Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 11:04 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
How else would you quantify 'water level'?

Or are you just talking about looks period? Because that's nice on Christmas Eve, telling people the reason they suck at dating is because they are too ugly.

Well ... what do you have? I'm waiting.

You can check my posts in the education section to see what I've got.
You are entirely missing the point. To start, the title of this thread states that your reasons for success or failure in dating, relationships, etc rests entirely upon you. It can be positive or negative. Second, the point of this thread is that if you want change in your life that change has to come from you. Nobody is going to change for you so that you have better luck in love. Third, I'm not sure what you're waiting for. The purpose of this thread is not to showcase creds. You can be a scientist or a waiter. An MD or an artist. A HS grad or a college grad. Beautiful or ugly. Christian or Atheist. It makes no difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 11:06 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
I saw my knee.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
I think on some level even those handful know it; but they post or start threads spouting the opposite to get some validation of that false viewpoint and totally avoid the real reason.
I agree. There must be awareness on some level. Although, this is one thread focusing on the three fingers pointing back at us (for once).

Old 12-24-2012, 11:27 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
So should people have a number branded on their head figured out by their education social skills and looks and only be allowed to mate with the same number?

Old 12-24-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
So should people have a number branded on their head figured out by their education social skills and looks and only be allowed to mate with the same number?
Does it matter? Can someone please explain to me the benefit of ignoring the reality that people tend take up with their own? I don't see the point of it, especially for those who are looking for the relationships they don't have.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:35 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Does it matter? Can someone please explain to me the benefit of ignoring the reality that people tend take up with their own? I don't see the point of it, especially for those who are looking for the relationships they don't have.
WHat is "their own" you make it seem like its the most simple thing to quantify..Just because you hit on what you think is "your own" doesnt automatically mean that person is gonna think the same

You seem to want to box people in to simply stats and have them mate accordingly..Attraction is not as mechanical and robotic as you make it

Old 12-24-2012, 11:43 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,583 times
Quote:
WHat is "their own" you make it seem like its the most simple thing to quantify..Just because you hit on what you think is "your own" doesnt automatically mean that person is gonna think the same

You seem to want to box people in to simply stats and have them mate accordingly..Attraction is not as mechanical and robotic as you make it
She means that people tend to stick with others who are from similar backgrounds : SES, education, career, ambition, etc. Do you not agree?

Old 12-24-2012, 11:45 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Thank you for reminding me how handsome I am.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:

It has nothing to do with what I want. My views don't change people. What I'm saying is that if you're you're looking to get with a Muslim man, for example, you're going to have more luck if you're a Muslim yourself who attends to whatever religious gatherings Muslims attend vs some other religion (Christian, Pagan, etc). It's common sense. Common sense some tend to ignore.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
She means that people tend to stick with others who are from similar backgrounds : SES, education, career, ambition, etc. Do you not agree?
What's interesting is that when I started this thread I wasn't thinking about education or career really, but more so values, priorities, and sure the former and everything else that fits under the umbrella. If she wants a fit man than she should be fit herself, engage in activities that fit people engage in. What I see on this forum is people pointing fingers outward and the exercise is fruitless. We can only change ourselves. I also believe in something another poster mentioned earlier this morning (be the person you want to attract, or something like that). In the end, the interpretation of the one line OP and the internet mirror is going to be different for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships