Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do others judge you for being single?
no, everyone is fine with it 7 31.82%
yes, but who cares what they think? 12 54.55%
yes, and i want to do something about it. 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 04:20 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
*sing-song voice saying "And he's got his kids this weekend" going through my head*
A good daddy then

Old 02-12-2013, 04:21 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
So, this Church you claim to be so devoted to........Next time you're there, look around for a book they might have in there, probably imitation leather bound with gold lame print on the cover that says "Holy Bible." You should pick it up and look at it some time, it has a lot to say about people who make comments like you did in this post.
What does that have to do with not dating divorced people? If I dated divorced men I couldn't marry in church and wouldn't be a CCD teacher anymore. Besides, I am sick of people (like Elained)making comments that if someone is older and single there must be a reason. Guess what, it can go the other way and single people may say "if they are terrific why are they divorced?"

Old 02-12-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
*sing-song voice saying "And he's got his kids this weekend" going through my head*
And let's not forget that either he cancels the date or they go with on the date. When I have dated men with kids this happens all the time.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What does that have to do with not dating divorced people? If I dated divorced men I couldn't marry in church and wouldn't be a CCD teacher anymore. Besides, I am sick of people (like Elained)making comments that if someone is older and single there must be a reason. Guess what, it can go the other way and single people may say "if they are terrific why are they divorced?"
PEOPLE GET DIVORCED FOR LOADS OF REASONS BUT SOME PEOPLE FALL OUT OF LOVE AND GROW APART!! IN YOUR OPINION ARE THEY SUPOSE TO STAY MARRIED AND BE MISERABLE ??

Old 02-12-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
PEOPLE GET DIVORCED FOR LOADS OF REASONS BUT SOME PEOPLE FALL OUT OF LOVE AND GROW APART!! IN YOUR OPINION ARE THEY SUPOSE TO STAY MARRIED AND BE MISERABLE ??
Then they weren't in love to begin with and exactly why should I date someone like that who will fall out of love with me too? No thanks my standards are higher.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:26 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
A good daddy then
No, you haven't been around here that long. It's something I've heard a time or two in a work or social setting where one chick says to another that she won't be seeing her boyfriend, or that she'll have to "share" him, almost making it sound like these kids make this guy more "cool" and more virile because he has ejaculated, and created offspring, whereas a single-single man has not ... well, not the "created offspring" part.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
No, you haven't been around here that long. It's something I've heard a time or two in a work or social setting where one chick says to another that she won't be seeing her boyfriend, or that she'll have to "share" him, almost making it sound like these kids make this guy more "cool" and more virile because he has ejaculated, and created offspring, whereas a single-single man has not ... well, not the "created offspring" part.
I know someone who likes to date men with multiple baby mamas and I asked why they said "because he has experience in sex". Um, ok. Me I just see an irresponsible man.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Doesn't make him cool, it makes him a good father to spend time with his kids. What kind of lowlife would rather spend time with a possible girlfriend than his own children.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
That's silly.

She probably just liked him period.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Then they weren't in love to begin with and exactly why should I date someone like that who will fall out of love with me too? No thanks my standards are higher.
I have to laugh at you. You can not honestly think that people can be madly in love then years later grow apart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships