Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:06 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

yes, sickly thin....and she does get sick a lot...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 09:30 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Alot of anorexics do it it subconsciously on purpose...look at Nicole Ritchie....the poor me syndrome.... and the media/people do pay alot more attention, as she looks like a walking skeleton. IMO its a psychological illness.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:53 AM

have you ever heard of an emotional vampire?

Well, I consider my daughter in law one....it is a term used for someone who makes her problems your problems...and they literally drain you of energy...
sheesh, it is exhausting....

Nothing pleases her, and if something does, it's like a huge milestone...
she calculates and manipulates....it's always got to be about her...for her, when she says and how she says....everything has to be perfect...

she is extremely high maintenance...in all ways, meaning, emotionally and indeed materialistically....everything has to be the best...so there is no money left for house furnishings...everything goes on her back and face....she must and demands diamonds for gifts i.e. birthday, Christmas, valentines day...and it is always about her at everyone else's expense, though she has no consideration for anyone else...she never calls to say thank you for this or that...basically she doesn't like what you give her...and she thows very expensive things out if she doesn't like it....

I sent my grand daughter money, for her birthday, it wasn't enough, so she tore it up?????? My grand daughter started to leave me a message on the phone....saying, thank you for the card, it's ok there wasn't anything in it....and my son, broke in and told her not to say that...she's only 5..LOL

So, this girl I first started the thread about, isn't nearly as bad...however, she is high maintenance, and does drain you emotionally.....

There must be a lot of emotional vampires around....

My oh my, it would be so nice to live somewhere, where there are no people, no opinions, no one taking your personal space away from you, yanno....ya gotta love peace...

Sorry, I don't mean to *****....

just been bothering me a lot lately....

Old 10-11-2007, 10:03 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
So how much longer are you going to torture yourself before you come to Alaska? We have just what your looking for! Peace. Of course we do have phones and mail boxes. So you may have to read her letters or talk on the phone.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:44 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,150 times
Six years ago I had a Twilight Zone year CremeB...know exactly what you are saying about people, etc.

By 2003, I had it figured out. I customized my life to be void of new people (see New Neighbor Relations, lol.) I actually LOVE coming home from work to find that the phone had not rung once. I know that when it does ring, it will be someone I love.

Who was it that said they do their little list at night...a gratitude list? (From another thread.)

Every night, before I go to sleep I say my list and on that list is

"I am grateful for this beautiful house and the safety, security, and SOLITUDE it provides me."

I hadn't been bothered by a soul until Mr. Pot Head Pillow Stealer moved in last week (and for those of you keeping score, he has yet to be evicted.)

I think that is why I assign a personality disorder to everyone I do have problems with (at work....my home life is great), because when I think of them as having an illness, I feel sorry for them rather than let them get the best of me.

The best thing about my divorce was that I didn't have to deal with my emotional vampire (excellent term) of a mother-in-law anymore...again, another story.

Count yourself blessed that you weren't born an emotional vampire...I don't want to imagine what that life must be like.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
So how much longer are you going to torture yourself before you come to Alaska? We have just what your looking for! Peace. Of course we do have phones and mail boxes. So you may have to read her letters or talk on the phone.

yes, your right, but....I have to work to live yanno....and, I don't know if I'd like Alaska...I mean, it certainly is the last Frontier (God's Country) wide open spaces, but I hate cold weather and snow, and I can't shovel anymore...

I don't talk to my daughter in law anymore...I refuse to allow myself to be her victim...

and I even if I got a phone, only a few people would have the number, believe me.

seriously, Rance, I'm not good with people anymore...and I'm wondering if it's me and I'm the one with the personality disorder...I'm taking care of my mother and there are a lot of ideas from my sisters and brother who have her in mind only....but it is a lot of stress, and I just cannot leave her now...yanno....and I believe that is part of the problem, I'm loosing patience with people....plus I am not your average woman...very cut and dry, of few words, (bleieve it or not) and hate confrontations, shopping and soap operas.

I just seem to be very impatient with people.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
Six years ago I had a Twilight Zone year CremeB...know exactly what you are saying about people, etc.

By 2003, I had it figured out. I customized my life to be void of new people (see New Neighbor Relations, lol.) I actually LOVE coming home from work to find that the phone had not rung once. I know that when it does ring, it will be someone I love.

Who was it that said they do their little list at night...a gratitude list? (From another thread.)

Every night, before I go to sleep I say my list and on that list is

"I am grateful for this beautiful house and the safety, security, and SOLITUDE it provides me."

I hadn't been bothered by a soul until Mr. Pot Head Pillow Stealer moved in last week (and for those of you keeping score, he has yet to be evicted.)

I think that is why I assign a personality disorder to everyone I do have problems with (at work....my home life is great), because when I think of them as having an illness, I feel sorry for them rather than let them get the best of me.

The best thing about my divorce was that I didn't have to deal with my emotional vampire (excellent term) of a mother-in-law anymore...again, another story.

Count yourself blessed that you weren't born an emotional vampire...I don't want to imagine what that life must be like.
Well, I've cut my son and her off, and I swear, if he shows up at my door, I'm going to tell him straight out...unless you go to long term counseling, don't even consider coming back into my life....not after the way he's treated me and talked to me....I cannot believe this is my son...he's not the same person I knew...?

and the more I try to seclude my life, the more people see to be in it. sheeeesh....

I thought you grew more patience as you grow older?

bummer

Old 10-11-2007, 11:12 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Sounds like you need some minor meditation. And just keep telling her to quit her all the time whining. Eventually she may shift to a more positive attitude around you or avoid you altogether. It's a win win situation.
You don't like shopping?

Old 10-11-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Sounds like you need some minor meditation. And just keep telling her to quit her all the time whining. Eventually she may shift to a more positive attitude around you or avoid you altogether. It's a win win situation.
You don't like shopping?
thanks, I'll try it....

No, I don't, I hate shopping....period.....shopping for anything...I hate it...

ahhh, did you say meditation or medication? LOL

Old 10-11-2007, 11:47 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,150 times
I hate shopping TOO! I do indulge in CBS soaps from time to time because I like a good laugh (Brooke has married how many times!!!).

I do like grocery shopping, but shopping for anything else...you might as well throw spiders at me (EEEKKK!).

I've simplified everything since my divorce so well (depends on your perspective) that I wear only jeans and only turtlenecks...in the summer....jeans and a few tunics. VOTED MOST LIKELY TO BE SEEN IN THE SAME THING YOU SAW HER IN LAST TIME.....the winner is...{drumroll} MainStreet!!!! Come up here young lady and collect your prize!!!! A new bra and new underwear, because he know you hate to shop!!

Right now I'm out of my 12% Alpha Hydrox (my fountain of youth) and the store I usually get it at (Walgreens) omitted it. So that means I have to drive further to the city Walmart (where you are sure to hear profanity in the short walk from your car to the front door) and stand in line forever for one thing. But hey, this lovely face (tongue in cheek)....it's worth it, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships