Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 04:58 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,307,370 times

Advertisements

This is like...an unbelievable situation.

So I was hanging after work at a bar/restaurant with one of my old co-workers. I had a check in my purse and apparently dropped it sometime before leaving the restaurant. We were talking to a pair of nice looking friendly set of blond male twins who thought it was interesting that I had a twin and who come to one of my jobs on a regular basis.

Somehow my check ended up in one of the twins' hands. He asks my old co-worker for my number saying he will see me at my job and give me a my check.

He texts me that morning and says he has my check. I was happy and relieved seeing I couldn't find it.

Then he says, "I'll ride over to your place with my bike to give it to you I like bike riding." I'm like, "That's not necessary, you live in Manhattan and I work in Manhattan so you can just give me my check there."

Yet he texts back, at 1 AM asking me if he can deliver the check to my place. I'm like, "No bro."

He keeps texting me throughout the day telling me how attractive he thinks I am and how turned on he is by me. NO MENTION OF GIVING ME MY CHECK. I'm like, can I pick it up tomorrow???

He instead sends me a series of pictures of himself. I REPEAT, I AM NOT JOKING OR KIDDING IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Here is one of them.

HOW CAN I GET THIS GUY TO GIVE ME MY CHECK??? Isn't this illegal or something???

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 06:59 PM..

Old 10-13-2012, 05:08 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,915 times
I don't find this situation bizarre as it seems most guys manipulate, coerce, or indirectly pursue gals and ignore what gals say if it's not what he wants to hear as 'gals don't know what they want'.

Probably suited to keep responding to his text messages with statements or questions about your check such as 'What time and place will you be able to give me my check'.

Probably better suited to cancel that check and request a new one.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Call your work - ask them to reissue your check and cancel the one that he has.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Probably suited to keep responding to his text messages with statements or questions about your check such as 'What time and place will you be able to give me my check'.
I've done that several times and he keeps a) saying he wants to come to apartment (NO WAY IN HELL) b) or avoiding and turning the conversation sexual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Probably better suited to cancel that check and request a new one.
My job charges me to reissue a check.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I've done that several times and he keeps a) saying he wants to come to apartment (NO WAY IN HELL) b) or avoiding and turning the conversation sexual.

Possibly try telling him 'No means no I'm not not interested in you. The only reason I'm communicating with you is because I'm charged to reissue a check so when can I get my check.'

Likely you're going to be paying the reissue fee as he seems to be like many guys having deaf ears to when a gal says no.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:14 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
I have to admit, as a guy I used to use the same tactic against women. I remember some years ago I found some chicks blackberry, I wont give it back to her until we met up. She was a cute out of town white midwestern type of woman. I saw some nude pictures aswell as video samples of herself with a guy on her phone, I'm like wow what a freak! She came to my job, I returned her phone, nothing came out of it btw. Its a great tactic to try and lure women and try your luck if anything works out.

What should you do, its up to you, you sound like a very committed type of chick and dont want anything extra outside of your relationship, just call your employer to reissue you a new check and call it a day. If you want to blow him off for you paycheck, thats really on you!

Old 10-13-2012, 05:14 PM

It's not like he's saying he WON'T give it back, it's so frustrating.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:15 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times
Quote:
Then block his calls and pay the re-issue fee unless you just want to keep enjoying this drama.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I have to admit, as a guy I used to use the same tactic against women. I remember some years ago I found some chicks blackberry, I wont give it back to her until we met up. She was a cute out of town white midwestern type of woman. I saw some nude pictures aswell as video samples of herself with a guy on her phone, I'm like wow what a freak! She came to my job, I returned her phone, nothing came out of it btw. Its a great tactic to try and lure women and try your luck if anything works out.
Are you KIDDING? That's awful! How could you do that to someone? Phones, checks, that's people's money! You don't use things that people need as chips in order to get something out of them.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
It's not like he's saying he WON'T give it back, it's so frustrating.
Seems more like he's avoiding any definite to giving you your check until he gets what he wants which in my opinion it's a typical guy tactic to coerce a gal into doing what he wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.