Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 06:22 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times

Advertisements

I don't care for them because in referring to themselves as "bisexual" men don't mean they have the ability to fall in love with both sexes, instead they mean they have the ability to get their rocks off with both sexes. There is something unseemly about naming yourself after your method of obtaining an orgasm. A bisexual man who actually means he experiences love and relationships with both sexes would not squick me out, but those are rare as unicorns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 07:13 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I don't care for them because in referring to themselves as "bisexual" men don't mean they have the ability to fall in love with both sexes, instead they mean they have the ability to get their rocks off with both sexes. There is something unseemly about naming yourself after your method of obtaining an orgasm. A bisexual man who actually means he experiences love and relationships with both sexes would not squick me out, but those are rare as unicorns.
Then why are you so against men who are physically attracted to both men but might only want to settle down with a woman?

Old 01-26-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Then why are you so against men who are physically attracted to both men but might only want to settle down with a woman?
I am not "so against" them; they can live their lives as they see fit and I support their rights as such. I just don't care to be the woman a bisexual man settles down with.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:56 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
So do you see female bis as more noble because as women, relationships are more about the emotional aspect of things and they can experience love with both genders? Are you suggesting most bi men just do it for the sexual aspect of it? How do you know that very few of them have genuine relationships with both?

Old 01-26-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
So do you see female bis as more noble because as women, relationships are more about the emotional aspect of things and they can experience love with both genders? Are you suggesting most bi men just do it for the sexual aspect of it? How do you know that very few of them have genuine relationships with both?
I said nothing about female bisexuals being noble. I am happy to discuss the issue but not when you put words in my mouth, nor when you demand I answer leading questions (i.e. "so you are suggesting...") If you started this thread because you want people to discuss this openly in order to get different view points, you are going about this the wrong way. If you started this thread in order to chastise people who don't think the same as you, then carry on in this manner. I find the topic interesting, but not so interesting that I will put up with your shenanigans.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:02 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,787 times
I dont know what the big deal is, who cares who we're attracted to? its not a big deal there are more to worry us than who finds who attractive......personally i would date a bi guy i dont see the issue at all, variety is the spice of life

Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
Maybe women do not trust that bi men are truly bi, worried they are really just gay but looking for women to be PC because it is a more accepted social norm?

It has to be more than a fear he will ultimately be attracted to someone else, since all women will face the question of whether the guy they are with is going to remain faithful, or be attracted to someone else and leave them, in their evaluation of a guy.

So maybe it is a double risk, whether they will be attracted to someone else, and whether they will find a greater tendancy to prefer the other gender.

Or not?

Old 01-26-2013, 09:40 AM

861 posts, read 1,455,701 times
Bi people should date and marry someone of their opposite gender and live their life as a normal person. Homosexuality is an abomination.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:30 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
I think it's funny how even self-proclaimed "liberal" women say they will not date bisexual men or men who have bisexually experimented. I think it's funny these women will pay a whole lot of lip service in the defense of gays, but when it becomes personal so that they actually *think* about it, homosexual behavior disgusts them.
The liberal women you speak about are either PC, or pretend to be because it's cool, or are faghags (sorry). Yeah, I think that the double standard exists because, even though not really accepted, lesbianism is viewed as an "extension of femininity" (think of those Renaissance paintings with naked ladies with rounded abdomens and fleshy arms hanging all over each other), whereas homosexuality is anything but an extension of masculinity. Then, there is the fear of STIs - I'm sure that women could transmit these to each other, since they use their mouths, fingers, and contraptions.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:16 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Some women will not date bisexual men for the same reason that some women will not date other women and some men will not date other men. They don't want to. It doesn't mean they are against bisexuals, lesbians, or homosexuals having equal rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships