Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 06:31 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,045,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Yeah and things aren't always hunky in those 3rd world countries either. I heard a story while in Nam by an older Brit gentleman who was with a quite young Thai girl and about the time he began dating her, her father went out and bought a new truck and made her sign for it. The family then made the Brit guy understand that if he ever broke up with the girl that they would sell her into prostitution to pay off the truck. The man was feeling trapped at that point and he didn't say it at the time but I had the feeling that he was ready to break up with her but didn't because he had enough of a conscience to not want her to go into prostitution on his account. I had a little more sympathy for these men than I had before but I wonder how many men would have let her go into prostitution when they were finished with her. America may not be perfect but at least our women can support themselves if they have to and TG for it.
Yes foreign women that come from these kind of cultures expect men to support them and the entire family back home. Their families see the American man as an ATM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 07:14 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,992,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Finding a large pool of American women who are fine with this lifestyle isn't going to happen because that cultural mind set died in the U.S after the women's movement. The only way a woman can be happy in a relationship like the one you are suggesting is if she has been indoctrinated to believe that her sex makes her inferior. American women aren't into repressing themselves while their man does as he pleases.
It's not about a large pool, as you put it. There are not a large pool of fit attractive people in this country yet one can still find fit attractive people here.

It's not about inferiority. It's about realizing that 75% of a person is better than 100% of 80% of 100% of the rest of the dating population.

It's also about trade offs and being rational and analytical.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I did stay ON TOPIC and trust me I know exactly what it is like to NOT become emotionally attached to someone and I CAN be quite happy with a simple sexual only relationship and there was NO moral judgement at all from me. I simply stated what I would do with you and your double standard.

I seriously would stick with the countries you can find this situation in and stay away from American Women because most of us would laugh in your face just because you even had the thought that this was going to be just fine with us let alone actually saying it out loud.
I am not concerned with "most of you" or what the average person would expect.

for better or for worse, i am not average and do not lead an average lifestyle.

there is a line from the Great Gatsby I want you to think of...do you know what that is...

Old 11-03-2012, 07:19 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,215,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
It's not about a large pool, as you put it. There are not a large pool of fit attractive people in this country yet one can still find fit attractive people here.

It's not about inferiority. It's about realizing that 75% of a person is better than 100% of 80% of 100% of the rest of the dating population.

The best women can get 100% of her best male counterpart, so why would they settle?

Old 11-03-2012, 07:22 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,077,988 times
Quote:
I am not concerned with "most of you" or what the average person would expect.

for better or for worse, i am not average and do not lead an average lifestyle.

there is a line from the Great Gatsby I want you to think of...do you know what that is...
Here's a few that spring to mind:

"I hope she'll be a fool--that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool... You see, I think everything's terrible anyhow... And I know. I've been everywhere and seen everything and done everything."

Not it? Ok, maybe this one:

"There is no confusion like the confusion of a simple mind, and as we drove away Tom was feeling the hot whips of panic. His wife and his mistress, until an hour ago secure and inviolate, were slipping precipitately from his control."

No, no - must be this one!

"They were careless people, Tom and Daisy--they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money of their vast carelessness, or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made."

Old 11-03-2012, 07:25 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,942,334 times
Ummm..yeah. Fantasy world if you think the women in Francy, Italy, and Spain put up with that crap. You say you want a woman to be faithful to you while you screw whores around the globe. Nope. The unspoken affairs game works BOTH ways in Europe. Across the whole world, the only women that would put up with that double standard have low self-esteem or are taking your money and lying to you about their fidelity.

Good luck. LMAO. The internet is a great place for fantasy living.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:56 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,655,189 times
Quote:

I would take 0% of a person before I would EVER settle for 50 or 75%.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,196,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The best women can get 100% of her best male counterpart, so why would they settle?
Exactly.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
And that is exactly what you have managed to do. One thing that doesn't ring true though and that makes me wonder about the veracity of this thread more than anything though is why you didn't marry Olga. She was fine with your lifestyle, you say you loved and respected her, and she wasn't going to stop you so why didn't you? She had her limits and wouldn't sign the prenup?

And LOL on the FOX news and voting for Akin. My dd's would laugh so hard they'd cry at that charge. Nope, I was one o' them liberal apologizers for America (and still liberal) when I started on my trip but then the insults that got heaped on us just for being from here toughened my skin and made me realize that much of what people believe about our country is just plain wrong. Yeah I know, we feed a lot of that with our TV shows but half of it is still wrong and the other half is just plain being from different culture like what you posted on here. This would be the equivalent of me moving to a European country and bashing men for not playing by my rules. Now you have enough ideas for what you want to do so you go play with your testosterone. And leave my daughters alone.
And if I was a nasty, vile, wealthy, braggart so what? How is this relevant to the post?

Yea, i should have married Olga. I paid for her MBA, her D cup breasts, and loved her dearly. We met when I was on a border management project in Odessa and Kishinev. She was 19 and I was 25 and we practicly grew up together. She was very pretty too. Not a ten but a cutie. She was sweet too.

I would post a pic if I could find it.

the problem was that i started working in Manhattan and in DC and started seeing all of these tens who were super fit, fine as heck, drove BMWs,and had degrees from georgetown and MIT. Wow, they not only make 100k a year but know the difference between a sunni and a shia and know what the 3 Ds of US foreign policy are.

I started doing silly things like paying an agency to find me a former D1 college athlete from a top 25 school...I did all this without looking in the mirror. i didn't even have a college degree (I am now enrolled in an Ivy League college) and while my salary was good, it was noting compared to what the 1% ers made, and that to these top tier woman I was nothing more than a funny IT dude that had some awesome pictures from Iraq.

essentially, i got too big for my britches. I also started taking very dangerous DOD contracts for the the additional 100k a year instead of the emerging markets USAID stuff. So we grew apart because I was off in Falijuh or Herat and became increasingly mentally F**ked from working in a combat zone.

Olga, after a year or two of this gave me an ultimatum to marry her because she wanted a family. I simply laughed...family, what, baby we are going to Bejing for the olympics and sitting in business class...yea...isnt this enough. Then one day after being home on leave I got a phone call from my PM telling me to call Olga immediately. i had been rejecting her successive calls because I was outside the wire. I was not Blackwater or anything but I was doing some C-IED stuff. Fairly high speed for what a contractor does and was shot at about 25% of the time.

When we finally spoke that evening she was so excited but i was annoyed and just replied how much to take care of it and then asked her if she wanted to go to world cup.

I did not understand the implications of what i had done. This was very bad. dastardly. But when you work in a war zone, outside the wire like I was then, nothing matters, you don't have the luxury of feelings or sensitivity. It's an explanation not an excuse.

Well she took care of it but it was never the same. I saw her one more time after that. We were supposed to meet in Bali for my next leave. I went and waited for her in the lobby. She never showed up. I went home and her stuff was gone.

This was a little over two years ago. I tracker her via facebook and saw her smiling and pregnant. For once I had some ****ing decency and left her alone. I guess she's happy now.

This year she sent me card, unsigned, that said I will forever be her true love and that I made her stronger but that she had moved on.

I got hit soon after that in So Afghanistan, spent six months rehabbing in *****et and DC, got the insurance money, partied like bono for a little while, and now realize that very few women will put up with my sorry butt. Frankly, I am such a PTSD prick that even gold diggers wont put up with me.

You idiots will saw that she was a gold digger and was with me for the $$. Not her. I was so stupid I did not even know that what it meant to take care of her, financially or otherwise. For years I gave her no money, just thinking that she ate and clothed herself from thin air. One day she said she wanted to get her hair done and I was like cool. She then started crying and told me that a man is suppose to take care of a woman. Duh. It's funny that a 22 year old village girl had to tell me how to take care of her. even then, i was always on the look out for someone taking five bucks from me that I was stingy with her.

i will post a picture of her. I miss my little angel.

You asked so i answered

Last edited by Datafeed; 11-03-2012 at 09:43 PM..

Old 11-03-2012, 08:33 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,835,909 times
This billionaire Italian had my sister as a mistress for over 16 years..everyone knew about the arrangement including his wife. Then as time went on and my sister was having some serous problems with properties and business...The Italian did not lift a finger to help and tossed her away like a used pair of shoes. Most wealthy Italians have a mistress...and the lowest Italian males are dumb arrogant pigs...The richer ones higher up the food chain are just bigger pigs who dress in Armani suits....A man who has a mistress...loves no one but himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships