Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 01:14 PM

322 posts, read 504,479 times

Advertisements

It useless for me to even like a woman. I'm too shy to even say hi to one! I've tried getting rid of my shyness and nothing works. Knowing I can't get a woman to like me, I just bury my feelings and hope they go away for good. I can't approach a woman because I get scared. I do feel sad about this sometimes but I was born this way. I just want to bury my feelings towards women for good and not have to worry about liking them because I can't do anything about it. How do I do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 01:24 PM

457 posts, read 604,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
It useless for me to even like a woman. I'm too shy to even say hi to one! I've tried getting rid of my shyness and nothing works. Knowing I can't get a woman to like me, I just bury my feelings and hope they go away for good. I can't approach a woman because I get scared. I do feel sad about this sometimes but I was born this way. I just want to bury my feelings towards women for good and not have to worry about liking them because I can't do anything about it. How do I do this?
The more women you befriend, the more comfortable you will feel approaching them I think. Try to make friends with women who are not overly attractive to you, since I remember you didn't want to befriend women you have romantic interests in.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:26 PM

339 posts, read 379,795 times
Good ways: Throwing yourself into career, taking up a new hobby and getting passionate about it, reconnecting with old hobbies, get a part time job, volunteer, do community service, mentor a child, coach a sports team, learn a new skill, take a class, start exercising etc. etc.

Bad ways: Start drinking a lot, take up cigarettes/tobacco, get really into gambling, start taking all kinds of different drugs until you settle on one or a few you really like, start compulsively visiting strip clubs/prostitutes, etc. etc. etc.

But at the end of the day, what you're trying to do is not possible.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:28 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Born this way? No. You claim to have had a couple of girlfriends in the past. What changed? Are you losing your marbles or something? Have you seen a psychiatric professional if so?

Old 02-03-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Good ways: Throwing yourself into career, taking up a new hobby and getting passionate about it, reconnecting with old hobbies, get a part time job, volunteer, do community service, mentor a child, coach a sports team, learn a new skill, take a class, start exercising etc. etc.

Bad ways: Start drinking a lot, take up cigarettes/tobacco, get really into gambling, start taking all kinds of different drugs until you settle on one or a few you really like, start compulsively visiting strip clubs/prostitutes, etc. etc. etc.

But at the end of the day, what you're trying to do is not possible.
I have to make it possible. And I don't drink, smoke, gamble, sleep with prostitutes, or go to clubs. Not my things.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:32 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,324 times
Pursue non-romantic opportunities to associate with women, including relatives and co-workers, married or single, young or old, ugly or cute. All have something to teach you, even if they don't know it.

Don't plan conversations, just start with comments or sentences or questions where appropriate.

Pretend to listen when they talk, try to keep your eyes above their necks, act like you've been around females before.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Born this way? No. You claim to have had a couple of girlfriends in the past. What changed? Are you losing your marbles or something? Have you seen a psychiatric professional if so?
I could pet a lion, swim with a shark, try to climb Mt. Everest, dance with wolves and I wouldn't be afraid. When it comes to women, I just get scared of them, I know I'm not good enough.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Pursue non-romantic opportunities to associate with women, including relatives and co-workers, married or single, young or old, ugly or cute. All have something to teach you, even if they don't know it.

Don't plan conversations, just start with comments or sentences or questions where appropriate.

Pretend to listen when they talk, try to keep your eyes above their necks, act like you've been around females before.
Do I just fake this? I'm not used to being around women. They make me nervous.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:48 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Well, you might want to start with addressing your lying. For example, in one thread you said you never met your mother, in another, you live with your mother. Which is it? Why do you feel the need to lie on an anonymous forum?

Old 02-03-2014, 01:55 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
I could pet a lion, swim with a shark, try to climb Mt. Everest, dance with wolves and I wouldn't be afraid. When it comes to women, I just get scared of them, I know I'm not good enough.
Part of your problem seems to be you don't value yourself enough. You say you can do all those things, and I realize you are just giving examples. But what I get from this is you are not a weak and timid person. You've probably done some pretty cool things in your time, right?

You just need to channel your experiences into conversational talking points. That stuff is interesting to someone. Some girl out there has done some of it too and is dying to share her stories with someone. And the way you find her is forums where mutual interests are discussed. I once found myself dating a girl I met on a sports forum where we were talking about football. We both lived in Denver and met up for drinks and had several follow on dates. It can happen. You just need to tap into your experience and explore how it may be of interest to a woman out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships