Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 01:20 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Um...what exactly is your definition of cleavage. Are you saying women can't show an inch on a regular day? Ooops I think I broke that rule today when I went to the grocery store. That must have been the reason the worker asked me out!
LOL - no, I'm referring to showing almost all but the nipples . Women are free to show what they want, so when they do so, they want stares from all the guys??? Seems a little insecure to me - and I don't mind looking at all, just trying to figure out the point...no pun intended!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 01:31 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
LOL - no, I'm referring to showing almost all but the nipples . Women are free to show what they want, so when they do so, they want stares from all the guys??? Seems a little insecure to me - and I don't mind looking at all, just trying to figure out the point...no pun intended!
So in my book I really can't think of a public occasion when cleavage to the nipples is OK, but I am a tiny bit conservative in that way.

As for the intention around the cleavage? Well it depends on the woman. Personally, I look better when the neckline is a little more open. But I don't like when people only talk to my breasts, so I don't tend to show much cleavage. I get a little uncomfortable. A lot of it also depends on the reaction you got to your breasts growing up as well. Some women are shamed for having larger chests. Because you know the stereotype. Women with big breasts are stupid hussies. Other women feel like their breasts make them more attractive, so they like to put them on display. Other people got implants, and they want to make sure their new assets are appreciated. Other women just like the look of cleavage. And still others are specifically looking for male attention.

There is no one answer. But even if someone does have cleavage down to there, its your job not to forget she has a face.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:38 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
So in my book I really can't think of a public occasion when cleavage to the nipples is OK, but I am a tiny bit conservative in that way.

As for the intention around the cleavage? Well it depends on the woman. Personally, I look better when the neckline is a little more open. But I don't like when people only talk to my breasts, so I don't tend to show much cleavage. I get a little uncomfortable. A lot of it also depends on the reaction you got to your breasts growing up as well. Some women are shamed for having larger chests. Because you know the stereotype. Women with big breasts are stupid hussies. Other women feel like their breasts make them more attractive, so they like to put them on display. Other people got implants, and they want to make sure their new assets are appreciated. Other women just like the look of cleavage. And still others are specifically looking for male attention.

There is no one answer. But even if someone does have cleavage down to there, its your job not to forget she has a face.
I really dislike it when people talk to my breasts too.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:14 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I really dislike it when people talk to my breasts too.
But ducky, you have such yummy plumage! Could you spare a few feathers for my hat?

Old 12-17-2012, 02:17 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,783 times
Many thanks Jade - I agree completely with your last sentence and was just trying to get a little insight on the subject.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:21 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
If by using the word "interesting" you are referring to your interest in seeing their boobies uncovered, then yes.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
When I show some cleavage, all of a sudden I'm smarter, funnier, and more interesting. It's crazy! Also - as soon as I show some cleavage, I start walking in slow motion, flipping my hair in slow motion, and music starts to play.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
If by using the word "interesting" you are referring to your interest in seeing their boobies uncovered, then yes.
More like "interesting" in terms of the new friends you make when you have a lot of cleavage on display.

Last week I wore a dress with a modest amount of cleavage (and a little out of my box, enough to say yes she has cleavage, but not so much where my conservative mom would say....are you sure you want to wear that) when I went out with some friends. And it was a little "interesting" on how different the reaction I got from the men around and on the street. Let's just say, I couldn't imagine how I would feel wearing something like this for an evening:

Old 12-17-2012, 02:29 PM

810 posts, read 1,763,405 times
I have found that when I wear a cleavage showing shirt it doesn't matter if I'm talking about politics or stupid gossip I get the same results just staring at my chest.
Boys act powerless over cleavage.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
When I show some cleavage, all of a sudden I'm smarter, funnier, and more interesting. It's crazy! Also - as soon as I show some cleavage, I start walking in slow motion, flipping my hair in slow motion, and music starts to play.
Is it like this?

Ami Dolenz in She's Out of Control - 1989 - YouTube

^^That is not the right song at all though. It was set to Frankie Avalon's Venus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships