Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

In some aspects of life yes. I don't fret over small things anymore. I worry about important things. My son,Doctors, pediatritions, dentists, bills, car shop, what to pack in lunches, what to make for dinner, homework and test for my son, .......normal stuff that I should care about.

Now things like starting a new job, co-workers, bosses, interviews....still get very nervous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 AM

803 posts, read 1,668,341 times
Yes. I'm in my late 20's and it's like night-and-day compared to my college years. Life experiences can mold us into something better... much of my "growth" over the last few years comes from moving around for work.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
yes older is often, but not always, wiser.
now i realize i was right when young but had lots of self doubt
i thought others surely must know better
now i find that did not
but my caution in thought and deed helped get me to where
i am
i am in a very good place
confidence in the young is all too often translated into haste and
aggression which leads to an early grave
confident failures in the end are not attractive people though along the way deceive many thru their magnetic personalities of radiant confidence.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:51 AM

365 posts, read 490,235 times
Nope; I've stayed just about the same; Usually really quiet around people that I don't know. Around people that I like and I know... You could hear me from a mile away but Couldn't see me D: being 5.9' and everyone I hang out with is 6.1+
I understand why they like me I still have the same mentality at all times I'm the loudest one out of all of them. Which is cause i'm myself around my friends and when i'm not i'm busy and I need to get some where.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:56 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Hell, yeah.
Didn't realize when I was younger how much more I have to offer than the average person.
Also my self-worth isn't tied up in other people's opinions.
This, pretty much.

Sometimes I feel like I'm getting full of myself, but then I realize I'm actually awesome so I have every right to be confident.

I wish I had figured this out years ago.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
Most definately. I do not really think I felt that way until I was about or at 30... but with some age and experience comes more wisdom. I know myself better, what I can and cannot handle, what I like and don't, and most importantly what to worry about and focus on, and what I should just let slide.

I would say I am more confident in just about every area of life too, although I am sure I have more maturing to do as well.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:15 AM

11,797 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Absolutely. 25 is the age where I really felt I knew who I was, and it was in my early 30s that I became more confident, less caring about what others think, more sure of myself,self-aware. I think the self-awareness the biggest aspect though, because there are some people who go through life without putting much thought into what they do or why they do it. There are also some people who simply don't have the capability to do that sort of thing. I'm glad I am the type of person who has that ability.

Age, maturity, and life experiences contribute to confidence. I'm more accepting of myself, more accepting of others, not judgmental about little things that don't matter, caring more about the qualities of a person's character in determining whether or not I want them in my life.

I'm 40 now and although my core values haven't changed, I'm not the same person I was at 20, and I would never want to go back to an age under 30. But a lot of this, you can't know in advance, and it will be your own life experiences that you hopefully have the awareness and ability to look upon in hindsight as you get older, and see your transformation (or lack of).

Old 01-24-2013, 09:32 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,720,156 times
I've become more confident with women but less confident in making life decisions such as where/when/what house to buy, what job I should take etc..

Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Yeah but that's mostly because of great results. If I didnt have that I don't think I'd be able to say the same thing

Old 01-24-2013, 09:39 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Young people worry about being accepted because the world revolves around it. When you get older you see most of these people are hypocrites and no good anyways. Majority of them talk out of both sides of their mouths and nobody is better then the next person & their opinions are no more accurate or valid then the next person's or your own. So at the end of the day, who cares what they think. Humanity in general is a crock and a waste of time. I seen for myself people are not all they're cracked up to be.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 01-24-2013 at 10:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships