Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you choose? You could have as much money as your heart desires or a chance at true love?
I'm a woman and I choose a chance at true love 39 22.54%
I'm a woman and I choose as much money as my heart desires 35 20.23%
I'm a man and I choose a chance at true love 34 19.65%
I'm a man and I choose as much money as my heart desires 65 37.57%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 05:05 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,017,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Lmao. Money and it's not even close. I don't need "love" Ill just live the bachelor life that I'm living now but with a much better place, cars, And overall resources.
True. I take the tripes to paris riding around in a brand new lamborghini or throwing parties on yacht or something. I think men really thought this question through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 05:09 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,017,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
Money is great, but I think I would be bored after awhile.
I respect your opinion but in my opinion if you can't find anything to do with limitless options in life..they I wouldn't blame the money.

Trips to anyplace in the world.
You could live nearly any place in the world.

Do anything.

Skydiving, visit 5 star restuarants, Canoeing whenever you want.

Vacatation is everyday for the rest of your life.

Buy any car you want.

Go to any museum, show whenver you want.

Your imagination is the limit.

Me personally I always wanted to go to Tokyo.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:38 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Love can always be bought, so I choose money.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:53 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Love can always be bought, so I choose money.
You can buy sex, you can even buy commitment , you can buy someone who pretends to love you but sorry no money in the world can buy you love. Love is not a commodity. It is about the only thing on the planet which does not seem to be in fact.

I can't say I am surprised at most responses though. Money seems to be pretty much the only things on many people's minds apart from sex of course. Sad and depressing but hardly a shocker.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:59 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times
I'm a man and I chose true love..

An incurable illness with loads of money but no-one to spend your last days with or less money and someone that loves you to say goodbye to...

You choose..

Old 09-07-2012, 05:59 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
When your a young rich guy,(or young guy in general tbh) you don't give a damn about "true love". If you can have sex with beautiful women, have the best cars in the world, great bachelor pad, travel the country and world, your good.

Last edited by BradPiff; 09-07-2012 at 06:44 AM..

Old 09-07-2012, 06:01 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I can't say I am surprised at most responses though. Money seems to be pretty much the only things on many people's minds apart from sex of course. Sad and depressing but hardly a shocker.
That's because those that have always been without tend to want what they never had.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:08 AM

684 posts, read 825,336 times
Love is not something you 'feel'. That feeling? The tingle down your spine, the breath coming quickly and the hairs on the back of your neck standing up?

That's simple lust. And that fades, even if we try our best to keep it going.

Love is not a feeling. Love is a choice - You choose to love someone and be faithful to them. You choose to place their needs on par with your own(Not above. Love is not subservient.). Love is patient. Love is kind. Love is not jealous. Love is not proud. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered, nor does it keep record of wrongs. Love protects, trusts, hopes and perseveres.

All those things occur because you choose to love someone. You choose to be patient, to be kind. You choose not to be jealous, to not be proud, to not be self-seeking. You choose not to be easily angered and to forgive slights. You choose to protect, trust, hope and persevere.

Given the choice, I'd pick love, but one can have both because while money can be an accident, love never is.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:22 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
I'd rather have the money since the "chance at true love" isn't a guarantee.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:27 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,983 times
Most women say "Love" as their self esteem is based on having a man. A man, it is his career and making money.

Me, a women, I say money, I don't think there is such a thing as a one and only "True Love".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships