that way. But not the rural areas. I know this because I had friends from Australia too and they said there are a lot of people from China over there. Online, their number of Asians rivals ours! The schools were 95% Chinese! They told me most of them do still marry Asians but there is always the exception of a white-Asian couple or white-Middle Eastern or whatever.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
I could be wrong, but I've heard that Whites date out more than any other race.
You are wrong, see my prior post and link. Hispanics and Asians date out (or at least marry out) more than other races, whites the least. Empirical census data shows this to be true.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
Really? My family always said NZ is smaller and they don't have many Asians. My dad's friend who lives there has a daughter who married a white guy, and I was surprised all of her friends are white. Their neighbors and coworkers all did the same thing, and online whenever they mention an Asian over there it's always some white in a relationship with them.

Yeah, Australia's largest cities are that way. But not the rural areas. I know this because I had friends from Australia too and they said there are a lot of people from China over there. Online, their number of Asians rivals ours! The schools were 95% Chinese! They told me most of them do still marry Asians but there is always the exception of a white-Asian couple or white-Middle Eastern or whatever.
Mainly in Auckland, but Dunedin has a sizeable population because of the University of Otago. But sure, it's pretty common for them to marry or be in a relationship with a white person too, but to say that they all do is very inaccurate.

Yeah lots of people from China coming here, but a school that was 95% Chinese must be some sort of international school for Chinese people. Many parts of Sydney and Melbourne are over 60% born overseas. Go to the city centre and it's mostly foreigners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships