Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 06:49 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,676,800 times

Advertisements

I just get the sense that it'll never happen for me.

Why?

I'm an isolationist...I don't talk to a lot of people...let alone girls that I find attractive. I can go days without talking to anyone...and I like living in places where there's no one around for miles...
I'm a perfectionist...if she isn't close to perfect, or working towards that end, I lose interest.
I can never make up my mind. Even if there were two girls who were interested in me and I liked them both, I wouldn't be a able to decide. It's like I have this conception that she must be the only one for me..meant for me..which just isn't the way the world works.
My standards are too high...very few people I've ever met meet them. So far, just one...and I chickened out.
I chicken out...I guess, I'm not ready.
I'm poor. Explains itself.
I'm lazy. Don't like working...favorite thing to do is sit and do nothing..
I'm unreasonable...I like things the way I like them..
I need to be cajoled into doing anything...seriously, I won't even do the dishes unless someone is yelling at me.
I always think I'm right...I don't understand people who don't.
I complain a lot.
I'm rude...not to people's faces..but behind their backs...
I'm black....and I don't get along with black women.
I'm white...which white people don't agree with. Their loss..
I'm overly sensitive...I tend to get angry at things easily.
I get frustrated at myself and go into week long moods...snapping at everyone.
In short, I don't like many people (and many girls) and I'm not too likeable myself (even I can barely tolerate me...).

So, it's like, I'll die alone I guess...it's sad but you are who you are...what can you do?

Can't change who you are...

Old 10-28-2012, 06:56 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,761,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II I View Post
Can't change who you are...

you evidently never saw Face/Off with Nicholas Cage and John Travolta.

no, seriously though, a good bit of life is a self-fulfilling prophecy; that is, if you believe it, then it's true.

my view is that it's really not helpful to apply labels to yourself. i get lazy, for example, but i don't call myself lazy because i also get motivated at times. I complain, but I don't think of myself as a complainer, because I recall I've dealt quietly with my share of bad situations. I'm guessing you're more balanced than you're currently giving yourself credit for.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:01 AM

Lol it's like my third favorite movie...

I thought of some more:

I'm very self critical. It's like I like think in terms of the worst scenarios possible...
I'm a smoker.
I'm wirey thin, it's like I'm Somalian...
I don't like taking showers. I **** and moan all the way to the bathroom everytime...ever since I was a kid.

Feel free to add your own.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:04 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,833,503 times
You will have love in your life- cos' it sounds like you know yourself...except your self..and are honest with yourself...Which means you can be honest with others...That is called being a good man...Good men are not popular these days- a lot of young woman would rather be with a superficial liar than with a good man...BUT...there are highly intelligent GOOD woman out there..rare but they exist. Don't close the door to the angels....NOW...as for "dying alone" - in the end we all die alone...and that is just the way it is...I am sure when a human being is near death and laying on their death bed- the last thought they have is whether they are alone or not...It is such a serious moment that trivial things like being alone are not part of the equation- contemplation of eternity would dominate your thoughts.

Don't worry so much - sounds like you got the luxury to take the time to get to know yourself- now that - you have got that out of the way- carry on- You are what they call self educated...now you are a graduate...continue with your life and stop acting like some old man.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:18 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,212,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
You will have love in your life- cos' it sounds like you know yourself...except your self..and are honest with yourself...Which means you can be honest with others...That is called being a good man...Good men are not popular these days- a lot of young woman would rather be with a superficial liar than with a good man...BUT...there are highly intelligent GOOD woman out there..rare but they exist. Don't close the door to the angels....NOW...as for "dying alone" - in the end we all die alone...and that is just the way it is...I am sure when a human being is near death and laying on their death bed- the last thought they have is whether they are alone or not...It is such a serious moment that trivial things like being alone are not part of the equation- contemplation of eternity would dominate your thoughts.

Don't worry so much - sounds like you got the luxury to take the time to get to know yourself- now that - you have got that out of the way- carry on- You are what they call self educated...now you are a graduate...continue with your life and stop acting like some old man.
He lists a laundry lists of pretty terrible faults and personality traits and you follow up with he's a good man and it's women's fault.

And we all don't die alone. My brother didn't die alone.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:26 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,923,199 times
Why do you care about dying alone so much?

I assume you're in your 20s so that's probably 50+ years from now, anyway.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Why do you care about dying alone so much?

I assume you're in your 20s so that's probably 50+ years from now, anyway.
It's not so much dying alone that's the problem...rather...it's living alone for 50+ years.

That's going to suck. No company, no kids, no sex, limited financial opportunities etc etc

Old 10-28-2012, 07:42 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,843,445 times
Dude you need to smoke some weed and relax.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:46 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,396,542 times
Everyone dies alone. It doesn't matter if their death bed is surrounded by 20 people, they die alone and whatever happens to them after death, happens to them and no one in that room. Worrying about tomorrow is always a recipe for unhappiness in any case. People who brood about death (unless death is imminent), are almost univerally miserable people who others avoid like the plague.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:50 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,396,566 times
Almost all of those things that are actual drawbacks and character flaws are fixable. If you just want to sit around and wallow in your own misery, well, more power to you. But don't expect sympathy on here.

If you do want to make changes (rather than sitting their claiming changes can't be made), start with getting some sort of therapy. Many places will have a sliding scale or if you have insurance it will reduce the cost.

If dying alone is that much of a horror to you, you could make changes. Honestly, the way you describe yourself, I'd run screaming. Any sane person would.

So either stop complaining about how you're CHOOSING to be the miserable person that you are describing, or take some action to improve yourself. If you post about the latter, you'll probably get a lot of support and encouragement here. But the current pity party is just attention seeking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships