Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 12:02 PM

23 posts, read 71,156 times

Advertisements

I have a situation with a co-worker that I can't figure out for the life of me. Here is the shortened version of my situation...It seems like we have all of the ingredients for a great relationship but I don't know...she knows where I stand. My heart tells me we will be together but a part of me wonders when...

I care about her sooo much and she knows.

She had definite interest first.

I know she cares about me.

Attraction is definitely not an issue.

We are very compatible.

She has acknowledged my traits (looks, sweet/good heart, intelligence, sense of humor, and tons of other things).

We are both single. Neither of us have been on a date in the 2 years we have known each other. I don't think she has never been in a serious relationship. Neither have I. We are both in our 20s. Neither of us just date for the heck of it.

We have a lot in common and similar traits, interests, morals, etc. But we are also a good balance personality-wise.

She knows how much I care for her and how I appreciate her, respect her, support her, listen to her and always make an effort for her. She knows that I have seen both sides of her but never ran for the hills after seeing the other side.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 12:08 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,945,610 times
How do you know what "she knows" ?

You've known her for 2 years. You claim she's attracted to you. Why don't you just ask her out on a date ? Seems like a no-brainer.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:08 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,409,216 times
Have you asked her out? If not, why not?

Old 07-02-2011, 12:18 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,696,398 times
No kidding....have you even ask her out? It sounds like everything else is pretty much been figured out...

(KNUDGE)

Old 07-02-2011, 12:20 PM

330 posts, read 599,996 times
Hey BE A MAN! Make a plan (that you think she might enjoy) and tell her that you are going to this place on this day at this time AND tell her she is going with you. Date done! Have a good time, make sure you have an interesting place to go to after the event, buy flowers the next day, and then repeat the process.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:25 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee247 View Post
I have a situation with a co-worker that I can't figure out for the life of me. Here is the shortened version of my situation...It seems like we have all of the ingredients for a great relationship but I don't know...she knows where I stand. My heart tells me we will be together but a part of me wonders when...

We are very compatible.

She has acknowledged my traits (looks, sweet/good heart, intelligence, sense of humor, and tons of other things).

We are both single. Neither of us have been on a date in the 2 years we have known each other. I don't think she has never been in a serious relationship. Neither have I. We are both in our 20s. Neither of us just date for the heck of it.

We have a lot in common and similar traits, interests, morals, etc. But we are also a good balance personality-wise.

She knows how much I care for her and how I appreciate her, respect her, support her, listen to her and always make an effort for her. She knows that I have seen both sides of her but never ran for the hills after seeing the other side.

Any ideas?
Does she ever drop hints about dating?

You might be in the friend category. If you hit on her, she may then drop you like a hot potato.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:34 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,945,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Does she ever drop hints about dating?

You might be in the friend category. If you hit on her, she may then drop you like a hot potato.

That's not a good reason to not ask her out, though. The OP clearly wants a romantic relationship with this woman, and is not satisfied by a platonic friendship with her. It does the OP no good to keep things going the way they are going out of fear of losing a friend.

The OP should definitely ask this woman out on a date !

Old 07-02-2011, 06:39 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,836,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee247 View Post

We are very compatible.

Any ideas?
Sounds really nice. Why are you posting on a forum as opposed to asking her out. Eventually she'll think you're not interested and probably move on.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:40 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,836,274 times
btw are you a golf fan or just fond of T shirts?

Old 07-02-2011, 06:47 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,897,645 times
Maybe she is afraid to date someone she works with in case it doesn't work out...or maybe your company has rules against dating?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships