Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 07:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,537 times

Advertisements

We've been married for 12 years and it's been 4 months since finding out about his affair. I'm hurt and he's been showing remorse but at the same time I'm having trouble dealing with this.

I'm guilty of the same thing but only this was way before we got married and I was a then naivee 19 year-old who got drunk that day (now I'm 34). Till this day he's still unaware and don't know if I should even mention it. Or should I focus on his cheating esp. when he did it more than once for several months and would still be going on if I had never found out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 07:10 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,610,174 times
If it still bothers you and you feel guilty about it, then you should talk about it. It is a big difference in what you did and what your hubby did, but if you guys are trying to work this out, this is likely your best chance to clear your conscience. Best of luck, i wouldnt put up with a cheater for even a minute, but then again Ive never been married.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:19 PM

936 posts, read 2,062,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risty View Post
We've been married for 12 years and it's been 4 months since finding out about his affair. I'm hurt and he's been showing remorse but at the same time I'm having trouble dealing with this.

I'm guilty of the same thing but only this was way before we got married and I was a then naivee 19 year-old who got drunk that day (now I'm 34). Till this day he's still unaware and don't know if I should even mention it. Or should I focus on his cheating esp. when he did it more than once for several months and would still be going on if I had never found out.
As for your cheating on him: It's been 15 years. The only reason to bring it up is to hurt him with ancient history, and undermine what little fragile trust there is between you. Is that really what you want to do right now?

As for his cheating on you: That problem is here in the present. That's a situation you can change, if you want.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:21 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,084,341 times
Quote:

So you are going to let him suffer and beat himself up over this and you get off scott free?

In my opinion, you need to tell him. You are BOTH wrong. Your offense isn't any less wrong because it was years ago, you were drunk and naive. You are just trying to convince yourself of that. It does not matter how long his affair went on for...the only difference here is that he never found out about yours. So you are a better liar, congratulations.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:21 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,840,488 times
This is why I don't see any value in marriage.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:26 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,010,665 times
I don't know how to really handle this situation, but both of you are wrong.

You for cheating and with holding information from your spouse for 19 yeas or more, and he for cheating on you recently for however long he had the affair.

IMO both of you come clean and get it all out on the table, ad possibly seek some help because he's going to have all kinds of emtions erupting.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:26 PM

48,555 posts, read 34,911,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
This is why I don't see any value in marriage.
It should be why you don't see any value in infidelity.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:30 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,655,865 times
Cheat on him now so you don't have to tell him about that guy you bonked in 1995.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:31 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,840,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It should be why you don't see any value in infidelity.
Well both, now that you mention it.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:42 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,629,100 times
Quote:

What happens before marriage stays before marriage. You did not cheat.

Your only concern now is what you want to do with the marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships