Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 10:36 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I'll just get a couple nice new updated pics done outside with very high quality camera - one of my face, one with a nice fitted shirt on

I don't have a lot of hope. I'm guessing I'll send a 100 messages and get no responses, but I will try

I really didn't mean to make fun of you, bull. I just think glamour shots, as a whole, are funny.

Don't loose hope though, man. You gotta cast that line out there. I don't care if you get a fish on your 1st try, or your 100th, at some point, something will bite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 10:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Do You Have a Last Resort If You Can't Meet Somebody In The Near Future?
Yes...Cancun or Tahiti.

[but they're not really my last resorts]

Old 11-22-2012, 10:47 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Don't loose hope though, man. You gotta cast that line out there. I don't care if you get a fish on your 1st try, or your 100th, at some point, something will bite.

The problem is that Online dating is just a hideous caricature of real life dating

In real life dating, men do all the work and have to prove themselves to women but it's nothing compared to online dating. OLD, you're competing with 500 other guys for the affection of 1 women

I figure though, I try 5 different sites and message a 1,000 women, maybe one of them will respond?

Old 11-22-2012, 11:31 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
Oh and here is why I want to do some professional pictures if I do online dating - I'm not saying I'm as good looking as this dude is but the responses this fake profile is getting is just astonishing

***looks matter!! Proof inside*** (gtfih) (pof) (pics) - Bodybuilding.com Forums
My real life friend actually did something similar. He is an Asian dude and was tired of not getting responses on Match and he created a similar profile to his (he actually has a real good job and a pad on the Upper East Side) and replaced it with a pic of a model. He said a bunch of women messaged him with initiative.

This is what I don't quite understand about human nature...

If you are complaining that people are too shallow (in this case women) and are only going after the best looking guys, then why would you do the same and blow off 'below average women' for average to cute women ... without giving them a chance. I don't mean YOU btw, just people in general.

I mean ... the women are just doing the same thing the men are, going after the best they can get. It just so happens that women can more easily get better than themselves (at least initially) but that's immaterial. The MENTALITY is the same. Do you think any of these average guys who are complaining about average women blowing them off for good looking guys are giving chances to below average women? I don't.

It's almost like, to use a former analogy, getting picked on at school, complaining about your tormenters being a@@holes, and then when you get the chance, picking on the first kid you come across who is more unpopular than you.

It's a really a sad world...

Old 11-22-2012, 11:44 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I didn't turn down the local groups or volunteering. They're not bad ideas, it's just tough to fit anything else in to my current schedule(
OP, I'm going to call you on this. You've been talking out of both sides of your mouth on this and the other thread re: your schedule. First you say you have no time for groups or volunteering. Then when someone asks how you'll ever have time for actual dating, you say you have plenty of time. Then when the topic goes back to joining groups, etc., you flip-flop and say you can't fit it into your schedule.

If you want to maintain your whining and advice-soliciting privileges, you have to be straight with people, and not dodge everything.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:45 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
lol, you mean there's tons and tons of women out there who won't even look at an average person when there's a 9/10 guy looks-wise is in the room.

Surely, this is science at it's finest. Why haven't we funded millions into this amazing discovery? Whoever came up with this theory deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.

Seriously, that's hilarious.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Do you know what it's like to be permanently single?
The truth is that you haven't hit rock bottom yet. If you had, you'd be making changes in your life, making time to meet women, and maybe getting some counseling to help you overcome your shyness with women. (You can afford it, and you have Fridays free for appointments. We're onto you, OP!) If being single bothered you as much as you say, you'd do something about it. So since you're rejecting everyone's suggestions, we can only assume that you're not as bothered by it as you let on. You're jiving us, OP. Time to own up, and take responsibility for your own single state.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
That whole "stop worrying about it" thing is of no value to me because I'm extremely lonely
Not lonely enough, or you'd do something about it.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:52 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, I'm going to call you on this. You've been talking out of both sides of your mouth on this and the other thread re: your schedule. First you say you have no time for groups or volunteering. Then when someone asks how you'll ever have time for actual dating, you say you have plenty of time. Then when the topic goes back to joining groups, etc., you flip-flop and say you can't fit it into your schedule.

The issue is that I'm usually busy in the morning and afternoon on Fridays and Sundays but I have free time after 6 O'clock at which point I like to relax with my friends or unwind by myself. I don't have an issue spending that time with a girlfriend but I don't even know if you could find one of those groups after 6 and I'm not sure I would want to spend my friday on sunday nights doing those sorts of things anyways. Sundays are my football and relaxation night. Friday is usually a night to go to the movies with friends

Old 11-22-2012, 11:59 PM

The only way you can have the option of spending that time with a gf is if you dedicate that same time to getting out into the community in some way other than bars. You just don't want it badly enough yet.

and btw, according to a number of men here, 23 is the worst age to try online dating. There are millions more men on the sites than women at that age. Too much competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships