Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 08:28 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Denver, CO
You must not like outdoors things, because you live in paradise for outdoors activity. I would have a list of 100 things to do, depending on the time of year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 08:31 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
You must not like outdoors things, because you live in paradise for outdoors activity. I would have a list of 100 things to do, depending on the time of year.

Yeah, I'm not an outdoorsey type. I prefer the city and I happen to think air conditioning is pretty awesome.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:46 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
Why don't you have friends? How long have you been in the area? Do you have co workers that you chat with? How about neighbors? Invite a neighbor over for a get together. If I didn't have a single person to do anything with, I would do everything in my power to change that, ASAP!
If you are shy, become a friend to the elderly, they love visits and will enjoy your company, they are wonderful to visit and they'll be excited to see you.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Tony, I am sorry that you are alone, and that you are alone for your birthday. It is hardest to not have friends on holidays. Are you close enough to any of your co-workers to ask them if they'd like to go out and celebrate your birthday with you? Are you comfortable going to a club or bar by yourself? If the answer is no to both of those questions than I would suggest you buy yourself something that you want but would normally not spend the money on. Get yourself a good movie, get some tasty take-out, a small cake and some gelato and try to make it as good a birthday as you can. Happy Birthday to you.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
It's just an arbitrary holiday that's only there for companies to guilt people into buying other people stuff they probably don't need.

I usually go to my parents house and we have a small dinner (I don't eat cake or sweets so none of that stuff) and then I go home. This last year I actually went out with friends and ended up being the DD and had to drive everyone else's drunk asses home at the end of the night. Super fun birthday.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:13 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Denver, CO
I would have picked up a nice car at DIA, driven the Estes Park loop or gone to one of the resorts past the Eisenhower Tunnel, and treated myself to a nice dinner. If they had a brunch buffet in either of those directions, I would have jumped on it.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:23 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Good lord, dude, this city is MADE for loners. Take the day off from work and enjoy everything it has to offer.

There's a lovely Botanic Gardens to stroll, some amazing bookstores, a few small outlying towns with great "old townes" to wander, some amazing restaurants (a few of which have "community" seating) and breweries, museums out the wazoo, a library system to die for, and that's not even to mention the insane music scene ... Then there's Boulder not far away, and all the stuff they have THERE.

No offense, but for a loner, you're really bad at it. I do what I want around here and have a blast, and if I feel a little awkward ever I just whip out a book and read.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:27 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Good lord, dude, this city is MADE for loners. Take the day off from work and enjoy everything it has to offer.

There's a lovely Botanic Gardens to stroll, some amazing bookstores, a few small outlying towns with great "old townes" to wander, some amazing restaurants (a few of which have "community" seating) and breweries, museums out the wazoo, a library system to die for, and that's not even to mention the insane music scene ... Then there's Boulder not far away, and all the stuff they have THERE.

No offense, but for a loner, you're really bad at it. I do what I want around here and have a blast, and if I feel a little awkward ever I just whip out a book and read.
If you're both in Denver, why don't you meet up and find a similar interest, no more lonely times.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
If you're both in Denver, why don't you meet up and find a similar interest, no more lonely times.
My lonerdom is mainly by choice. I have a bunch of friends here now, but I hang out on my own a lot, too. There's a cute little restaurant where they know me around the corner, and sometimes I'll just take a book on over there and have a quiet, low-key dinner. Sometimes the owners will come out and chat, and that's nice. But mostly I just read and people watch, and enjoy the food, which is inevitably awesome.

But I'm always up for meeting new people. Yo, OP, DM me if you wanna hang.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:46 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
masturbate and eat a cupcake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships