Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 05:43 PM

601 posts, read 758,846 times

Advertisements

if its sooo important to you, then do it yoursef.

same question back at you. Why put up with someone like you?

youre not doing anyone a favor by being with them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Wow...that's disgusting.

Some things just comes out naturally and no one has to remind you. I don't think we're asking for jewelry nor presents but to once in a while, at least do something impressing (and no, taking a woman to McDonalds on a date isn't impressing). I have no problem if I have to split to the bill or paying the whole meal once but if it's gonna be like this every single time (on every single date) and he doesn't even once surprise me.. not even on Christmas or a special occasion, why should I bother with someone like that?

Ideally it would be good if they switch turns (one time he goes the invitation and another time the woman does it... then other times it's split) instead of treating it like a teammate. I'm not your team nor your buddy.

So if he's going to be frugal then it has to be balanced. If on every single date, all he has is get free coupons and it's the same place then yes it would be a turn-off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 05:44 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
You apply this to yourself as well, right? That is, you won’t let a guy pay every single time (since you guys start going out and on), you will surprise him not only in Christmas or his birthday, correct?
Nope, I'm not mean nor do I have this so called ''entitlement'' issue you keep confusing for. I'm referring if I paid the whole meal once or twice, split the bill so many times, suprise him not only on special occasions but he in turn spends it only on himself all the time then that's when it's a turn-off.

But it seems like with some of you, I have to explain this more than 4 times. I tried explaining this once and on another site someone accused me of being a golddigger. Not even close. I don't care about jewelry nor even like it. A true golddigger would have expected to be asked out every day in elegant places. I'm no where close to that.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:46 PM

Now if it's my birthday then obviously it's my day. Same thing vice-versa.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:47 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Nope, I'm not mean nor do I have this so called ''entitlement'' issue you keep confusing for. I'm referring if I paid the whole meal once or twice, split the bill so many times, suprise him not only on special occasions but he in turn spends it only on himself all the time then that's when it's a turn-off.

That’s right. It is a turn off for women to be with a man like that as much as it can be for men to be with a woman like that. So yeah, we’re on the same page.

Quote:
A true golddigger would have expected to be asked out every day in elegant places. I'm no where close to that.

Or never contribute to dating expenses. Just one who feels entitled to have men spend money on them (hence the expression gold-digger) while all they do is pretty much just show up to the date and have a man take care of taking her out to dinners and drinks, entertainment, and so on.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:27 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,109 times
I dated a man who was so broke ( he just came back from Iraq, military) and I paid for a few dates. I never really cared. I actually lend him money, because he was broke and I am a very grateful person to any military person. Anyway, I left him, but it was not about the money. He had PTSD and refused treatment and he also was an alcoholic. I found out he got a dishonorable discharge from the military because he stole loads of prescription drugs. Then he told me he was going back to OK in the bus some could deal drugs ( he was involved with drug dealers). And he also wanted to move in with me. So I think, sometimes is not about the money. Some people are just losers. Ah and he also got arrested for firing a gun while drunk.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:30 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
Miserly men are not sexy.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:50 PM

601 posts, read 758,846 times
nor are gold digging whores with a sense of entitlement. Want something? Get a job and do it yourself. Dont use dating as an excuse to someones wallet
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Miserly men are not sexy.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
same question back at you. Why put up with someone like you?

youre not doing anyone a favor by being with them
You seem like a lost case. I suppose I would have repeat the same thing and you won't get it.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
That’s right. It is a turn off for women to be with a man like that as much as it can be for men to be with a woman like that. So yeah, we’re on the same page.
Yet why does it takes too long to get that?
I got out of that site because I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to explained that more than twice and none seem to get it.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:08 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
nor are gold digging whores with a sense of entitlement. Want something? Get a job and do it yourself. Dont use dating as an excuse to someones wallet
You have control over whom you date. If you choose "gold digging whores" then you're the sucker dude.

Men who allow themselves to be used for their wallets are just idiots. Stop whining and change the women you date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships