Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,489,002 times

Advertisements

Do you remember this thread? well, no problem if you dont feel like reading it, the thing is:

I am starting dating someone (let's call him B again), he is a friend from 4 years ago... we are very similar and have things in common, some days ago he asked me if he has opportunities to be more than a friend with me, sometime without name by the moment, slow and to "try" how it goes.

As I like him I said yes, slow and the future will tell us if it is a right decision or not, but I am very scared for some reasons:

- I loved other guys more than I love him now. So I feel I can love him more than I do.
- When we are separated, or I don't hear from him in 2 days I miss him a looot, I check the social network all the time and I think negative things (he has changed his mind or whatever).
- When we are together is the opposite, I can see he loves/likes me more than I do, he caress my check and he gaves me some chocolates for example. Although I feel very good with him.
- When I am back home from a date I feel like "it is enough" I mean... I had fun but I don't miss him until the next day for example (that is when I feel lovesick as I said in point 2)

Is all this normal? it is my "first" relationship, at least in adult ages (25 ad 27) so I feel like a lost teenager to be honest.

I should feel lucky because he is very good person and a good guy with me but I am afraid to hurt him, or the opposite, if he hurts me as it happened before with other guys.

What do you think about my questions, feelings and experiences?? is all this normal? I am completely lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 06:07 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Major edit:
OP, I had you confused with someone else (I think...) I'm not sure what's going on here, except maybe some neediness, or...not. Give it a little time, then see how you feel. If things start clicking with this guy, you should feel happy. Don't rush into anything, though. This guy does kind of seem more into you than you are into him. Don't let him push you into doing anything you don't feel ready to do. Wait until you feel like you reciprocate his feelings. If it continues to feel lopsided, then you're just not that into him, in spite of feeling hooked on the attention.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-06-2013 at 06:19 PM..

Old 01-06-2013, 06:12 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
It just sounds like you need to relax a bit, and stop worrying yourself over the little things. Take it one day at a time!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,284,143 times
I think you're worried about getting hurt and that is holding you back from experiencing this relationship fully. Trust your instincts. If you think he's a good guy, then he probably is and you should enjoy your time together.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:34 PM

76 posts, read 120,864 times
Just relax and enjoy the dates, if it is meant to be then it will be.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
I don't get how there are so many adults who can't figure out what they want.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 PM

49 posts, read 41,771 times
I think women are turned off to a degree by men that are into them more. Sad part is, his probably a really nice guy and worth the effort. Most guys aren't naturally soft, they just try as hard as they can to accommodate to the women's desires and in doing so may appear soft. If I were you I would tell him how you want or expect to be treated otherwise his just guessing, and he'll never know for sure how to please you, or would you rather he not like you as much?

Seriously how is this an issue?

Old 01-07-2013, 04:36 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,489,002 times
Thanks for your advice, yes adults sometimes don't even know what they want... love and mind are too complicated both.

I think I should enjoy the moments and be sincere to him always in that way it will be easier to comunicate and more difficult to hurt each other.

And yes I feel lucky having a soft guy, and a sensitive one.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:31 PM

84 posts, read 225,201 times
Follow your heart until your head gives tells you the opposite

Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 PM

18 posts, read 23,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusT01 View Post
I think women are turned off to a degree by men that are into them more. Sad part is, his probably a really nice guy and worth the effort. Most guys aren't naturally soft, they just try as hard as they can to accommodate to the women's desires and in doing so may appear soft. If I were you I would tell him how you want or expect to be treated otherwise his just guessing, and he'll never know for sure how to please you, or would you rather he not like you as much?

Seriously how is this an issue?
That's right. Guys, in general, are psychologically tough but in the process of wooing a woman many try really hard to not come across that way. Those guys heard somewhere that women like it when men act tender but what that's only half of the story. The other half is that women also like those same tender guys to be confident, assertive and even a total hard ass when the circumstances demand it.

So, back to the OP: just relax and enjoy the dates. Give the fellow a chance to show his true personality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships