Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:35 AM

6,453 posts, read 9,816,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
If that's not the most pathetic thing I've ever read on this entire board, I don't know what is.

You obviously have not read any of TVSG's threads if you think this is the most pathetic thing you have read on here haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 08:47 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Hi everyone. I could use some advice on a bit of a situation I'm in..

In August I was in Memphis for on-the-job training (training to be a flight attendant, actually). On my last weekend there (I was there 3 weeks), the next training class came and a few people in our group met up with a few in their group for dinner and drinks.
One of the girls in their group (after a few drinks) started getting a bit crazy and became flirty with me.
Eventually, I flirted back and by the time it was time to walk back to our hotel, we were all over each other. Needless to say, we ended up having sex.
The next day I texted her and we went out for dinner (sober and all). She wasn't nearly as crazy sober as she was drunk and actually seemed like a nice, down to earth girl.
I wasn't sure how she felt about me so I figured the next day (the day I flew back to GA) would be the last day of hearing from her.
Turns out, she texted me and we began chatting on and off every other day or so even after her training was done.
A few weeks ago, we bumped into each other in Detroit, ended up sharing the same hotel for a few hours (as I was called back in to do another flight) and ended up getting a bit frisky (without the sex). Afterwards, we tried to see if we could meet up again in the future.
Turns out, she was overnighting in Greenville, just 2 hours up the road from me a week later and I had the evening off. I drove up and we spent the night with each other (sex and all).

Alright, heres the dilemma. I'm starting to develop feelings for her (though I'm still not sure she feels the same and don't know where things stand besides it being physical). She was kind of nervous/shy the night we were in South Carolina, but I told her not to worry and things carried on from there.
To top things off, she doesn't know that I have a child. I have no idea how to break it to her. FYI, she is asian and moved to the States about 5 years ago. One important detail I need to mention is that she doesn't seem to play games like your typical American girl does. I feel like I can tell her I like her without her being scared away and I LOVE that about her!
Unfortunately, I'm not so sure how she would take the news that I have a child. I don't want to lose her. Don't want to lose the sex either, but I'm sure if I were to break it to her that its guaranteed I won't have any more sex with her. (Geez, I sound like a typical shallow guy don't I?)
Anyway, I would like to be honest with her about it, but I don't want to put our relationship (whatever it is) in jeopardy. BTW, The last time I spoke with her (wednesday night) I tried to apologize if I seemed pushy with the sex in SC (since she had acted shy) and at first she didn't know what I was talking about, then said not to worry about it and that I was overthinking it. (Also, not sure if this matters or not but we're both in our mid to late 20s)

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?

I apologize in advance if my story is all over the place. I did add a few things here and there to help with understanding the situation.
I'd tell her ASAP. Because the truth is going to come out anyway. At least this way you were honest about matters, and it might not be that important to her at this stage. However, if things get serious down the road and you HAVEN'T told her, then it's far worse.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:23 AM

36,533 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Hi everyone. I could use some advice on a bit of a situation I'm in..

In August I was in Memphis for on-the-job training (training to be a flight attendant, actually). On my last weekend there (I was there 3 weeks), the next training class came and a few people in our group met up with a few in their group for dinner and drinks.
One of the girls in their group (after a few drinks) started getting a bit crazy and became flirty with me.
Eventually, I flirted back and by the time it was time to walk back to our hotel, we were all over each other. Needless to say, we ended up having sex.
The next day I texted her and we went out for dinner (sober and all). She wasn't nearly as crazy sober as she was drunk and actually seemed like a nice, down to earth girl.
I wasn't sure how she felt about me so I figured the next day (the day I flew back to GA) would be the last day of hearing from her.
Turns out, she texted me and we began chatting on and off every other day or so even after her training was done.
A few weeks ago, we bumped into each other in Detroit, ended up sharing the same hotel for a few hours (as I was called back in to do another flight) and ended up getting a bit frisky (without the sex). Afterwards, we tried to see if we could meet up again in the future.
Turns out, she was overnighting in Greenville, just 2 hours up the road from me a week later and I had the evening off. I drove up and we spent the night with each other (sex and all).

Alright, heres the dilemma. I'm starting to develop feelings for her (though I'm still not sure she feels the same and don't know where things stand besides it being physical). She was kind of nervous/shy the night we were in South Carolina, but I told her not to worry and things carried on from there.
To top things off, she doesn't know that I have a child. I have no idea how to break it to her. FYI, she is asian and moved to the States about 5 years ago. One important detail I need to mention is that she doesn't seem to play games like your typical American girl does. I feel like I can tell her I like her without her being scared away and I LOVE that about her!
Unfortunately, I'm not so sure how she would take the news that I have a child. I don't want to lose her. Don't want to lose the sex either, but I'm sure if I were to break it to her that its guaranteed I won't have any more sex with her. (Geez, I sound like a typical shallow guy don't I?)
Anyway, I would like to be honest with her about it, but I don't want to put our relationship (whatever it is) in jeopardy. BTW, The last time I spoke with her (wednesday night) I tried to apologize if I seemed pushy with the sex in SC (since she had acted shy) and at first she didn't know what I was talking about, then said not to worry about it and that I was overthinking it. (Also, not sure if this matters or not but we're both in our mid to late 20s)

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?

I apologize in advance if my story is all over the place. I did add a few things here and there to help with understanding the situation.

Quote:
She may be waiting, but I guess I'm just trying to cut myself off from her for a few days (if she doesn't text or call me) so I can get a grip on the whole situation.

This whole situation may be worsened by the fact that I was stupid and had sex with her on both occasions without a condom (even after her telling me she wasn't on birth control). Ugh. Those "in the moment" times.
Sounds like you are playing games. Russian roulette anyone?

Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
If that's not the most pathetic thing I've ever read on this entire board, I don't know what is.
he's at least considering the criticism he's getting

that puts the thread light years above many threads on CDR. half the threads here are from people who won't ever listen to any other viewpoint, ever

Old 10-11-2012, 01:29 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Sounds like you are playing games. Russian roulette anyone?
Sounds like it, but I did need the time to cool my jets and further evaluate my situation. I texted her on Sunday after a few days of not hearing from her & have talked a bit more since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
he's at least considering the criticism he's getting

that puts the thread light years above many threads on CDR. half the threads here are from people who won't ever listen to any other viewpoint, ever
Thanks for that comment. I really am trying to hear everyone out.

BTW, I spoke with her on the phone tonight and was able to talk with her about what our status was and the fact that I like her. I also told her that there was something else I wanted to discuss in person, but she actually got it out of me by a lucky guess. So, at this point she knows I have a child and she took it very well thankfully!

Now we're both on the same page and I don't have this terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'd been having for so long! Ahh, such a great feeling to get it off my chest!

Old 10-13-2012, 08:37 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Wonderful! I bet you feel like a huge weight has been taken off of you.

So keep up the contact and see if you can meet her in NY like you mentioned. This time bring the condoms!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships