Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times

Advertisements

I dare you to grow up and quit tormenting the guy. I triple-dog dare you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 08:47 PM

12 posts, read 19,884 times
Regarding Juan, what should I say if I dump him? Anything that won't make him hate me?

Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmaiden View Post
Regarding Juan, what should I say if I dump him? Anything that won't make him hate me?
Refer to herpes thread.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I dare you to grow up and quit tormenting the guy. I triple-dog dare you.
I don't want to. I was forced into this stupid dare. Once again, this wasn't my idea.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Refer to herpes thread.
You mean make up a lie like that?? That seems awful.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:50 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Tell him you're not his type and we'd be better off as friends. If he's already attaching himself to you then no matter what happens he's going to take it hard.

Then I'd go and tank your friend's spines out.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
I don't want to. I was forced into this stupid dare. Once again, this wasn't my idea.
This is the part where my mother would ask me if all my friends jumped off a bridge, whether I would jump too.

You're going to hurt the guy no matter what you do. What did you think would happen? You even said your friends are likely to tell him.

DO NOT tell him it was a dare or that you were willing to hurt him for $20. You'll have to think of something. There is no easy way to hurt someone unless you are a mean and pitiless person.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:56 PM

5,580 posts, read 6,504,647 times
You need to realize that once you graduate, you will most likely not keep in touch with many of the "friends" you have in school. So, you sound like you are more grown up than your friends. You need to get new friends, or grow a backbone and say "No" to any ideas that you know better not to do.

Please be kind when you decline to go out with him any more. And I hope you learned a lesson from this, that you have to answer to yourself first, NOT to others who could possible take you down with them.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Tell him you're not his type and we'd be better off as friends. If he's already attaching himself to you then no matter what happens he's going to take it hard.
Ok. I'll leave the ''I was dared to date you part (as well as his physical features) out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Then I'd go and tank your friend's spines out.
I'm getting tired of them sometimes. It's like our other conversations are always either about who is the hottest guy and who isn't, our new clothes, what were the latest rumor spread out and other unimportant topic.

At least with Juan, we were talking about important things such as real life events, our favorite authors, discussing if the atoms bombs were really necessary (we both think it wasn't) and new things learned from discovery channel. It's like with him, I feel relieve from all superficial conversations. He's very smart and has a GPA of 3.87 (well mines is good too: 3.4...unlike my friends' who are in their 2.0-2.8).

Last edited by Tarmaiden; 01-30-2013 at 09:07 PM..

Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Ok. I'll leave the ''I was dared to date you part (as well as his physical features) out.
I'm getting tired of them sometimes. It's like our other conversations are always either about who is the hottest guy and who isn't, our new clothes, what were the latest rumor spread out and other important topic.

At least with Juan, we were talking about important things such as real life events, our favorite authors, discussing if the atoms bombs were really necessary (we both think it wasn't) and new things learned from discovery channel. It's like with him, I feel relieve from all superficial conversations.
That's because the guy you're fake-dating is far more mature than your "friends". Frankly, I don't even think they are your friends if they were harassing you into dating this guy that you have no feelings for. I think they're just using you for laughs.

Like I said, if I were in your shoes I'd lay them out like a sack of potatoes and end the friendships immediately. These don't sounds like good people to keep around, and you're better off without them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships