Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 03:15 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,974 times

Advertisements

I am curious about a certain matter, if you will indulge my stupidity, City Data.

To be succinct about this, essentially in the time I've moved to the States, I've been much more outgoing than I have been in the past three years. Not only has my therapist recommended that I be socially active, but as a very young male it's fairly obvious that I have a craving for both sexual and romantic companionship that even my most nihilistic moods cannot squash.

You might ask what is wrong with this, to which I would answer, absolutely nothing! And yet, I run into a few snaggly waggleys.

I've managed over the past several weeks to secure a good amount of numbers, a good deal more than I ever would have managed a few years prior.

This would seem to be a good thing, except that a vast majority of these numbers never turn out to be anything useful. I am at a dance class, or a cooking class, or a bar, or a club, and I meet a very interesting lady, and she more or less tells me to my face that she is interested in me, and gives me her number.

And then nothing bloody happens, and she never returns any of my calls (including the first one, I'm not talking bombarding her with calls), and I'm left feeling fairly bewildered. It's not like we even go out on a first date, and then I commit a terrible mistake, and she slaps me with an Atlantic Seabass. I'm talking even before that can be arranged, she falls off the face of the planet. What gives?

This has happened three times now. I can only conclude that I am doing something wrong. Or I am choosing the wrong women.....EXCEPT...these are the only women in my demographic that I can find without moving to Mormon controlled Utah. The only way I could avoid this would be dating women old enough to be my bloody mother.

Understandably, all of this has left me rather hornswaggled. So I beseech you, fellow internet denizens, to give me a bit of guidance. Am I doing something wrong with these women? It's unlikely that all three of these ladies just happened to be "not into me," I rather suspect that they might have been were it not for some mistake that I committed that I have no awareness of. Since I said nothing that could be construed as offensive or even mildly rude, I can only conclude that I was more boring than paint drying. Any way I can be...not like this?

With that, I'll bid you all adieu. Good night. Also, Giants rock, scarlet avians can suck it. (Reference to the recent World Series game.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 03:41 AM

368 posts, read 577,722 times
Never call them the same day you get their number, you'll just seem like some kind of thirsty hound, I usually wait 2-3 days then call to see if they even remember me, if not, chances are they weren't that interested to begin with. If they're not even picking up your calls, they definitely aren't interested in you lol, chances are they gave you some random number just to blow you off politely xD

Old 10-22-2012, 04:29 AM

429 posts, read 1,148,527 times
I have to agree with Shaquille; sounds like they're giving you fake numbers. Could that be the case?

Old 10-22-2012, 04:43 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,835,338 times
Your vocab is awesome OP.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:53 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
It might be a run of bad luck. Sounds to me like you're doing things the right way.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:39 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,111,132 times
I agree - your vocabulary rocks. Anyway, I think it's probably because they don't want to reject you outright. So they give you the number with no real intentions of actually going on a date. I think you're doing everything right though! Keep doing what you are doing and eventually you'll meet a girl who is serious about getting together with you!

Old 10-22-2012, 09:50 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
Mistake No. 1 .... you are getting her number. That puts her in control. You should be exchanging numbers. Make sure you give the lady your number. Then wait for her to call. If she likes you she will ... if she doesn't she will not. That then puts you in control and you can decide if you want to see her again or not.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:11 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
I dunno, I hate to suggest this, but maybe you should just text them first? It annoys the hell out of me when guys just fall into that texting thing and don't call, but I think that might be more the standard for people younger than me (I'm 36.).

You're adorable and you have an accent, in addition to your spectacular vocabulary. They should be swooning.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:11 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I dunno, I hate to suggest this, but maybe you should just text them first? It annoys the hell out of me when guys just fall into that texting thing and don't call, but I think that might be more the standard for people younger than me (I'm 36.).

You're adorable and you have an accent, in addition to your spectacular vocabulary. They should be swooning.
Thank you for the kind response. Also directed to everyone else . I am a writer so...it would be bad if my vocabulary was not up to scratch as well. Of course, writers make no money, I should have pursued a business career...hehe. Hell...even the bloody trumpet guy in Union Square makes more money in quarters than I do, even though he's hilariously out of tune.

As for whether they should be swooning..well, that's what alot of older women have said to me. But apparently most women my age just think I'm wierd, or uninteresting. And yet mildly unthreatening, so instead of telling me to **** off, they pretend to be interested and then politely disappear.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:22 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,847 times
Don't take it personally. Women in general are pretty flaky so probably at least 50% of the numbers you get are flaky. That's life, so you are going to have to deal with it. Best way to is not get emotionally attached to any of them, that way you won't get pissed off the flakiness of some girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships