Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:44 PM

868 posts, read 1,121,893 times

Advertisements

Ok, I know it's just sex. Perhaps having a low libido is actually a blessing, because it enables me to actually NOT see women as sex objects. Anyway..

Yesterday, I offered to give one of my co-workers a lift to the gym, as she works out at a gym close to where I live. She's a nice girl, but I don't like her in "that" way.

She's 22, I am 37. If I were 5 years older, I would basically be old enough to be her dad.

We talked (she talked) a lot on the car journey. She was very ditzy and immature (as a 22 year old would be to a 37 year old). She's very pretty, but I felt no attraction at all. I felt like I were in the car with a niece, or something along those lines. She seemed like a kid, to be honest. Her and I would have absolutely nothing in common and she seemed very naive, in terms of knowing that you cannot be "nice" in a flirtatious way to men, because they will think you're interested in them. She was talking about 'Legally Blonde', hot guys, I could never date X guy, etc, etc. I felt like a relic.

I suppose that many men my age would be turned on by a 22 year old girl wearing short gym shorts, giggling and being 'girly'. Personally, I wasn't a bit turned on. If anything, I felt like an elder, so much so that I even told her to be careful.

The point is, I don't get why men my age and older go for much younger women. We have nothing in common and it's just weird. Being in a relationship with someone is more than just sex, you actually have to have stuff in common with that person too. I have NOTHING in common with a 22 year old girl. To be honest, most people under 25 seem like kids to me now, so it would just seem morally wrong to pursue women under that age.

Anyone else feel the same way? If I were attractive and up for dating, I would actually not go out with anyone under 28. It would just be too weird in terms of maturity.

Last edited by elnina; 02-03-2013 at 07:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,544 times
Biology i.e. Younger women have signs of fertility which are attractive to men
Midlife crisis. Want to feel young.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:49 PM

1,557 posts, read 3,305,510 times
Youth and vigor is attractive, what else?

Old 01-25-2013, 05:49 PM

868 posts, read 1,121,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
Biology i.e. Younger women have signs of fertility which are attractive to men
Midlife crisis. Want to feel young.
That's weird, because being in a car with a 22 year old actually did the exact opposite: it made me feel old!!!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Some people just click no matter the age .

Old 01-25-2013, 05:58 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
I'm not as old as you, but for me that answer is simple.

My generation(+/-5 years) are more likely to have tattoos than women older and younger, therefore I've pursued older and younger women and haven't really payed much attention at all to women of my generation.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:59 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
That's weird, because being in a car with a 22 year old actually did the exact opposite: it made me feel old!!!
You are weird.
Ok, Ok, you are an exception.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:00 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
I'm with the OP here.

I see cute girls in their early 20s, but if they could be my daughter, that makes it kind of pervy, at least for me. Plus, you really DON'T have much in common with them.

Another reason why old(er) men do it is that it's a manifestation of power. Sure, everything is firmer and tighter, but they are also viewed as a commodity, almost a show of what they can obtain with their power and money.

I don't have much respect for either party, including the girl who has a "sugar daddy." Unless they've aged really well, you know they're thinking of someone else when that dude is on top of them.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:01 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Ok, I know it's just sex. Perhaps having a low libido is actually a blessing, because it enables me to actually NOT see women as sex objects. Anyway..

Yesterday, I offered to give one of my co-workers a lift to the gym, as she works out at a gym close to where I live. She's a nice girl, but I don't like her in "that" way.

She's 22, I am 37. If I were 5 years older, I would basically be old enough to be her dad.

We talked (she talked) a lot on the car journey. She was very ditzy and immature (as a 22 year old would be to a 37 year old). She's very pretty, but I felt no attraction at all. I felt like I were in the car with a niece, or something along those lines. She seemed like a kid, to be honest. Her and I would have absolutely nothing in common and she seemed very naive, in terms of knowing that you cannot be "nice" in a flirtatious way to men, because they will think you're interested in them. She was talking about 'Legally Blonde', hot guys, I could never date X guy, etc, etc. I felt like a relic.

I suppose that many men my age would be turned on by a 22 year old girl wearing short gym shorts, giggling and being 'girly'. Personally, I wasn't a bit turned on. If anything, I felt like an elder, so much so that I even told her to be careful.

The point is, I don't get why men my age and older go for much younger women. We have nothing in common and it's just weird. Being in a relationship with someone is more than just sex, you actually have to have stuff in common with that person too. I have NOTHING in common with a 22 year old girl. To be honest, most people under 25 seem like kids to me now, so it would just seem morally wrong to pursue women under that age.

Anyone else feel the same way? If I were attractive and up for dating, I would actually not go out with anyone under 28. It would just be too weird in terms of maturity.
In my experience, men my age (I am 43) who consistently date much younger women often have serious power and control issues. Sure, they like sex with nubile young bodies. But often, they also want partners they perceive as naive and inexperienced, who they can more easily manipulate and control. It may not be true in all cases, but it is pretty common.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:02 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'm not as old as you, but for me that answer is simple.

My generation(+/-5 years) are more likely to have tattoos than women older and younger, therefore I've pursued older and younger women and haven't really payed much attention at all to women of my generation.
I find that odd, because out of all of my girlfriends (ages 24-35ish) I'm one of only 3 that have any tattoos. I'm the odd one out and the VAST majority of the people I know don't have any at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships