Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 07:37 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times

Advertisements

Social networking.. again
So, as subject says.. I am dating new girlfriend for about 2 monts now, and my girl friends best friend (who i never met) just added me on facebook.

WTH.
And my gf is asking me if I am going to add her best friend. I have never met her best friend, and it seems kind of weird to me. But, I am sure we will meet soon, but this still seems odd to me.
I don't think I have an option here, as my gf's best friend is important to her.

So, how many of you out there get FB friend requests from relatively new s/o's friends without havin met them?

FB is annoying... haha.

Oh, and the gf is mid-late 20's, and the bff is like mid 40's. (so they are not teenagers)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 07:49 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
So they can go over all your activity (if you are active on FB) and talk about you "behind your back."

It's up to you who you friend, but personally I don't friend people I've never met, regardless of whose BFF they are.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:52 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
So, as subject says.. I am dating new girlfriend for about 2 monts now, and my girl friends best friend (who i never met) just added me on facebook.

WTH.
And my gf is asking me if I am going to add her best friend. I have never met her best friend, and it seems kind of weird to me. But, I am sure we will meet soon, but this still seems odd to me.
I don't think I have an option here, as my gf's best friend is important to her.

So, how many of you out there get FB friend requests from relatively new s/o's friends without havin met them?

FB is annoying... haha.

Oh, and the gf is mid-late 20's, and the bff is like mid 40's. (so they are not teenagers)
I wouldn't stress about it, it's what some women like to do. My wife's sister and best cousin added me before I even met them. Her maid of honor put herself in my phone for lord knows what reason. My FB is absolutely littered with my wife's friends and co workers, most I have only seen at weddings or a holiday party.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:12 PM

581 posts, read 1,244,249 times
my girlfriend is not on my FB muchless her bff. i keep her and her friends away from certain aspects of my life.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:21 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
my girlfriend is not on my FB muchless her bff. i keep her and her friends away from certain aspects of my life.
Yes.
And some people keep it this way for quite a while, for good reason. I don't mind adding people, but new relationship FB adds...
ugh.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:57 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
I guess in the scheme of things it's not really a big deal...but I think it's pretty strange to request someone you've never met. Like the friend wants to scope you out. I have dated people for months and not been FB friends with them...I prefer to be fairly sure about someone before adding them on FB much less their friends. 2 months isn't very long...then if things don't work out you have to decide if you want to delete them, it just causes unnecessary drama. It just seems kind of immature honestly for a 40 year old woman to friend request her best friend's boyfriend she's never met. I think I'd decline for now.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:08 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:

WTH.

FB is annoying... haha.

Not a fan of adding GFs to FB. Not until things are pretty serious.

I'd say that I don't add people I've never met. I don't. Then you'll meet the friend and then you'll have to add her.

Just don't respond if she starts hitting on you, it's a test.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:10 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
My ex's have tried friending my family members. That's relatively non-creepy in comparison.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:22 PM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Umm....she can't add you as a friend if you didn't send her a request in the first place.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:47 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,449 times
Quote:

WTH.

FB is annoying... haha.

Definitely blowing it out of proportion. Who cares?

Relax bro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships