Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 10:06 PM

499 posts, read 756,926 times

Advertisements

Guys where do you stand on this? Is a woman insecure or super vain if she runs out to have breast implants? Outside of Reconstructive surgery, I mean. I hear a lot of women say they do it for themselves, but is that a front for wanting more attention from the opposite sex?

I know lots of women who say that if a man had

∙ Pectoral Implants for a nice chest
∙ Leg-Lengthening surgery to be taller
∙ Hair Transplant surgery to rid baldness
∙ Nose Jobs
∙ Face Lift

All valid because baldness, short height for example are a deal breaker for most women. Maybe less so a guy who has a not so great body (but at least that can be dealt with naturally)

They'd run for the hills saying something like the guy was too into himself or too vain, even though the women are okay with doing it for themselves.

There was a special on 20/20 recently about increasing plastic surgery for men.

This is not really about men though, but isn't that yet another double standard?

Old 09-04-2012, 10:11 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,779,921 times
If it's reconstructive like she was deformed somehow and needed the operation to get back to normal I could understand. If it's just surgery because she wanted bigger boobs and felt the need to have bags implanted in her chest to achieve this then I am definitely NOT into it.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:11 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Guys where do you stand on this? Is a woman insecure or super vain if she runs out to have breast implants? Outside of Reconstructive surgery, I mean. I hear a lot of women say they do it for themselves, but is that a front for wanting more attention from the opposite sex?

I know lots of women who say that if a man had

∙ Pectoral Implants for a nice chest
∙ Leg-Lengthening surgery to be taller
∙ Hair Transplant surgery to rid baldness
∙ Nose Jobs
∙ Face Lift

All valid because baldness, short height for example are a deal breaker for most women. Maybe less so a guy who has a not so great body (but at least that can be dealt with naturally)

They'd run for the hills saying something like the guy was too into himself or too vain, even though the women are okay with doing it for themselves.

There was a special on 20/20 recently about increasing plastic surgery for men.

This is not really about men though, but isn't that yet another double standard?

oh good grief...

Old 09-04-2012, 10:13 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,127 times
This thread is going to be so much bickering.

6,616 posts, read 13,835,338 times
I don't like my women too fake.

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
since when do they care? they would rather date women with fake, silicon body parts then real, imperfect ones, that's for sure.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,835,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
This thread is going to be so much bickering.
That's how all threads on the Relationship forum are though.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:15 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,198,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
If it's reconstructive like she was deformed somehow and needed the operation to get back to normal I could understand. If it's just surgery because she wanted bigger boobs and felt the need to have bags implanted in her chest to achieve this then I am definitely NOT into it.
I understand this as well. Otherwise.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
oh good grief...
Ditto

So much insecurity in some of these threads/posts which can be termed better not say.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:17 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
I understand this as well. Otherwise.........

Ditto

So much insecurity in some of these threads/posts which can be termed better not say.
Self absorbed insecure people are damn unattractive, no matter what kind of plastic surgery they have

Old 09-04-2012, 10:19 PM

499 posts, read 756,926 times
Well maybe my point was more about whether the women in question are insecure or not and the double standard. I personally don't wish to get any kind of surgery, maybe to remove a wrinkle or two when I get older, but it looks like I have decent genes and am holding up well

When I was 25, there was this 21 yr old woman I used to work with who used to stare at a pic of Pamela Anderson in a magazine all day on her lunch breaks and talk about how she wanted bigger boobs. She was already a 34D. She ended up putting a down payment on implants and went to a EEE. She was HS educated, forget about college, get the implants ya know? She would then go to the beach and wear these tight bikinis and loved all of the attention she got from men (I'm not assuming, she told us this and we actually hung out at Brighton Beach and watched her do this lol).

But if a man came up to you and said, hey, I used to be 5'6, now I'm 5'10! Or he said, I hate working out, so now I have a chest I'm comfortable with, or I used to feel rain drop on my head the minute it rained, and now I love my hair, would you be willing to date him, or would be be insecure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships