Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2012, 10:03 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
Like I said in my PM, if you weren't trying to insinuate it, you would have chosen another analogy or specifically pointed out that you are not trying to place bisexual men and HIV in the same corner.
medically speaking--one can increase the chances of hiv when sleeping with one who enters the back door as frequently as the front and those that do should tell their partners as a requirement(or submit themselves to a clorox dip pre dipping into the love pool every time()
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 10:06 PM

482 posts, read 799,259 times
Quote:
Like I said in my PM, if you weren't trying to insinuate it, you would have chosen another analogy or specifically pointed out that you are not trying to place bisexual men and HIV in the same corner.
Please go back, and read my post. And when you do,come back and apologize to me, for not being a bigot that time.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:09 PM

701 posts, read 1,563,300 times
Sorry, I don't see a need for an apology. I feel that you are biphobic, and I have gleaned that from your previous posts within this topic. I will not apologize for calling you a bigot because that is how I feel as a bisexual woman.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I don't see a need for an apology. I feel that you are biphobic, and I have gleaned that from your previous posts within this topic. I will not apologize for calling you a bigot because that is how I feel as a bisexual woman.
But you called me a bigot, when I was not. I will admit that I have my bigoted ways, and I am set in them,but that post about people having HIV,was uncalled for.I was not talking about bisexual men/gay men having HIV in particular I was talking about everyone that have it.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:17 PM

701 posts, read 1,563,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
But you called me a bigot, when I was not. I will admit that I have my bigoted ways, and I am set in them,but that post about people having HIV,was uncalled for.I was not talking about bisexual men/gay men having HIV in particular I was talking about everyone that have it.
Okay, I apologize for believing you were equating bisexual men and HIV and calling you a bigot on those grounds. However, I still do believe you are a bigot based upon your negative ideas about bisexual men.

Happy?

Old 10-30-2012, 11:17 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
if msann is in fact australia's (younger) version of eileen brennan, exhaling from her cigarette as she watches the world go by, then i don't think that type misses much. They're interesting to talk to ... And that's about it.
lmao.

:d

Old 10-31-2012, 05:29 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
I have no problem with gay men, or bisexual men.I just think it's it's weird, or mess up, that bisexual men will not admit the damn truth about themselves, or just stick with men,since it seems like the more logical choice,since they only like women because society tells them too,they really don't like women.

Thanks for you concern,but I am emotionally stable.
The bold part is a problem for you. You have created an idea that is false about bisexual men and you cling to that idea with force to the point where you need to repeatedly start threads and post to reinforce your belief that bisexual men are not truly bisexual and hate women. It's clear to anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of psychology that you have a deep seeded disturbance that should be addressed. It most likely will (if it doesn't already) manifest itself in your personal relationships with men (romantic or otherwise) as a "witch hunt" type scenario where you are so busy looking for "signs" and accusing men in your life of being misogynistic, closeted gays, that your relationships and your disposition in life will suffer. Though it appears it already has.

Again. I'm not angry with you, Rural Gal. I'm just concerned for your well being.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:56 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,659,374 times
I finally read through the whole thread.

This has done more to convince me that some people love to scream "BIGOT" than anything else.

I am not interested in dating 80 year olds, either. Am I bigoted towards elders? I won't date or marry my boss. I'm not bigoted towards people in management. I won't (knowingly) date or sleep with or marry bisexual men - which is a topic completely unrelated to my total acceptance and respect for each and every one of the preceeding groups.

I just can't imagine jumping from "I don't want to mash my genitals against him" to "you view him as lesser and want to oppress him and deny him basic human rights." Just... insane.

Now, I've actually been giving some thought to the idea that a bisexual man would/would not be more likely to cheat than a hetero man.

In a perfect scenario, I agree that he would not. He is in a relationship, and can commit to his partner in that relationship. But he operates under conditions where he may be attracted to twice as many people as his hetero counterpart. He is constantly in a situation where he absolutely cannot have half of the sexual and intimate experiences that he innately craves. So I should ignore human nature, and the fact that I will NEVER be able to do some things for him that he desire, when there are about a million men without that issue?

Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Why would anyone stay with someone who is bisexual. He or she is inherently therefore someone who will cheat.

Love. If you love someone for who they are then you are open to them having sex with someone of the same sex. IF you can't get past that & you ask them to only be with you then your not loving them for who they truly are. More likey you never did or will.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Okay, I apologize for believing you were equating bisexual men and HIV and calling you a bigot on those grounds. However, I still do believe you are a bigot based upon your negative ideas about bisexual men.

Happy?
Awww.Thank YOU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships