Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 12:32 AM

2 posts, read 1,397 times

Advertisements

A couple years ago I dated this man and the relationship was awesome. We had great sex, great chemistry and got along great as well. The problem was, was that he had recently gotten a divorce so wasnt ready for a commitment so he broke it off after about 4 months. We still kept in touch occasionally the 2 years afterwards and in that time I moved from Houston to Corpus which is about a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive from Houston. I got into a relationship with someone here in Corpus that didnt work out for various reasons and as soon as my ex boyfriend found out that we were breaking up and I was going to Houston for the weekend during Christmas he immediately wanted to meet up. So I went to his place and yes we had sex and it is still just as great as it was before. He is a truck driver and drives pretty much from Houston to New Orleans and back all week. He has drove down to Corpus 3 times since we started seeing each other again and I have driven to Houston 3 times. When I drive to Houston, I drive with him to New Orleans and back in his 18 wheeler. When he comes here, he stays at my place although he could stay with other friends if he wanted to because he knows several people in Corpus Christi. My question is....Would he drive that long of a distance just to have sex or could he possibly be ready for something more serious? We are both 45 years old and to me, I would think he wants more if he drives that far just to have sex and see me. What do you guys think?

The only reason I do not ask him is when I was seeing him previously and brought up us being in a relationship that is when he got scared and ran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 12:38 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
This looks encouraging to me; a 3-4 hour drive just for sex seems absurd to me. And it's really cool that you get to run with him in his rig - to me that suggests he considers you more than a sex partner.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:39 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Ask HIM, no one here would have any idea of what he is wanting, needing or looking for.

The question you really should be asking yourself is: Is he a "truck driver" or does he "drive a truck for a living"?
If you don't know the difference between the two you really need to get that figured out.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:45 AM

2 posts, read 1,397 times
The question you really should be asking yourself is: Is he a "truck driver" or does he "drive a truck for a living"?
If you don't know the difference between the two you really need to get that figured out.

Yes, I know the difference and he drives a truck for a living and is NOT a "truck driver". When it comes to "Lot Lizards" I have completely and totally trusted that he would never have anything to do with them just knowing him and what kind of a man he is.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:09 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times
It's not unusual for a trucker to drive 3-4 hours to drop off his load.

lol

Old 02-06-2014, 05:11 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk668 View Post

Yes, I know the difference and he drives a truck for a living and is NOT a "truck driver". When it comes to "Lot Lizards" I have completely and totally trusted that he would never have anything to do with them just knowing him and what kind of a man he is.
If he's not picking up prostitutes, then it's pretty clear he wants some kind of relationship with you. Just ask him...you're old enough to do that.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:31 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
I think you should ask him again. Don't be scared. If he runs off, then so be it. Better earlier than later.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:33 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
You're just a on the road side piece. I think if he really wanted a relationship he would have said so long ago. He probably has other women that he hooks up with at his other "stops".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships