Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 04:08 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Men and women are equal but we are not the same.
We're also not as different as you and many others think we are. As any social scientist will tell you, there are always more within-group differences than between-group differences. Anyone who starts a sentence with "All men are...." or "Women always..." is full of caca.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 04:11 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Because unless you are homosexual, men and women are attracted to very different things.

Don't be ridiculous. Women prefer good-looking men over those who look like a baboon's arse just as much as men prefer good-looking women over those who look like a baboon's arse. All things being equal, there's not a human alive who wouldn't choose an attractive person over an unattractive one, and what is attractive is almost formulaic: Symmetry of face, a body that is neither extremely over- or underweight, clear eyes, smooth skin, and healthy hair and teeth.

If you think women do not respond to the biological cues of a healthy, strong male, you're living in la-la land.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:22 PM

50,768 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy316 View Post
If poor, fat, ugly girls can get good looking guys, why can't it be the other way around?
Where is this happening??

Old 01-20-2013, 05:42 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,330,254 times
Quote:
Game = experience + confidence. If an ugly guy has more of it than a rich, good looking guy, then he'll get more girls and the girls he gets will be hotter and will like him for the right reasons.
LMAO!!! The majority of the ugly guys with game and confidence that get hot women also have money. I can assure that is how it works most of the time. You do realize that the hot women are getting hit on by the hot guys who also have confidence, experience, and probably lots of money too. I know one 10 (and this is a 10 by NYC standards which is high) who dates guys that appear to be way below her. She married a 5 and divorced him for another 5. What you don't know is that she is into very intelligent, nerdy guys and in NYC this often means they have substantial income. What I mean by that is although she LIKES intellegent guys of average looks, these guys are not working at McDonnalds. Her ex was some big wig at an investment bank and her current man is a higher up at Google. If you saw them together you'd think "hey, I can get a woman like that too" and yeah, maybe you could if you were an investment banker, a lawyer, a EVP, a doctor, etc. The point is that so called average guys that are with hot women have something else they've brought to the table to match her hotness. Usually it's money, power or intelligence.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:02 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
That's very shallow.
What's shallow about wanting somebody you're attracted to?

Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 PM

127 posts, read 154,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
LMAO!!! The majority of the ugly guys with game and confidence that get hot women also have money. I can assure that is how it works most of the time. You do realize that the hot women are getting hit on by the hot guys who also have confidence, experience, and probably lots of money too. I know one 10 (and this is a 10 by NYC standards which is high) who dates guys that appear to be way below her. She married a 5 and divorced him for another 5. What you don't know is that she is into very intelligent, nerdy guys and in NYC this often means they have substantial income. What I mean by that is although she LIKES intellegent guys of average looks, these guys are not working at McDonnalds. Her ex was some big wig at an investment bank and her current man is a higher up at Google. If you saw them together you'd think "hey, I can get a woman like that too" and yeah, maybe you could if you were an investment banker, a lawyer, a EVP, a doctor, etc. The point is that so called average guys that are with hot women have something else they've brought to the table to match her hotness. Usually it's money, power or intelligence.
I have a friend that's 32, maybe slightly above average looking, and lives at home with his mom. The only thing he has going for him really is his height (he's about 6'2), his intelligence (which he doesn't put to good use), and his......GAME.

He gets more hot girls than anybody I've ever met. One of his girlfriends is a 26 year old former model with a degree in biochemistry and her own business.

I have other friends that are in similar situations, but this is the most drastic.

Explain this, based on your theory.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:05 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Ruth just disproved what you said.
Sure personality goes a long way but in most of those relationships I highly doubt the women would have dated if the guy was a slob or a jerk. Most of those situations were where people met offline then things happened. That's not the same thing as a fat ugly poor guy going on a dating site and rejecting women and going for women more than them.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:09 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
I can't be the only one who thinks Ascension2012 and Johnny Boy seem like they are perfect for each other.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:11 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Another beta male thread bitching about alpha males.

Yawn.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 PM

127 posts, read 154,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I can't be the only one who thinks Ascension2012 and Johnny Boy seem like they are perfect for each other.
Address the examples about my friends. If your argument makes sense, then this comment is justified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships