Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:12 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times

Advertisements

Don't talk to him but don't ignore him either or in his mind that may well confirm to him that your upset with him which means he's affected you.

Nod as you pass him if he says hello but leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 09:20 AM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
The guy misled you (especially the second time) and he is a jerk for doing so. Playing with your feelings is not cool. Many posters say to let it go and I would also advise that. Do not recognize his upcoming birthday. That will be a big mistake on your part.

When I went in front of the judge in my divorce proceeding he asked me if I had anything to say to her. Believe me, I really wanted to but I figured what was the point.
I suggest you do the same and not tell him off, just let it go. Anger is just wasted energy. His loss, move on...

Last edited by John13; 09-10-2012 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-10-2012, 09:22 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
capitol;26026308 what is wrong with you!!!! He dated her for quite awhile and told her he was in love with her got what he wanted from her. Then he dumped her.

When they went to college he was alone and lonely and then called her because he had no one else. As soon as he found new friends he dumped her again. He's a complete a***.
Where did it say he got what he "wanted." I'm assuming you are implying sex but nowhere did she say or imply that he wanted her for sex.

Yeah he was lonely so he tried to reconnect with her because he had some feelings for her but after 2 weeks he realized his feelings weren't on a sexual level for her so he did the honorable thing and dumped her before she got too attached. There is nothing wrong with him having confusing feelings and trying to reconcile again to see if it would work.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:23 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Sorry you're going through this OP. You cared about him and you gave him another chance, so at least you can walk away not wondering what if. It's always been a challenge for me to walk away from any relationship no matter how long it lasted without saying my piece. But you have to ask yourself what will that really accomplish? Telling him what a jerk you think he is won't change him, it won't fix the relationship, it won't give you back the time you were with him. And honestly it just gives him MORE of the upper hand because it lets him further know how upset you are that things didn't work out. I know it sounds cheesy, but do you have a journal? When I got my divorce a few years ago I used to write letters to him in a journal. It sounds lame perhaps, and of course he never saw what I wrote, but it helped me get out my feelings. Hang in there! College is a blast and you will make so many new friends, and date, and somewhere along the way you'll meet the guy who will never want to let you go!

Old 09-10-2012, 09:28 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I dont really see what the guy did wrong either. He broke up with OP, ended up going to the same school, missed the sex part and asked her to be FWB. At least the guy is upfront about it, but i keep forgetting that being a liar is substantialy more rewarded by women than being honest. Besides, why does anyone need to have the upperhand when breaking up? Who cares? its over, he wants fwb and you dont, tell him that and move on. Human nature never ceases to amaze me.
I think he lied to her for two years and was just in it for the physical rewards. The guy is a total rectum and was extremely cruel trying to come back for more. I've seen a lot of emotional serial killers in my day. There's way too much of it's all about me mentality. Run girlfriend run. You can do better.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:30 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blutoj View Post
So for about 2 weeks, he was the sweetest guy. He kept telling me how
wonderful I was, how much he missed me. And I actually started to feel something for him again. But then, he tells me he's not into me. At all. These were his words. "I don't love you. I doubt I ever will. I feel nothing for you, just slight attraction. I love you as much as I love my friends. And I don't love my friends. I respect you. I just don't want to fool you into thinking something more will happen."*

So there I was, feeling like the biggest dumb ass in the world. He gave me all that good stuff, "let's still be friends, we can still date, but not really date."*

So I walked away. I started to cry, and made up some excuse about needing to be somewhere so he wouldn't see my tears... Again. His last words to me were, " I'm here if you need me. Let me know when you'll need to see me again."

Anyway, I just want some opinions on this. Maybe discussions amongst yourselves. You can use my story for your general amusement.*
capitol: I'm assuming you are implying sex but nowhere did she say or imply that he wanted her for sex.
lovesMountains: "Did you read the OP? She did not report him asking her for a "FWB" arrangement

Im sorry, who doesn't see these statements, coming from a guy to a girl as, a FWB request?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:43 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
[b]
lovesMountains: "Did you read the OP? She did not report him asking her for a "FWB" arrangement

Im sorry, who doesn't see these statements, coming from a guy to a girl as, a FWB request?
Read it again, you got it out of order.

He said the ""let's still be friends, we can still date, but not really date."* thing AFTER two weeks had gone by.

What he said at first was, "how much he missed me, how I was such a wonderful girl, how he felt like an idiot for letting me go...."

AND he asked her for "another chance."

He clearly gave her the impression he wanted her back as a girlfriend - don't keep trying to defend what he did.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:48 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
capitol: I'm assuming you are implying sex but nowhere did she say or imply that he wanted her for sex.

Or maybe he doesn't want to have sex with her because he doesn't want to get attached. She is a HS senior so we can't even be sure they ever had sex or had sex during the 2 weeks. She needs to clarify the situation.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:51 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Or maybe he doesn't want to have sex with her because he doesn't want to get attached. She is a HS senior so we can't even be sure they ever had sex or had sex during the 2 weeks. She needs to clarify the situation.
Again, did you even read the OP?

She and he are now college freshman at the same college.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:52 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
I don't think it really matters what the intentions of the OP's ex are, he's a jackass all the same !!

OP, if you want to, go for it, but it's only a short term way to feel better.
Others have already said it, just turn your back, block him out, move on.

That will bring you much more satisfaction in the long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships