Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 01:08 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I am starting to realize why I have never had a girlfriend

I have love shyness. I hate approaching women and I often times feel very uncomfortable around women who I'm attracted to. It happened again today when I got my hair cut and I felt awkward around my hair stylist.

I don't feel like this around beautiful women who are not potential romantic prospects - I would say all of my friend's girlfriends like me quite a bit and almost all of them are attractive to various degrees. I was out with some friends a while back and this girl (my friend's girlfriend) told me "you're perfect, I dunno how any girl wouldn't want to go out with you. You're a total sweetheart". That felt really good

Damn, I need to see a shrink
Stuff like this happened to me when i was your age all the time. I was really shy and introverted as a young pup, i was told by girls that i was good looking and whatnut, but when it came to dating me, they somehow werent interested even though i was interested. What you are going thru isnt completely abnormal. I dont want to say its NORMAL, but its far from shrink territory.

If you are shy and not outwardly confident, you eliminate a large portion of your dating pool...women are looking for a man who can kick some ass and 'protect' them.

Girls love men who can protect them, they need to feel that if the chips are down, their boyfriend can cause some havoc if they are in danger. Now, the girl doesnt want you to start fights or pick fights or act like a 'tough guy' but they need to feel like you CAN defend them, even though you probably never will have to.

As time wore on, i 'broke out' of my shell and i'm a totally different person today than i was at 23. You could just be a late bloomer, it might take some time for you to break out of this, but it will happen at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 04:19 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,607,016 times
everything is gonna be your responsibility since you are a guy unfortuneately

Old 11-02-2012, 05:41 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
this wasn't what was coming to mind for me. a shrink isn't going to help you meet girls, and you don't seem crazy.. yet.

you've already got plenty of money, you look good, so you've got a HUGE leg up on a lot of guys. Given time you ought to become more comfortable in your skin, and things should improve for you.

just don't go do something stupid and marry the first girl you start dating.

Last edited by le roi; 11-02-2012 at 05:51 PM..

Old 11-12-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
this wasn't what was coming to mind for me. a shrink isn't going to help you meet girls, and you don't seem crazy.. yet.

you've already got plenty of money, you look good, so you've got a HUGE leg up on a lot of guys. Given time you ought to become more comfortable in your skin, and things should improve for you.

just don't go do something stupid and marry the first girl you start dating.
and girls don't have to be comfortable in their own skin

Old 12-06-2012, 07:58 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
I'm going to make a long story short. I'm 23 years old and have never had a girlfriend. The issue is I was fat for many years so that destroyed my self esteem. About 5 years ago, I got into good shape via bodybuilding but my success never changed. I'm still forever alone. What complicates things for me is my sexual inexperience makes me hesitant to get into a relationship. Will a girl be okay with the fact that my endurance is going to be awful for a week or so? After that I should be able to last forever. I can last an hour masturbating right now

Overall I think I'm a decent catch. I make pretty good money (about 70-90K a year), I have a good social life and I am fairly intelligent. I'm also in good shape (I work out all the time). In terms of character, I'm very loyal to my loved ones and would do anything for them. All I really want is a girlfriend at this point, I don't care at all about sleeping around and the prospect of being a player does absolutely nothing for me.

I guess I just feel completely hopeless. My lack of success has made me feel like getting a girlfriend is just absolutely impossible and I often contemplate the idea of being single my whole life. Hell, I think I would pay 5 grand just for a girl to go out on a couple dates with me and give me a chance to win her over

What do you guys I think I should do? Here's a picture of me if you're curious what I look like BTW -

Did you ever try to get in touch with Armenian community ( which is fairly big on the West Coast from what I remember ) and let them know that you are searching for a mate?
May be that's what you really need and that's what might work out for you.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:27 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Did you ever try to get in touch with Armenian community ( which is fairly big on the West Coast from what I remember ) and let them know that you are searching for a mate?
May be that's what you really need and that's what might work out for you.
Yeah, a trip to San Francisco would be a nice vacation.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
OP, here's how we're similar:

- both good looking
- both have a lot of money
- both are young
- both work A LOT (I think I actually work more than you)

Here's how we're different:

- I approach a lot
- I don't care about rejection
- I don't make excuses for myself

Our differences are what determines how successful we are with women.

Hint: our similarities matter very little in our ability to get girls.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:21 PM

why do i get the feeling captain jack is right

Old 12-08-2012, 04:42 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
I am starting to realize why I have never had a girlfriend

I have love shyness. I hate approaching women and I often times feel very uncomfortable around women who I'm attracted to. It happened again today when I got my hair cut and I felt awkward around my hair stylist.

I don't feel like this around beautiful women who are not potential romantic prospects - I would say all of my friend's girlfriends like me quite a bit and almost all of them are attractive to various degrees. I was out with some friends a while back and this girl (my friend's girlfriend) told me "you're perfect, I dunno how any girl wouldn't want to go out with you. You're a total sweetheart". That felt really good

What's so bad about seeing a shrink?

Old 12-08-2012, 04:51 PM

206 posts, read 269,218 times
Real talk, this is very simple. YOU ARE A GIANT VAG. Heterosexual women don't want vag. Turn off your brain, find your balls, and go approach women. You work out. What you're doing is saying "I want to get stronger, but I don't want to move heavy things." Can't be done. Welcome to the real world, where if you want a certain result you must take a certain action. Do it, or be forever alone. Either way, shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships