Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,761,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Please submit documented evidence of this...
The Social Pathologist: Sexual Partner Divorce Risk

I anxiously await your analysis.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:03 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,105,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
somebody sent me a dm/rep or whatever you call it about painting these women as wh*res on here. Sorry if it was not clear, but I am NOT calling you, findly or msannthorpe wh*res.....the way I see it is that men do not respect these kinds of women, the ones who are putting themselves out there in this manner, I think should be demanding more respect from these men FIRST. Men applaud this behavior because it benefits them and then trash the women that do it. (Now, just like you said before who cares what anyone thinks should be done, people are doing what they want anyways, I am just expressing my thoughts on the topic). Most of the men aren't going to call them wh*res to their face and why would they? That's just going to cut off their benefits isn't it? They will come online and say it behind their backs. I had so called 'nice guy' male friends who did this all the time. They sleep with these women and then call them skanks. Again, not saying it's right, but it's what they do. Let me tell you, you get a real education on how these men think when you're around them and not the type of woman they want to sleep with, LOL. IMO, it gets put out there (mostly by men) that only 'immature men' think this and 'real men don't. Whatever they're all doing the same exact thing.

Also, don't you think/agree this all further continues the man's views of women as a whole as 'disposable,' 'usable' 'downgrading them verbally?' I do I beleive it's all connected to the ways in which women allow themselves to be treated by them.
They aren't all thinking that though, and they aren't all doing the same thing. Maybe your friends were nice guys to you, but they sound like they were pretty immature. I've had plenty of guy friends who would find doing that completely distasteful.

As I said, selective women don't go for the guy whose going to be all "I got laid by this pig, brah" and high-fiving his friends. They go for men who behave like adults.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Cheating is a character flaw that has nothing to do with number of past sexual partners.
i suppose that depends on whether you find 'marital disruption' a suitable proxy for 'cheating'

FTA:

Quote:
The results presented in this article replicate findings from previous research: Women who cohabit prior to marriage or who have premarital sex have an increased likelihood of marital disruption. Considering the joint effects of premarital cohabitation and premarital sex, as well as histories of premarital relationships, extends previous research. The most salient finding from this analysis is that women whose intimate premarital relationships are limited to their husbands—either premarital sex alone or premarital cohabitation—do not experience an increased risk of divorce. It is only women who have more than one intimate premarital relationship who have an elevated risk of marital disruption. This effect is strongest for women who have multiple premarital coresidental unions. These findings are consistent with the notion that premarital sex and cohabitation have become part of the normal courtship pattern in the United States. They do not indicate selectivity on characteristics linked to the risk of divorce and do not provide couples with experiences that lessen the stability of marriage.

But anyway, what I find fascinating about this discussion is the anger it elicits from people who disagree -- and the fact that they have NO evidence to support their claim, but continue to repeat it, all the while demanding I provide evidence of my own. LOL.

When the evidence breaks down, it gets personal. I mean, look at the VERY FIRST responses I got.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:06 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,307,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
The Social Pathologist: Sexual Partner Divorce Risk

I anxiously await your analysis.
What the hell does "stable" mean???

Pretty sure that differs from relationship to relationship. How can one report on something as diverse as stability...?

Old 09-19-2012, 09:08 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,742,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
They aren't all thinking that though, and they aren't all doing the same thing. Maybe your friends were nice guys to you, but they sound like they were pretty immature. I've had plenty of guy friends who would find doing that completely distasteful.

As I said, selective women don't go for the guy whose going to be all "I got laid by this pig, brah" and high-fiving his friends. They go for men who behave like adults.

Alright they aren't all thinking that and it was only my set of male friends, LOL. I'm not going to argue with you on that one. Fine & as you wish....

On that last part, IMO, 'selective sleeping around' is an oxymoron.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
What the hell does "stable" mean???
sta·ble
/ˈstābəl/
Adjective:
Not likely to change or fail; firmly established: "a stable relationship"; "prices have remained relatively stable".

Quote:
Pretty sure that differs from relationship to relationship.
Correct; that's why they collect data from multiple relationships.

Quote:
How can one report on something as diverse as stability...?
This was reported as an HTML. I'm sure other ways of reporting would be acceptable, for example, paper.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
i suppose that depends on whether you find 'marital disruption' a suitable proxy for 'cheating'

FTA:

But anyway, what I find fascinating about this discussion is the anger it elicits from people who disagree -- and the fact that they have NO evidence to support their claim, but continue to repeat it, all the while demanding I provide evidence of my own. LOL.

When the evidence breaks down, it gets personal. I mean, look at the VERY FIRST responses I got.
And if you go further into the blogspot you posted, you'll find this:

The Social Pathologist: 03/27/12

Again, we aren't angry. You're a random guy on a message board. We just think your line of thinking is silly

But if you want to go thinking that you won the Interwebz today, go ahead

Old 09-19-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Alright they aren't all thinking that and it was only my set of male friends, LOL. I'm not going to argue with you on that one. Fine & as you wish....

On that last part, IMO, 'selective sleeping around' is an oxymoron.
I'm not arguing with you either. You are welcome to your opinions, and there's really nothing I can say to convince you otherwise so who cares?

Old 09-19-2012, 09:15 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,307,709 times
Quote:
sta·ble
/ˈstābəl/
Adjective:
Not likely to change or fail; firmly established: "a stable relationship"; "prices have remained relatively stable".
Does stable mean the same thing to me as it does to you as it does to your neighbor down the street? No.

People see stability in money and owning things.

Others see it in family.

Others see stability in their marriage.

Others see stability in their kids.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
And if you go further into the blogspot you posted, you'll find this:

The Social Pathologist: 03/27/12
And?

That link is in agreement with what I said.

Quote:
Again, we aren't angry.
sure you are. otherwise you wouldn't have attacked me personally straight out the gates with accusations of "insecurity." you would've addressed the merits of what i'd said.

the only question is WHY does this make y'all angry?

Quote:
We just think your line of thinking is silly
We?

Is that the "Royal We" ? Are you a queen speaking on behalf of your court?

Or is this just a thinly veiled attempt at making your position seem "popular" and thus correct?

Quote:
But if you want to go thinking that you won the Interwebz today, go ahead
i will think fondly of this as i eat my lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships